dapperz fun pub
December 15, 2020, 5:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Humbercod

From what I understand no one was fleeced out of their life savings, it was a mortgage scam and nobody lost their homes, correct me if I’m wrong.
No doubt Football boardrooms up and down the land will have many unsavoury characters, we’d call scumbags if we knew their business dealings, the problem for Carr is that he’s a convicted scumbag. You’d soon change your tune if a Saudi Prince offered to buy the club.
If he wants to stick a million quid in the club coffers and the money is legit, and their is no catch then I think we are mad to turn it down.

It was a mortgage scam ahh that’s alright then ..you absolute whopper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 95
December 15, 2020, 5:46am
Guest User
Quoted from Humbercod
From what I understand no one was fleeced out of their life savings, it was a mortgage scam and nobody lost their homes, correct me if I’m wrong.
No doubt Football boardrooms up and down the land will have many unsavoury characters, we’d call scumbags if we knew their business dealings, the problem for Carr is that he’s a convicted scumbag. You’d soon change your tune if a Saudi Prince offered to buy the club.
If he wants to stick a million quid in the club coffers and the money is legit, and their is no catch then I think we are mad to turn it down.

If you're trying to portray Alex May's fraud as victimless (because the victims didn't lose cash) you obviously have no idea of the mental anguish and
confusion his (and others') activities caused to the elderly people concerned. Neither would I welcome a Saudi Prince.

IF he wants to stick a million quid in the club coffers (he says he did, but he's a convicted fraudster...), and
IF the money is legit (?), and
IF there is no catch ( ??????? )
we should take the money - you say.
Too many big 'ifs' surely...

However, for myself (and other posters) the debate is not about whether it's to the financial advantage of GTFC or not.
We don't want the club to besmirch itself by having any association with May whatsoever.
It's what's called having values.
Reply: 51 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 6:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

It was a mortgage scam ahh that’s alright then ..you absolute whopper

No one is saying that’s ok are they mr Warrior? But you carry on calling people hamburgers for having a different view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 95
dapperz fun pub
December 15, 2020, 6:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Humbercod

No one is saying that’s ok are they mr Warrior? But you carry on calling people hamburgers for having a different view.

I haven’t called anyone a hamburger but I have called you a whopper you whopper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 95
aldi_01
December 15, 2020, 6:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely the biggest thing here is that folk who’ve possibly been in the fence or have believed, which they’re entitled to, Fenty has done a good job has no crossed the line.

This could be a seminal moment. I’m not even sure it’s the fact Mr May is a convicted fraudster and more the fact, as a club, after spending a lot of time calling previous suitors tyre kickers, people who did have the cash even if they wouldn’t play the clubs tune we entertained this chap.

Then the club release a statement, once again a statement which says very little other than has a dog at fans for basically saying we’re fools because this bloke wanted to put a million quid in. The club didn’t clarify if he’d proved he’d got that amount, no clarification on what specifically he was going to do and what his end game was.

People like this don’t just put some money in Becauee they’ve suddenly developed an affinity to a club (he was interested in Notts county and chesterfield until they duck him off).

It has hugely impacted Fenty’s political career and if he thought he wouldn’t then he’s a bigger moron than most would think.

Then you have the Cod Almighty stuff regarding tax and so forth. This will rumble on and at some point, loans or not, I think Fenty’s position will or should become untenable.

He’s had his chances, he’s had his fun but now is the time to leave. Ironically, if he’d parked his ego, not been an arrogant twit that thinks he knows best, Shutes would own the club and none of this would likely be public knowledge and he’d have been able to get involved in whatever he likes...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 6:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 137

If you're trying to portray Alex May's fraud as victimless (because the victims didn't lose cash) you obviously have no idea of the mental anguish and
confusion his (and others') activities caused to the elderly people concerned. Neither would I welcome a Saudi Prince.

Agree with this actually which is why he got a very long sentence I guess. I just correctly stated in reply no one suffered financial loss according to the sitting judge.

Quoted Text
Neither would I welcome a Saudi Prince

I’m sure lots of Man City fans said exactly the same thing😀

Quoted Text
However, for myself (and other posters) the debate is not about whether it's to the financial advantage of GTFC or not.
We don't want the club to besmirch itself by having any association with May whatsoever.
It's what's called having values.

Screw values I say! morals, pride and values left the game a long time ago anyone thinking different must be living in an alternative universe. This is how I look at I’m someone who lives a happy life, no enemy’s, nobody in the world I hate, but then I think of Ian Huntley and how I would love to spend 10 minutes in his cell with him. But if this piece of scum (in the true sense of the word) was to have a massive lottery win and then he decided he wanted to put the money into his home town club, enough to buy a new ground then I’d snatch his hand off literally.

If the money is legit it doesn’t matter where it comes from, people will talk about values to virtue signal to try and stand out and show how morally better they are but the truth is no one really gives a excrement when it comes to their football club, which is why premiership grounds are packed week in week out. (Pre-COVID)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 6:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I haven’t called anyone a hamburger but I have called you a whopper you whopper

So then warrior you think it’s right to abuse someone just for having a different view? You’re  pathetic!
Are you one of them who wants Ipswin banned?
Would you say this to my face or are you just a little warrior?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 95
MuddyWaters
December 15, 2020, 6:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Humbercod

Agree with this actually which is why he got a very long sentence I guess. I just correctly stated in reply no one suffered financial loss according to the sitting judge.

I’m sure lots of Man City fans said exactly the same thing😀

Screw values I say! morals, pride and values left the game a long time ago anyone thinking different must be living in an alternative universe. This is how I look at I’m someone who lives a happy life, no enemy’s, nobody in the world I hate, but then I think of Ian Huntley and how I would love to spend 10 minutes in his cell with him. But if this piece of scum (in the true sense of the word) was to have a massive lottery win and then he decided he wanted to put the money into his home town club, enough to buy a new ground then I’d snatch his hand off literally.

If the money is legit it doesn’t matter where it comes from, people will talk about values to virtue signal to try and stand out and show how morally better they are but the truth is no one really gives a excrement when it comes to their football club, which is why premiership grounds are packed week in week out. (Pre-COVID)

So why would you choose the money of a convicted criminal ahead of the money of a reputable group like Shutes, Smallwood and Pettit?

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 95
Humbercod
December 15, 2020, 6:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So why would you choose the money of a convicted criminal ahead of the money of a reputable group like Shutes, Smallwood and Pettit?

I wouldn’t he would be at the back of the cue, but the way things look he’s the only one in the  cue,I’d take his money let the dust settle then give him a life ban 😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 95
Davec
December 15, 2020, 7:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I've seen Stockwood and Shutes name mentioned but who is Pettit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done you moaning lot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.