Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway's statement  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 200 Guests

Holloway's statement  (merged)

This thread currently has 20,855 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
December 17, 2020, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from forza ivano

ffs poojah, how do you always manage to set down the situation in a way that i wanted to, but was still trying to think how to express it?

Nimble fingers. Just ask the wife.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 135
Stadium
December 17, 2020, 9:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from newarkmariner
Ipswin and BJ why the flock are you 2 on here ,all you do is spew bile, you wanted answers and too hear from Olly ,well you got it but it isn't enough for you ,the pair off you are pathetic
i hope he stays at Town and turns us around ,if for no other reason than to stick it the pair off you
,f@4koff and support someone else you pair off masturbaters

IAN HOLLOWAYS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

Started early have we??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 135
Stadium
December 17, 2020, 9:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

That's a symptom of how badly the club is run. The club's media management has been woeful for years and whoever runs it thinks it makes sense to post quotes openly criticising the board. F@cking hopeless.

Indicates or gives the impression it was a collaboration between all parties.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 135
KingstonMariner
December 17, 2020, 10:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

That's a symptom of how badly the club is run. The club's media management has been woeful for years and whoever runs it thinks it makes sense to post quotes openly criticising the board. F@cking hopeless.

Maybe whoever posted it is rebelling against the ‘regime’ who might be looking for a new job soon.

Possible source of the leak about May.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 135
Maringer
December 17, 2020, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
Struck me that he is hedging his bets. Critical of both Fenty & Co and Shutes & Co whilst not aligning himself with either.

Which is fine by me. I just want him to do a good job as manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 135
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Incorrect. We’re absolutely nowhere near the salary cap of £1.5m.

He said in today's interview we were above the limit and that is why two have gone to make room in January.

Unless he was referring to something else🤔
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 135
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Struck me that he is hedging his bets. Critical of both Fenty & Co and Shutes & Co whilst not aligning himself with either.

Which is fine by me. I just want him to do a good job as manager.

I agree, we know what our current shower of directors have been up to but it would be nice to know what Shutes and co. have done to be classed as playing politics.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 135
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from hampshiremariner

Thanks, Forza. My comment about ownership was questioning the guy the Board turned down amid all the bad publicity for the club. My problem is I do not have a handle on all the stuff that is going on. I'm 73  and looking from a distance and just wanting my club to win a few points. It makes you think why is the club always swimming in a sea of crap?

Holloway is correct when he talks about the importance of a football club to the community. And this is not just any club; it has a proud history and seen success but at the moment all we see is regression. No progress. Fifteen years at least of dire stuff.

You also look at other clubs who somehow have come back from bad times against the odds. Brighton, Doncaster and Hull. The latter were locked out of the University's facilities for not paying the rent but somehow re-emerged with a new stadium. Rotherham have a new stadium. We were told we would get a new stadium in 2001 but look at what has happened.

Down here in the south I have to suffer Eastleigh fans telling me that Grimsby are crap and they are better! That is hard to take.

Actually the first real anouncement for a new ground was in 1995.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 135
heppy88
December 17, 2020, 11:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Judging by much of the responses on here, the telegraph and other social media this statement has achieved its purpose. But I fear the purpose of this statement is not, what many are assuming.

First and foremost, there is NO denial here that Holloway knew of Mr May, his 2 plus year relationship with Fenty, the intended investment and of May's criminal past.
Surely, he knew all of these things. Why? He was on the board and privy to these things, the Trust board members admitted they knew, so why not Holloway? As such he was not an innocent party to this saga. I think most can agree that if May's involvement was not exposed the investment WOULD have been accepted and we would probably still in the dark.

When he refers to mistakes being made, he is not referring to his own. It is written in the context of those at the top. He is calling the recent saga a “mistake” on behalf of Fenty and the board (of which he sits). This was NO mistake. This was a calculated train of events, at least 2 years in the making. As stated above, the events would have reached a suitable conclusion for Fenty and the board if it had not been exposed.

