6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
June 26, 2020, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I don't we're a massively racist country either and I don't think British history is solely one of oppression and empirical evil either and that historical context is important.Yet I don't think it's really for me as a white person to say 'we're only a bit racist so I don't really see the problem'. As Codcheeky says there are myriad studies showing institutional racism exists in the UK. If you think it isn't back that up with some evidence otherwise I think his opinion is more valid than yours. You're entitled to hold it and we're entitled to think it's balderdash and say so.

It was obviously a hard situation for the government but I don't accept for a second they couldn't have done and couldn't be doing considerably better. I actually started from a position of 'cut them some slack in an appalling situation' but I can't see how anybody can look at it objectively and not see a catalogue of intercourse ups. Johnson still seems to think it's all a bit of a laugh to me. Seaside towns just need to show some guts don't they?

For what it's worth I suspect Corbyn would have been a disaster as well but more through dithering than the lazy, stupid, entitled, witless approach we have had from that buffoon and his gang of inept cheerleaders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
Stadium
June 26, 2020, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

OuchπŸ˜„

All things are relative so my views on Fenty are on a quite different plane to government actions and racism.

There are some countries in the world who are shockingly racist but I don't believe the UK is. Nobody denies there are racist incidents as there are all over the world, but as I have said before we have stringent racist laws and BAME people hold some of the most important positions in society which seems at odds to people screaming racist all the time.

We are one of the most diverse countries in the world so all I am asking for is a bit of balance in debates.

As regards my support for Boris and co. I am one of those majority of voters who voted for them and am not going to criticise them too much as I appreciate they have an almost impossible situation which would have tested any government of any colour.

https://is.gd/gCJX44

Another little snippet to digest:

https://www.thelondoneconomic......nd-care-staff/25/06/

Hunt wrote an article to promote testing the same day:

"Some 331 Conservative MPs opposed a motion that would have led to weekly testing of NHS workers and care staff last night.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer, alongside Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, Jon Ashworth and Liz Kendall brought a motion to Parliament calling on greater protective measures to be rolled out in the health system.

But it was voted down by more than 300 MPs, including Jeremy Hunt who had called for a weekly testing himself on the same day."

β€œThere's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
June 26, 2020, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't we're a massively racist country either and I don't think British history is solely one of oppression and empirical evil either and that historical context is important.Yet I don't think it's really for me as a white person to say 'we're only a bit racist so I don't really see the problem'. As Codcheeky says there are myriad studies showing institutional racism exists in the UK. If you think it isn't back that up with some evidence otherwise I think his opinion is more valid than yours. You're entitled to hold it and we're entitled to think it's balderdash and say so.

It was obviously a hard situation for the government but I don't accept for a second they couldn't have done and couldn't be doing considerably better. I actually started from a position of 'cut them some slack in an appalling situation' but I can't see how anybody can look at it objectively and not see a catalogue of intercourse ups. Johnson still seems to think it's all a bit of a laugh to me. Seaside towns just need to show some guts don't they?

For what it's worth I suspect Corbyn would have been a disaster as well but more through dithering than the lazy, stupid, entitled, witless approach we have had from that buffoon and his gang of inept cheerleaders.

The debate isnt balanced though is it? Reading some posters you would think the UK is a vipers nest of detestable racism in all its forms which is clearly untrue.

Institutional racism is a difficult one. The UK is not like Life on Mars as depicted in 1973 anymore. Since the Stephen Lawrence case what 20 years ago the UK has made massive strides. Every Human resources department is falling over itself with stringent anti racist laws that must be followed or very heavy penalties will apply. You may think there is some way to go.

I have a more lasse' fair approach to the government's actions over coronavirus because I think it is up to the individual to decide what is best in their particular circumstances.  I speak as one in the medically vulnerable group and will do what I consider sensible for me and those around me without waiting for government diktat.

The differences between posters is part of the human condition and although we all get ariated at times that is the way it should be.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
codcheeky
June 27, 2020, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

OuchπŸ˜„

All things are relative so my views on Fenty are on a quite different plane to government actions and racism.

There are some countries in the world who are shockingly racist but I don't believe the UK is. Nobody denies there are racist incidents as there are all over the world, but as I have said before we have stringent racist laws and BAME people hold some of the most important positions in society which seems at odds to people screaming racist all the time.

We are one of the most diverse countries in the world so all I am asking for is a bit of balance in debates.

As regards my support for Boris and co. I am one of those majority of voters who voted for them and am not going to criticise them too much as I appreciate they have an almost impossible situation which would have tested any government of any colour.

The majority of voters did not vote for Boris and co. however under our system he is PM with a large majority. The majority voted for centre or centre left parties, you should not be surprised so many flag up his complete failure to get a grip on this crisis.  To put it perspective if the totally inept and chaotic Trump administration had performed as badly as the U.K. per population size they would have 250,000 deaths.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
June 27, 2020, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from codcheeky

The majority of voters did not vote for Boris and co. however under our system he is PM with a large majority. The majority voted for centre or centre left parties, you should not be surprised so many flag up his complete failure to get a grip on this crisis.  To put it perspective if the totally inept and chaotic Trump administration had performed as badly as the U.K. per population size they would have 250,000 deaths.

Ah that old chestnut that if they changed the rules we might have won.

It's no good the left piling up votes in Islington and expecting to win.

You ought to concentrate on the majority of of the country that doesn't want anything to to with the marxist claptrap. To lose Great Grimsby is the ultimate humiliation.

Of course people will criticise the government as it comes with the territory.  Sadly for you the left wont be experiencing that for some considerable time.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Twit of the Week πŸŽ–

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.