Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
August 12, 2020, 3:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,058
Gold Stars: 197

As a white male if I got stopped by the police I would just think they were doing their job and go on my merry way without making an issue of it but heyho.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Stadium
August 12, 2020, 5:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Boris Johnson
And people wonder why they lost.

'The disgusting filth that is Dawn Butler Labour MP'

Please explain the reasoning behind the quote??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
grimsby pete
August 12, 2020, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

As a white male if I got stopped by the police I would just think they were doing their job and go on my merry way without making an issue of it but heyho.

Bet you have never been stopped though PP you might feel different if you got stopped on a regular basis.

I am a white male who has been driving for 54 years and only been stopped once in all that time.

I bet most bame  drivers would say a bit different.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
ska face
August 12, 2020, 10:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
You’d think if anyone could empathise with people being on the end of disproportionate policing and discrimination from state institutions, it’d be football fans.

Luckily we only get that treatment a few Saturdays a year. Try being an “away fan” every day of your life.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Sandford1981
August 12, 2020, 10:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
A person identifying as Boris Johnson uses over the top And inflammatory language to slate a black person who had the temerity to object to being racially profiled. Shock Horror!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Boris Johnson
August 13, 2020, 1:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Sandford1981
A person identifying as Boris Johnson uses over the top And inflammatory language to slate a black person who had the temerity to object to being racially profiled. Shock Horror!!

she wasnt racially profiled, thats the whole crux of the debate. Please do better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Sandford1981
August 13, 2020, 3:02am
Fine Wine Drinker

she wasnt racially profiled, thats the whole crux of the debate. Please do better.

When you say ‘do better’ I assume that means I should subscribe to your blinkered view? Perhaps you could assist me with this and elaborate on your statement as requested earlier by stadium. At least then a debate can take place because without context or reasoning it comes across to me like you are trolling.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Boris Johnson
August 13, 2020, 4:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

When you say ‘do better’ I assume that means I should subscribe to your blinkered view? Perhaps you could assist me with this and elaborate on your statement as requested earlier by stadium. At least then a debate can take place because without context or reasoning it comes across to me like you are trolling.

oh for ffs.....

read the news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
monkeyboy
August 13, 2020, 6:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I have been stopped 4 times this year alone, mostly early morning, they let me go each time without a beating as i did nothing wrong.
Not sure they stopped me because of colour as im as white as Casper.

Maybe the lady in question jumps down from her high horse and has to think ok they stopped me, i did nothing wrong and they bode me fairwell. But hey at least they are doing some policing and are being a presence.
Dont they always moan the police dont have a presence then moan when they get stopped for a check?

Cant win. dammed if you don't , racist if you do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
barralad
August 13, 2020, 8:12am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

oh for ffs.....

read the news

I've read the news and in no item I've read does it describe an elected members of parliament as "disgusting filth". Perhaps you could illuminate the debate by explaining how Ms Butler "qualifies" for such a description. When you've done that I'd be interested in the direction of your moral compass over a powerful man who deserted his wife whilst she was fighting cancer and who has fathered several children out of wedlock.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
Sandford1981
August 13, 2020, 11:41am
Fine Wine Drinker

oh for ffs.....

read the news

I have.

I’m just requesting that you elaborate on your original post because I have not read or seen anything that would justify her being labelled ‘disgusting filth’. Sure you may disagree with her perspective but it seems entirely disproportionate and OTT.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
grimsby pete
August 13, 2020, 1:09pm

Exile
Quoted from monkeyboy
I have been stopped 4 times this year alone, mostly early morning, they let me go each time without a beating as i did nothing wrong.
Not sure they stopped me because of colour as im as white as Casper.

Maybe the lady in question jumps down from her high horse and has to think ok they stopped me, i did nothing wrong and they bode me fairwell. But hey at least they are doing some policing and are being a presence.
Dont they always moan the police dont have a presence then moan when they get stopped for a check?

Cant win. dammed if you don't , racist if you do

You should stop going out early morning with a striped jumper on carrying a bag with swag on it and wearing a mask.

Wearing a mask what am I saying ?  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Rick12
August 13, 2020, 1:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Tough one.

Police have a difficult job to do at the best of times.

