Henryscat
December 15, 2020, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Ipswin

You sure?

As I said I’m not 100% sure. For one I don’t know if we’re aware of everybody involved other than the names already banded about - I was only aware of 2 until someone on here said Pettit. Given the lack of information and genuine evidence the 2 I knew of appear “clean”.

It is a fair and valid question and I’ll fully reserve judgement until the full details come out (assuming they ever do).

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 95
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 10:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Henryscat

As I said I’m not 100% sure. For one I don’t know if we’re aware of everybody involved other than the names already banded about - I was only aware of 2 until someone on here said Pettit. Given the lack of information and genuine evidence the 2 I knew of appear “clean”.

It is a fair and valid question and I’ll fully reserve judgement until the full details come out (assuming they ever do).

It was tongue in cheek, I don't know either and I doubt either of them are fraudsters but of course there is no way of knowing who their financial backers are.

I had no idea about May or his previous until this weekend's big reveal, actually as 'May' he hasn't got any previous of course He was convicted under his other unpronounceable name, Easy enough to avoid being identified with either a) a simple name change or b) be one of the 'invisible never disclosed' financial backers

Dodds lot went wrong by putting May up as the frontman

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 1:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think swin is a valued member of the forum and secondly yep I'd tell you to your face you're a whopper you whopper

Hey warrior boy I've got the full day of off work tomorrow looking forward to your PM so we can meet for a constructive chat????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 95
Northbank Mariner
December 15, 2020, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Humbercod

Hey warrior boy I've got the full day of off work tomorrow looking forward to your PM so we can meet for a constructive chat????

Calm down big lad, it's not worth the hassle.  Plus, he's probably at school so can't reply right now🤣🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 95
KingstonMariner
December 15, 2020, 1:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

So not only are you lacking in moral principles and would accept money from any dodgy source, you also threaten someone with violence!

You really are a lowlife.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 95
GYinScuntland
December 15, 2020, 1:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I haven’t called anyone a hamburger but I have called you a whopper you whopper

Is it just me that thinks whoppers aren't as big as they used to be?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 1:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Calm down big lad, it's not worth the hassle.  Plus, he's probably at school so can't reply right now🤣🤣

Turning into an echo chamber on here bud, some really don’t like different opinions, probably not for me😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 1:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So not only are you lacking in moral principles and would accept money from any dodgy source, you also threaten someone with violence!

You really are a lowlife.

Didn’t threaten anybody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 95
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 15, 2020, 1:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

Turning into an echo chamber on here bud, some really don’t like different opinions, probably not for me😂

I don't mind different opinions, they make life interesting. It's the boorish vitriol that gets me.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 95
grimsbybrown
December 15, 2020, 1:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from 1098
Well done your moaning has cost the club you say you support 1 million quid, anyone out there want to cover the costs....no! Unbelievable bunch of hypocrites, what are you left with now after your constant whingeing, morals in tact but playing Cleethorpes town at their better state of the art ground in a few years. The Grimsby attitude wins again let's stay in the past forever eh. No more from me I give up with your opinion as much as you do mine. Good luck Ollie with a crap ground crap budget crap facilities

On the contrary, if anyone has cost the club it is surely Fenty.

His business dealings have forced him to resign from his regeneration role and now questions around his integrity linger.  However it is portrayed, he holds the power at the club and we can’t afford for there to be those kind of questions around our place at the regeneration / relocation table.  

As far as I can see, regeneration is just about our only route to a new ground, and a new ground is essential to our future by increasing income streams.  Ultimately that is worth millions, and if that is at now risk then Fenty needs to do the right thing.  When the Shutes story began, Fenty could have secured a legacy of sorts, the man who stood in the gap and kept the club financially afloat, before handing on to those who could take us further.

Now, it risks ending in ignominy..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done you moaning lot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.