Holloway suggests the distractions off field are the reason for the team’s poor start to the season. There is absolutely no admission that HIS actions have caused any of the poor performances to date. He has used the “politics” as an excuse for his and his team’s current failings. Not Covid, not pay cuts, or anything else that occurred in the close season.

He also points some of the blame at Shutes and his associates for simply taking an interest in the club. According to Fenty for a number of years the club was open to offers. Shutes simply decided to make an offer but ultimately could not meet the remit as stated by Fenty.

The remainder of the statement is a rallying call. A rallying call that will no doubt result in a remorseful statement from the club and Fenty himself. Fenty is no stranger to issuing apologetic statements when required, especially when he’s trying to get out of a sticky wicket. Holloway's statement paves the way, by appeasing the fans (mission accomplished), ready for Fenty’s plea of forgiveness.

If this statement was a true rogue statement, where Fenty and co were caught (again) unawares, then there is no way that links to the statement would have been IMMIDIETELY posted on the clubs social media. There would have been no way Fenty would have tolerated this. The statement is nothing more than a carefully orchestrated ploy, by the current incumbents, designed to calm the anti-Fenty sentiment, so Fenty can have his say and again hold his head up high.

My prediction is nothing will materialise from the continuation of talks with Shute’s and co. Why would anything come of them as they have already been going on for a number of years? If they do, I don’t believe Fenty will relinquish control of the club anyway and the status quo will be maintained to the detriment of the club.
I really, really hope I’m wrong on this, but nothing that has happened over Fenty’s reign has left me to think otherwise.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 135
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 11:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
Judging by much of the responses on here, the telegraph and other social media this statement has achieved its purpose. But I fear the purpose of this statement is not, what many are assuming.

First and foremost, there is NO denial here that Holloway knew of Mr May, his 2 plus year relationship with Fenty, the intended investment and of May's criminal past.
Surely, he knew all of these things. Why? He was on the board and privy to these things, the Trust board members admitted they knew, so why not Holloway? As such he was not an innocent party to this saga. I think most can agree that if May's involvement was not exposed the investment WOULD have been accepted and we would probably still in the dark.

When he refers to mistakes being made, he is not referring to his own. It is written in the context of those at the top. He is calling the recent saga a “mistake” on behalf of Fenty and the board (of which he sits). This was NO mistake. This was a calculated train of events, at least 2 years in the making. As stated above, the events would have reached a suitable conclusion for Fenty and the board if it had not been exposed.

Holloway suggests the distractions off field are the reason for the team’s poor start to the season. There is absolutely no admission that HIS actions have caused any of the poor performances to date. He has used the “politics” as an excuse for his and his team’s current failings. Not Covid, not pay cuts, or anything else that occurred in the close season.

He also points some of the blame at Shutes and his associates for simply taking an interest in the club. According to Fenty for a number of years the club was open to offers. Shutes simply decided to make an offer but ultimately could not meet the remit as stated by Fenty.

The remainder of the statement is a rallying call. A rallying call that will no doubt result in a remorseful statement from the club and Fenty himself. Fenty is no stranger to issuing apologetic statements when required, especially when he’s trying to get out of a sticky wicket. Holloway's statement paves the way, by appeasing the fans (mission accomplished), ready for Fenty’s plea of forgiveness.

If this statement was a true rogue statement, where Fenty and co were caught (again) unawares, then there is no way that links to the statement would have been IMMIDIETELY posted on the clubs social media. There would have been no way Fenty would have tolerated this. The statement is nothing more than a carefully orchestrated ploy, by the current incumbents, designed to calm the anti-Fenty sentiment, so Fenty can have his say and again hold his head up high.

My prediction is nothing will materialise from the continuation of talks with Shute’s and co. Why would anything come of them as they have already been going on for a number of years? If they do, I don’t believe Fenty will relinquish control of the club anyway and the status quo will be maintained to the detriment of the club.
I really, really hope I’m wrong on this, but nothing that has happened over Fenty’s reign has left me to think otherwise.

I would have to agree with this.

I also suspect the current love in with IH may well evaporate if we lose the next three games.

For his sake and ours let's hope we turn our form around.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway's statement  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.