TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2020, 3:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
You should be Ron though.He is footballing royalty. Hence all youngsters who are coming through in the football world would love to end up in Neymars shoes.Hence one of the best on the planet with a net worth of close to £300 million.

I can see that Rick as a serious point. My question would be why are those kids playing the game in the first place? My opinion of Mason Greenwood who I thought was a decent kid making his way has been shattered now, but it won’t be shattered for the legions of kids who will stick up for his nitro sniffing and escapade in Iceland. Slightly tangential to Neymar but on the same lines. They are not footballers to me, just greedy bu99ers.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
pen penfras
September 14, 2020, 4:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71

I can see that Rick as a serious point. My question would be why are those kids playing the game in the first place? My opinion of Mason Greenwood who I thought was a decent kid making his way has been shattered now, but it won’t be shattered for the legions of kids who will stick up for his nitro sniffing and escapade in Iceland. Slightly tangential to Neymar but on the same lines. They are not footballers to me, just greedy bu99ers.

Did you never make a mistake as an adolescent? I know he's in the public eye, but he's barely an adult and if I had all the money he has, I'm sure I'd have done a lot more stupid things than I did. It's a learning experience, hopefully he now takes more responsibility and sets a good example for kids to follow. If he does a Grealish and continues being a numpty for years, then fair enough vilify him. But right now he's a kid that's done a couple of things, that compared to what a lot of other people that age get up to, aren't really that bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2020, 4:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Did you never make a mistake as an adolescent? I know he's in the public eye, but he's barely an adult and if I had all the money he has, I'm sure I'd have done a lot more stupid things than I did. It's a learning experience, hopefully he now takes more responsibility and sets a good example for kids to follow. If he does a Grealish and continues being a numpty for years, then fair enough vilify him. But right now he's a kid that's done a couple of things, that compared to what a lot of other people that age get up to, aren't really that bad.

Of course I did PP but if it is a learning experience he seems to be a slow learner! I think even I would have got the message quicker than him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Rodley Mariner
September 14, 2020, 4:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Mason Greenwood is an 18 year old lad who has done a couple of stupid things like virtually every other 18 year old lad ever. I find it hard to credit that lads up and down the country are currently inhaling nitrous oxide and trying to sleep with Icelandic models though I suspect most would love to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2020, 5:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Mason Greenwood is an 18 year old lad who has done a couple of stupid things like virtually every other 18 year old lad ever. I find it hard to credit that lads up and down the country are currently inhaling nitrous oxide and trying to sleep with Icelandic models though I suspect most would love to.

Yes Rodley ,  so if you become a pro player you can do it. Is that a proper ambition?

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Ipswin
September 14, 2020, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I suspect that lads given the choice would prefer to be a professional footballer with Manchester United (or any club) rather than sniffing nitrous oxide and shagging Icelandic models (plenty of time for the latter later)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
AussieMariner
September 14, 2020, 6:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

I suspect that lads given the choice would prefer to be a professional footballer with Manchester United (or any club) rather than sniffing nitrous oxide and shagging Icelandic models (plenty of time for the latter later)

That presumes that they have the ability to make that choice when faced with a scantily clad Icelandic model. I think it was Robin Williams who said we were given a brain and a pen1s but only enough blood to operate one of them at a time......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
immariner
September 14, 2020, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from promotion plaice

I bet Neymar wouldn't have dared punch that Marseille player outside of the safety of a football ground, the lad looked like he could handle himself.

Five sent-off after a mass brawl, surely that's a record?

What "mass brawl"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
fishboyUTM
September 14, 2020, 9:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Has ability but uses it like a trained seal at a circus rather than to influence a game. Seems unable to control his emotions in big games which limit his effectiveness. Petulant, injury prone and disappears every year when it's his sisters birthday. Not a kid at 28, playing in an inferior league to the one he left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
aldi_01
September 15, 2020, 6:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Back on topic, Neymar will we’ve his punishment...if the Marseille player is proven to be racist then a huge ban should be coming his way.

As for Greenwood, and Foden, what they did was daft, they paid the ultimate price in some respects. Should they be castigated? Absolutely not, Grealish should be in prison but he’s not yet Greenwood and Foden seemed to have received more stick.

They were wrong, but let’s be honest, they didn’t set out to be role models or be put on the pedestal they’re placed on, they just wanna play football. I’d imagine there’s lads at lower league clubs do the same but no fornicator cares.

They’ll learn and they’ll go on and have great careers...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neymar at it again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.