As for racial profiling I can see both sides.Black people in this country statistically are more likely to go to prison, underachieve in school etc in comparison to other ethnic groups.A lot of this is down to history though.Sunday Times done a piece on it a while back .Hence following the war blacks were invited over from Jamaica to do the rebuilding work following  world war two.Once done they were more or less left to their own devices and this is where problems started to arise .First generation there was little problems but over time many black youth had  no fathers.Many turned to alternate role models eg gangsta rap etc with its images of guns/crime amongst other things .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
ska face
August 13, 2020, 1:33pm

Vodka Drinker
What do you think is more to lead to high crime rates - systemic, forced deprivation of working class communities, or listening to a certain type of music?

Answers on a postcard please, prof. Starkey
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Rick12
August 13, 2020, 4:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
What do you think is more to lead to high crime rates - systemic, forced deprivation of working class communities, or listening to a certain type of music?

Answers on a postcard please, prof. Starkey
Prof Starkey? .You having a laugh.Your just showing yourself up by saying that.I try to come from a position of truth and you come back with that.Thought you was better Ska Face than that.

Face reality and look at all  sides of the divide and not just things from a idealist left wing agenda(they dont have all the answers either do the right). Your living  with your  head in the clouds .This is planet earth with brutal injustices .

Forced deprivation of working class community's  caused problems.Hence in part some black youth turned to gangsta rap as a way of meaning and community .Theres other issues at play at well .Similar to what happens in the United States.Children with no families often turn  to gangs which then induces them to crime as a way of finding love

I suggest you try to being in their shoes as Iam sure you will change your perspective.Likewise Ive known people from similar environments and how tough life can be for them. Eg having no father or mother.Likewise kicked around from pillar to post .Regularly getting beaten up and loosing 2 children via miscarriage as a result of that.Forced prostitution.Turning to gangs is the only community they can find .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Stadium
August 13, 2020, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I have.

I’m just requesting that you elaborate on your original post because I have not read or seen anything that would justify her being labelled ‘disgusting filth’. Sure you may disagree with her perspective but it seems entirely disproportionate and OTT.

It's a mystery isn't it and Mr Johnson doesn't seem to be able to offer any explanation to why the defamatory quote was used.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Boris Johnson
August 14, 2020, 2:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

It's a mystery isn't it and Mr Johnson doesn't seem to be able to offer any explanation to why the defamatory quote was used.

Dawn Butler, or Bullshit as I believe her to be known as, is a piece of excrement.  She filmed that situation for the purpose of exposing what she perceived to be racist filth harrassing a black woman. She then went on Twitter to state that she had been racially profiled, when nothing could have been further from the truth. Firstly she was not the driver of the car, and the car was stopped not her.

The video showed a polite and respectful white Police Officer going about his work in a perfectly reasonable manner, he was not rude or condescending,when in fact it is clear that the only person who has an issue with manners is Bullshit herself.  Dawn Butler has a low opinion of many people, to quote.... “If you don’t hate Brexit… there is something wrong with you”.

In this case she states that there was no other reason for being stopped, other than the colour of her skin. Wrong there was another reason in the fact that the car was stopped by mistake, the registration was entered by mistake, and therefore produced an out of town car.  Whether or not its right to stop cars simply because they are not local to the area is another question, but Butler was not stopped becuase of the colour of her skin.

To then choose to exagerate the situation without having the full facts, to state that the the Police are institutionally racist and that she was the latest victim. She does nothing but create further fear and loathing amongst a community ensconced in that narrative already.  Would Butler have been so rude had that Police Officer been of the same colour skin as her?

Its clear as day that given the opportunity Butler has played the race card, the victim card, and made a mountain out of a mole hill, for the purpose of attention and opportunism.

PS who Mr Johnson has poked is of no interest to me, could not give a flying intercourse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
grimsby pete
August 14, 2020, 3:09pm

Exile
I am no fan of Dawn Butler but there is no need for all this hate Boris .

Behave yourself man.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Rick12
August 14, 2020, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am no fan of Dawn Butler but there is no need for all this hate Boris .

Behave yourself man.
There's one or two who could learn a bit from you Pete on here not just Boris who strikes me as young and naive but who in all probability isnt a bad sort if you met him in real life.

Hence people in this life need kindness to flourish (which you seem to have) not out and out condemnation mockery or sarcasm.

God bless you.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
grimsby pete
August 14, 2020, 5:18pm

Exile
Quoted from Rick12
There's one or two who could learn a bit from you Pete on here not just Boris who strikes me as young and naive but who in all probability isnt a bad sort if you met him in real life.

