Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2020, 11:21pm

PSG v Marseille....five sent-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCDXvmgias
Posted by: Sandford1981, September 13, 2020, 11:41pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

PSG v Marseille....five sent-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCDXvmgias

The guy is an absolute idiot! The cheek to sarcastically applaud too-the arrogance is staggering. Wonder if he’ll win twit of the week...
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 14, 2020, 2:10am; Reply: 2
He's an absolute disgrace to the game
Posted by: aldi_01, September 14, 2020, 6:18am; Reply: 3
Be investing to see if the alleged racism is proven, especially given the left leaning approach of Marseille.

Even Neymar’s punch was bottom.

Credit where credits due, I think the ref gets it all spot on.
Posted by: gtfc82, September 14, 2020, 7:22am; Reply: 4
Any player who sarcastically applauds the ref after getting sent off should have an extra match added onto their ban imo! Total disrespect!
Posted by: Rick12, September 14, 2020, 7:26am; Reply: 5
Shame about Neymar being so petulant tonight . On his day for me is the third best player on the planet behind Messi and C Ronaldo.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 14, 2020, 7:43am; Reply: 6
De Bruyne for me^. Neymar is a member, always has been
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 14, 2020, 9:02am; Reply: 7
Never rated him, IF he let his football skills do the talking, he would be up there. But he spends more time rolling around acting, the guy is a clown, more suited to a ring circus, than football staduim.
Posted by: LH, September 14, 2020, 9:24am; Reply: 8
Not sure Neymar makes my top ten. I watched the second half of the match itself. I reckon there must have been about 15mins of the game lost to the referee settling disputes between the teams and dishing out cards. I was amazed it took until the 90th minute to see reds issued.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 14, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 9
I lost track there What happened to the very first bloke, the one who got shot right at the start of it all. Has he stopped rolling over and over yet?
Posted by: Rick12, September 14, 2020, 9:56am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid
De Bruyne for me^. Neymar is a member, always has been
Been interesting watching De Bruyne on" all or nothing" on Amazon prime. Only 3rd show in but sad to see how some of them Man City players were fouled excessively to the point of injury  by some of the Cardiff players during the Fa cup.
Posted by: wuffing, September 14, 2020, 10:10am; Reply: 11
It's the way a person carries him/her self and acts that count as much as talent. Some people still say that Diego Maradonna was world class....I will only ever remember him as a dirty cheating b*****d.
Posted by: immariner, September 14, 2020, 1:58pm; Reply: 12
What a flipping embarrassing advert that is, not just for those 2 clubs but football as a sport. It's no wonder rugby takes the urine out of football for how flipping soft it is. Especially when you see this variously described as a 'brawl' and 'fight'.
Posted by: Rick12, September 14, 2020, 2:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from wuffing
It's the way a person carries him/her self and acts that count as much as talent. Some people still say that Diego Maradonna was world class....I will only ever remember him as a dirty cheating b*****d.
Yes. Neymar is undoubtedly world class in my view but probably has gone to his head a bit.Hence when he was coming through in Brazil as a player was adored.

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 14, 2020, 2:10pm; Reply: 14
I saw the thread title and thought .... who? He is a part of a world that is of no interest to a football fan like me.
Posted by: Rick12, September 14, 2020, 2:21pm; Reply: 15
I saw the thread title and thought .... who? He is a part of a world that is of no interest to a football fan like me.
You should be Ron though.He is footballing royalty. Hence all youngsters who are coming through in the football world would love to end up in Neymars shoes.Hence one of the best on the planet with a net worth of close to £300 million. ;)

Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 14, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 16
bloke is a twit, hates losing and always looking for a fight

Hate him
Posted by: Ipswin, September 14, 2020, 3:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Boris Johnson
hates losing

nowt wrong with that, some of the dossers we have had over the years might have done better had they demonstrated more will to win instead of just picking up the money

Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2020, 3:25pm; Reply: 18

I bet Neymar wouldn't have dared punch that Marseille player outside of the safety of a football ground, the lad looked like he could handle himself.

Five sent-off after a mass brawl, surely that's a record?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 19

Oh and well done to VAR for spotting the Neymar punch and getting him sent-off.

