Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway's statement  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Holloway's statement  (merged)

This thread currently has 20,891 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 17, 2020, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from hampshiremariner
It is so disheartening to read all of this. I haven't the deep knowledge that most of the members have on this Board but it is still the club I follow.
It beggars belief all the politics and you wonder why people wish to invest in the club. Do they truly have the club at heart? Ot is it about themselves?
I genuinely thought we had turned the corner when Olllie first arrived and we at last started to pick up regular points. I thought the arrest of the long slide (since we were relegated from the Championship) was at last over.
I hope he does not go, but it must be wearing him down with trying to manage the team with all this political stuff going on.
It's an ongoing nightmare and very sad. I wonder what it would cost for the fans to buy the club?

hampshire, have a look at the backgrounds of the gang of 3. Have a look at their achievements, their twitter feeds and videos etc. Have a read of the articles they've written or had written about them and then contrast with what you know and have experienced of JSF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 135
Tommy
December 17, 2020, 6:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Unexpectedly (from me anyway) the club's social media accounts have now posted graphics of or links to Holloways statement.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 135
forza ivano
December 17, 2020, 6:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Tommy
Unexpectedly (from me anyway) the club's social media accounts have now posted graphics of or links to Holloways statement.

interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 135
GrimRob
December 17, 2020, 6:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from pontoonlew

He was determined and resolute when he came here and took a shite side into one that was a joy to watch at times.

He then got absolutely shafted by our incompetent board who failed to retain any of our players and set the club up with a plan that was probably titled 'Don't be last'. I've no doubt Ollie has made some howlers but I've also no doubt that he's had his hands tied behind his back for the majority.

The fact remains that he has spent almost the entire wage cap on the players we have in the squad. No board could have given him more money because that's the upper limit and if a new board comes in they'll have the same constraint. I am no fan of the board we have but most of the day to day decisions are made by the manager not the board. Ideally we get a new board and a new manager.

Yes we played some nice stuff last season when we were in a mid-table position and had nothing to lose, but that's irrelevant now we're in a relegation battle now and can't afford that luxury.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 135
Incognito
December 17, 2020, 6:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
For me, this is the last nail in John Fenty's coffin when associated with GTFC. Nothing will happen regarding Holloway leaving his job, the board wouldn't want the uproar of him being sacked for expressing his, and the majority of fans opinion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 135
Ipswin
December 17, 2020, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Holloway's knackered if the new owners expect loyalty

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 135
grimsby pete
December 17, 2020, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Well we did tell him he does not know Fenty  like we do.

He does now it seems.

For Ollies sake  I hope this deal goes through (for all our sakes ) because Fenty will choose a time of his choosing and give Ollie the sack even if results pick up and we are mid table.  

Come on gang of three push this deal through the fans are behind you .

Apart from the Fenty lovers but there are not many of them.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 135
moosey_club
December 17, 2020, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from pontoonlew
It's a fantastic, well thought out statement from Ollie which gets the fans right on board (it does me anyway).

He doesn't need telling that it's not been good enough and unlike others before him, he openly admits it instead of hiding behind it.

He's sided with the fans here and for me this only ends one way for John Fenty. Ollie knows that Fenty can't sack him for this and Fenty has been outed once again. The fact Ollie said he could sling mud but doesn't want to, suggests there is mud to be slung right in JSF's face.

I mentioned previously, it's an absolute mess at the minute but it's weirdly enjoyable to watch because it's resulting in Fenty's demise.

I think JF already has previous of removing "employees" who dont tow the party line hasnt he ?  Was it the SLO or Mighty that got it for being too "fan focussed instead of being club focussed" ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 135
MuddyWaters
December 17, 2020, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from moosey_club

I think JF already has previous of removing "employees" who dont tow the party line hasnt he ?  Was it the SLO or Mighty that got it for being too "fan focussed instead of being club focussed" ?

Fan focused? Not sure that phrase has ever existed in JF world.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 135
ginnywings
December 17, 2020, 6:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway's statement  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.