10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
December 14, 2020, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from 1098
What's that got to do with someone giving away a million no different to Parker doing it and he was a messiah We need the money there is no risk he has no hold he is innocent now unless he commits crimes in the future. His only crime now is investing in this land of the dead backward town. This town never moves forward too many people moan and dig heels in it's a hole because of it.

Except he is not innocent now. Unless he gets his conviction quashed by the court of appeals he’s forever guilty, the time spent at Her Majesty’s pleasure does not exonerate him from guilt.

Questions also need to be asked as to how a gentleman less than 2 years out of prison suddenly has a spare million quid to give away.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
mariner91
December 14, 2020, 10:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 1098
What's that got to do with someone giving away a million no different to Parker doing it and he was a messiah We need the money there is no risk he has no hold he is innocent now unless he commits crimes in the future. His only crime now is investing in this land of the dead backward town. This town never moves forward too many people moan and dig heels in it's a hole because of it.

Innocent now? I don’t think you understand how a criminal record works.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
KingstonMariner
December 14, 2020, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1098

I’ll tell you the difference. Mike Parker is a respectable business man and not a convicted fraudster. He’s also a lifelong Town fan unlike Alec May or whatever his name is this week.

The other thing you may care to consider is the story of the Trojan Horse.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 10:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1098

And yet, I will sleep soundly tonight knowing the fans outed a fraudster, and he was run out of the club, just as he was at other clubs before us.

Just a pity we gave him more credence than they did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
moosey_club
December 14, 2020, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1098

Yeah , £1m , thank you very much, but why ?

You really believe , that during his involvement in a failed takeover bid last year that he just fell in love with the club so much ?  My ego wont allow me to fall for some fcker blowing smoke up my bottom , i wonder if anyone elses would ?

That at the same time as this failed bid, he and JF struck up such a deep and meaningful relationship they became great friends , set up a company together and just a few months later decided to part ways without any trading actually taking place ?

The guy coincidentally gets introduced to the local council to discuss helping with the regeneration of the town.

It fking reeks , reeks enough for JF to step down from the one role he can actually get dismissed from , and lets face it, when a senior figure steps down from local authority they are effectvely sacked  in all but name to save face.

He effectively cant be sacked from the board of GTFC because his mates are on the board and his mates are skint and petrified they might have to pick the bill up if they did vote him off.

JF and the board have gone too far this time. More will come out as too many people with the investigative know how are now looking at this.

Not the end of the story i am sure....i just wish it could be the end of something else.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
December 14, 2020, 10:58pm
Guest User
He has done his time so crime served u member it's not rocket science. You lot on here really are righteous yet just a bunch of keyboard warriors in between hand shuffles and moaning about everything u can. The club's chasing Harrogate etc it needs change it never will coz lot u can't ever be pleased happier when moaning and being unhappy it's the Grimsby way....'are u local' we don't like strangers around here
Reply: 35 - 95
Henryscat
December 14, 2020, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1098
He has done his time so crime served u member it's not rocket science. You lot on here really are righteous yet just a bunch of keyboard warriors in between hand shuffles and moaning about everything u can. The club's chasing Harrogate etc it needs change it never will coz lot u can't ever be pleased happier when moaning and being unhappy it's the Grimsby way....'are u local' we don't like strangers around here

If that is directed at me I would like to reiterate that serving time at Her Majesty’s pleasure does not exonerate guilt.

As for the “Grimsby way” and “local” comment, I haven’t lived in Grimsby since 1997.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 11:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We voted for a salary cap, so Harrogate can't get away from us the sneaky buggers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
Henryscat
December 14, 2020, 11:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1098

Also do you not see the delicious irony of calling someone a member on an Internet forum and in the next breath calling them a keyboard warrior?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
KingstonMariner
December 14, 2020, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1098

Are you a bit thick? Or do you just lack any moral fibre?

Either way can you publish your name so people can know who not to do business with. It’d potentially save a lot of time. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done you moaning lot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.