VAR does have it's good points    ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 14, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rick12
You should be Ron though.He is footballing royalty. Hence all youngsters who are coming through in the football world would love to end up in Neymars shoes.Hence one of the best on the planet with a net worth of close to £300 million. ;)

I can see that Rick as a serious point. My question would be why are those kids playing the game in the first place? My opinion of Mason Greenwood who I thought was a decent kid making his way has been shattered now, but it won’t be shattered for the legions of kids who will stick up for his nitro sniffing and escapade in Iceland. Slightly tangential to Neymar but on the same lines. They are not footballers to me, just greedy bu99ers.

Posted by: pen penfras, September 14, 2020, 4:03pm; Reply: 21

I can see that Rick as a serious point. My question would be why are those kids playing the game in the first place? My opinion of Mason Greenwood who I thought was a decent kid making his way has been shattered now, but it won’t be shattered for the legions of kids who will stick up for his nitro sniffing and escapade in Iceland. Slightly tangential to Neymar but on the same lines. They are not footballers to me, just greedy bu99ers.

Did you never make a mistake as an adolescent? I know he's in the public eye, but he's barely an adult and if I had all the money he has, I'm sure I'd have done a lot more stupid things than I did. It's a learning experience, hopefully he now takes more responsibility and sets a good example for kids to follow. If he does a Grealish and continues being a numpty for years, then fair enough vilify him. But right now he's a kid that's done a couple of things, that compared to what a lot of other people that age get up to, aren't really that bad.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 14, 2020, 4:28pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pen penfras

Did you never make a mistake as an adolescent? I know he's in the public eye, but he's barely an adult and if I had all the money he has, I'm sure I'd have done a lot more stupid things than I did. It's a learning experience, hopefully he now takes more responsibility and sets a good example for kids to follow. If he does a Grealish and continues being a numpty for years, then fair enough vilify him. But right now he's a kid that's done a couple of things, that compared to what a lot of other people that age get up to, aren't really that bad.

Of course I did PP but if it is a learning experience he seems to be a slow learner! I think even I would have got the message quicker than him. ;)

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 14, 2020, 4:58pm; Reply: 23
Mason Greenwood is an 18 year old lad who has done a couple of stupid things like virtually every other 18 year old lad ever. I find it hard to credit that lads up and down the country are currently inhaling nitrous oxide and trying to sleep with Icelandic models though I suspect most would love to.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 14, 2020, 5:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Mason Greenwood is an 18 year old lad who has done a couple of stupid things like virtually every other 18 year old lad ever. I find it hard to credit that lads up and down the country are currently inhaling nitrous oxide and trying to sleep with Icelandic models though I suspect most would love to.

Yes Rodley ,  so if you become a pro player you can do it. Is that a proper ambition?

Posted by: Ipswin, September 14, 2020, 6:28pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I suspect that lads given the choice would prefer to be a professional footballer with Manchester United (or any club) rather than sniffing nitrous oxide and shagging Icelandic models (plenty of time for the latter later)

Posted by: AussieMariner, September 14, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Ipswin

I suspect that lads given the choice would prefer to be a professional footballer with Manchester United (or any club) rather than sniffing nitrous oxide and shagging Icelandic models (plenty of time for the latter later)

That presumes that they have the ability to make that choice when faced with a scantily clad Icelandic model. I think it was Robin Williams who said we were given a brain and a pen1s but only enough blood to operate one of them at a time......
Posted by: immariner, September 14, 2020, 8:21pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

I bet Neymar wouldn't have dared punch that Marseille player outside of the safety of a football ground, the lad looked like he could handle himself.

Five sent-off after a mass brawl, surely that's a record?

What "mass brawl"?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 14, 2020, 9:39pm; Reply: 28
Has ability but uses it like a trained seal at a circus rather than to influence a game. Seems unable to control his emotions in big games which limit his effectiveness. Petulant, injury prone and disappears every year when it's his sisters birthday. Not a kid at 28, playing in an inferior league to the one he left.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 15, 2020, 6:35am; Reply: 29
Back on topic, Neymar will we’ve his punishment...if the Marseille player is proven to be racist then a huge ban should be coming his way.

As for Greenwood, and Foden, what they did was daft, they paid the ultimate price in some respects. Should they be castigated? Absolutely not, Grealish should be in prison but he’s not yet Greenwood and Foden seemed to have received more stick.

They were wrong, but let’s be honest, they didn’t set out to be role models or be put on the pedestal they’re placed on, they just wanna play football. I’d imagine there’s lads at lower league clubs do the same but no fornicator cares.

They’ll learn and they’ll go on and have great careers...
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:10pm