Hence people in this life need kindness to flourish (which you seem to have) not out and out condemnation mockery or sarcasm.

God bless you.

Thank you Rick you are very kind.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Sandford1981
August 14, 2020, 5:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Dawn Butler, or Bullshit as I believe her to be known as, is a piece of excrement.  She filmed that situation for the purpose of exposing what she perceived to be racist filth harrassing a black woman. She then went on Twitter to state that she had been racially profiled, when nothing could have been further from the truth. Firstly she was not the driver of the car, and the car was stopped not her.

The video showed a polite and respectful white Police Officer going about his work in a perfectly reasonable manner, he was not rude or condescending,when in fact it is clear that the only person who has an issue with manners is Bullshit herself.  Dawn Butler has a low opinion of many people, to quote.... “If you don’t hate Brexit… there is something wrong with you”.

In this case she states that there was no other reason for being stopped, other than the colour of her skin. Wrong there was another reason in the fact that the car was stopped by mistake, the registration was entered by mistake, and therefore produced an out of town car.  Whether or not its right to stop cars simply because they are not local to the area is another question, but Butler was not stopped becuase of the colour of her skin.

To then choose to exagerate the situation without having the full facts, to state that the the Police are institutionally racist and that she was the latest victim. She does nothing but create further fear and loathing amongst a community ensconced in that narrative already.  Would Butler have been so rude had that Police Officer been of the same colour skin as her?

Its clear as day that given the opportunity Butler has played the race card, the victim card, and made a mountain out of a mole hill, for the purpose of attention and opportunism.

PS who Mr Johnson has poked is of no interest to me, could not give a flying intercourse.

By that logic I would imagine Dawn Butler would think I have something wrong with me, which is fine, that’s her opinion and she’s entitled to it, as we are entitled to ours.

That said, even if I completely agreed with ur above points (I don’t), I’m still not sure it warrants the label you gave her which I still think is disproportionate to her ‘crime’ Can we not be totally opposed to something or someone’s perspective without reverting to vitriol and name calling?

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
Stadium
August 14, 2020, 8:24pm
Champagne Drinker

Thank you for the explanation.
Very interesting insight to a persons thinking & interpretation of an incident.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
ska face
August 15, 2020, 10:16am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Prof Starkey? .You having a laugh.Your just showing yourself up by saying that.I try to come from a position of truth and you come back with that.Thought you was better Ska Face than that.

Face reality and look at all  sides of the divide and not just things from a idealist left wing agenda(they dont have all the answers either do the right). Your living  with your  head in the clouds .This is planet earth with brutal injustices .

Forced deprivation of working class community's  caused problems.Hence in part some black youth turned to gangsta rap as a way of meaning and community .Theres other issues at play at well .Similar to what happens in the United States.Children with no families often turn  to gangs which then induces them to crime as a way of finding love

I suggest you try to being in their shoes as Iam sure you will change your perspective.Likewise Ive known people from similar environments and how tough life can be for them. Eg having no father or mother.Likewise kicked around from pillar to post .Regularly getting beaten up and loosing 2 children via miscarriage as a result of that.Forced prostitution.Turning to gangs is the only community they can find .

You’re conflating “gangsta rap” with being in a criminal gang. Not the same thing. Nor is it an issue that only affects black communities. Look at Scotland, particularly parts of Glasgow, where gangs are part of youth culture for some, and where knife crime, murder & drug dealing are usually higher than in London. Liverpool & Manchester see similar issue but on a smaller scale.

Thing is, it’s not treated as a “race” issue elsewhere in the way it is in England. You can blame whatever you like, but the determinant linking it all is invariably high deprivation and limited life chances.

This is a decent read -
https://theconversation.com/kn.....t-real-choice-113681

As is Akala’s book “Natives”.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Rick12
August 15, 2020, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

You’re conflating “gangsta rap” with being in a criminal gang. Not the same thing. Nor is it an issue that only affects black communities. Look at Scotland, particularly parts of Glasgow, where gangs are part of youth culture for some, and where knife crime, murder & drug dealing are usually higher than in London. Liverpool & Manchester see similar issue but on a smaller scale.

Thing is, it’s not treated as a “race” issue elsewhere in the way it is in England. You can blame whatever you like, but the determinant linking it all is invariably high deprivation and limited life chances.

This is a decent read -
https://theconversation.com/kn.....t-real-choice-113681

As is Akala’s book “Natives”.
I agree with that and thanks for the link.

Yes gangsta rap is not just linked to crime or black community's  but a reflection of the way history has shaped people unfairly and in turn how people have adapted to that. Tupacs song for one "Changes" is a moving testimony to that.

Your right in that high deprivation and limited chances causes a lot of injustices in today's world but this is no doubt shaped by humanity's past.Its been one of greed and power dominance since humanity first evolved as your probably aware.

I feel for a lot of kids out there black/white/brown etc.Hence imagine you've grown up with no father or mother.The only family you have is a distant uncle .Around you there is street crime and drugs and violence.Chances are you are going to get sucked into this unless you have a strong mindset or a strong passion for something or there is some strong community focus which can keep you on the straight and narrow eg sports/church etc .This is the reality for many impoverished youngsters in the world today as you have loosely pointed out above.

Interestingly though having studied this a fair bit during my studies where there is community and love and little in the way of negative attributes people thrive and there is hardly any crime.Notable examples include the Maldives where there is a limited police force as a result,the Kibbutz in Israel and the Eskimo tribes to name but a few.

I think Mother Theresa put it best when she said a lot of the worlds problems are caused by lack of love.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
aldi_01
August 15, 2020, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Regardless of profiling or whatever, why is nobody questioning the fact the police just seemingly stopped a car for no apparent reason other than they can’t type a registration number in to a computer...and then when it produced a car that was from out of town they stopped it?

I mean what even is that. Are people happy that the police just seemingly stop cars for no real reason?

Just a thought.

I mean Boris lad, you’re really losing it over something that’s not important, although I guess if you didn’t focus on this you’d have to focus on your growing incompetence...how’s tennis at the queens house by the way?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Sandford1981
August 15, 2020, 10:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
“As is Akala’s book “Natives”.

I read this recently and thought it was an absolutely brilliant read. A real eye opener.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Boris Johnson
August 17, 2020, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
I see Victim Butler is playing the victim again....really couldnt make this excrement up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
codcheeky
August 17, 2020, 3:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
I see Victim Butler is playing the victim again....really couldnt make this excrement up.

Try to stop embarrassing yourself, that the moderators have not altered the thread title is very disappointing, I do not want to be seen as part of a racist club as many on here seem to think is something clever, your racist hatred does you no favours
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
Stadium
August 17, 2020, 6:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Try to stop embarrassing yourself, that the moderators have not altered the thread title is very disappointing, I do not want to be seen as part of a racist club as many on here seem to think is something clever, your racist hatred does you no favours

Quite embarrassing that the mods haven't abided by their own rules.
Anyone reading the threads could be offended by such a description.
I've enjoyed reading the thread and the information posted apart from BJ's quite ridiculous opening and subsequent remarks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
GrimRob
August 17, 2020, 10:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
There is a "report" button at the top of every post. It would help if you could draw our attention to such things. I have changed the title now.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 35
Stadium
August 19, 2020, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Thank you for your work Rob.
The vast majority of posters abide by the rules that are set.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
Welwynmariner
August 23, 2020, 8:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete

Bet you have never been stopped though PP you might feel different if you got stopped on a regular basis.

I am a white male who has been driving for 54 years and only been stopped once in all that time.

I bet most bame  drivers would say a bit different.

I once got stopped six times on the same stretch of road one evening and was asked the reg number of the car I was driving. On the sixth occasion I was pretty fed up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
grimsby pete
August 23, 2020, 10:57am

Exile
Quoted from Welwynmariner

I once got stopped six times on the same stretch of road one evening and was asked the reg number of the car I was driving. On the sixth occasion I was pretty fed up.

That's sounds a bit over the top was there an escaped murderer on the loose ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Boris Johnson
September 3, 2020, 7:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Quite embarrassing that the mods haven't abided by their own rules.
Anyone reading the threads could be offended by such a description.
I've enjoyed reading the thread and the information posted apart from BJ's quite ridiculous opening and subsequent remarks.

ooh get you Jeremy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Stadium
September 3, 2020, 9:21pm
Champagne Drinker

ooh get you Jeremy

Or maybe get some perspective BJ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dawn Butler Labour MP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.