Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 75 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,824 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 7, 2018, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from golfer
Why don't we all forget the new stadium for a while. Rumours rumours and more rumours-and that's all they are. Loads of armchair architects and accountants making out they know what's going on when there's NOTHING going on. If there is any news we will be told when the time is right. At present it's all FAKE news.It's like this government should have been doing-don't give out information until it is fact.

I don't think anyone's pretending they know what's going on, it's the exact opposite from what I'm reading.  We're crying out to be told what is/isn't happening.

Rumours they may be but the club are the only ones who are capable of shutting the mill down with the hard truth.

In my opinion, the more we stay quiet the more licence the club has to continue to keep us in the dark.  The current mob at the top table are just custodians of the club. It's not their club, it's our club.  They have no justification in keeping the lifeblood of the club in the dark like this.
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 789
moosey_club
September 7, 2018, 3:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from golfer
Why don't we all forget the new stadium for a while. Rumours rumours and more rumours-and that's all they are. Loads of armchair architects and accountants making out they know what's going on when there's NOTHING going on. If there is any news we will be told when the time is right. At present it's all FAKE news.It's like this government should have been doing-don't give out information until it is fact.

Up until Cllr Wheatley opened his mouth it was just fake news/ rumours etc.....however now he has slipped that out of the bag its a little more than that now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 789
Grim up north
September 7, 2018, 6:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
A big problem you have before anything gets off the ground or a penny is found is the apathy of residents to anything at all getting built or moving the Town forward. People don't like change and a good percentage of residents are happy with their lot, look at  the grief when the Auditorium plans came out and the same negative press for the money to develop Cleethorpes ....money from central government that will be spent elsewhere if we don't use it ,hopefully wisely unlike the monstrosity that is Freeman st paving and street lights.
I don't mind where the ground ends up as long as it's easy access to everyone, with facilities for all in a location that's pleasing on the eye and safe to leave your car without damage which is why I wouldn't be keen on Freemo even if we had Abramovich's millions behind us to turn it into something half decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
September 7, 2018, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,805
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Grim up north
A big problem you have before anything gets off the ground or a penny is found is the apathy of residents to anything at all getting built or moving the Town forward. People don't like change and a good percentage of residents are happy with their lot, look at  the grief when the Auditorium plans came out and the same negative press for the money to develop Cleethorpes ....money from central government that will be spent elsewhere if we don't use it ,hopefully wisely unlike the monstrosity that is Freeman st paving and street lights.
I don't mind where the ground ends up as long as it's easy access to everyone, with facilities for all in a location that's pleasing on the eye and safe to leave your car without damage which is why I wouldn't be keen on Freemo even if we had Abramovich's millions behind us to turn it into something half decent.

An interesting post which highlights the need for leadership of the project; we need an enthusiastic council who see the benefit of the facilities for the town. Leadership involves rising above the apathy (mainly caused by so many false dawns in the past) and showing what could be done. In a perfect world Freemo would be transformed into an area that is totally different to today - this has been done in many towns and cities throughout the land.

I grew up in the East marsh - the slums in John Street, a terraced house in Church Street and a council flat in Bath Street so I know the area well and know it is not the most salubrious part of the town and your worry about parking, but this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to change things for the better and remove a blight on the town.

Having said that, I have no faith at all that any vision will be shown - either by the council or the club so as you were!

Having read the earlier posts, I am not surprised Fenty doesn't seem keen. Its not his idea, and a community stadium for the benefit of us all perhaps doesn't bring the riches he was hoping for.    
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 789
KingstonMariner
September 7, 2018, 9:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Heard the interviews with the counciller and Lowther on the way home this evening.  Bloody brilliant was my reaction. Fenty must either get on board with the idea or stand aside.

I asked on here years ago what the cost (capital and on going) of the new stadium was, and what BP currently costs to maintain and what the future revenue projections were for the new stadium. And what therefore is the funding gap to be covered by developers, and told to shut up in not so many words by the pro PP lobby. "It's too early for that*" they all said  (Fenty and other posters). And here we are now with no progress on PP. * what that really meant was "WE HAVEN'T A FUCKINGCLUE'.

So now the lead council member for regeneration is basically saying, let us know what you think. What is the demand for the stadium being on the East Marsh.

Time to get lobbying folks!!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 789
promotion plaice
September 7, 2018, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Heard the interviews with the counciller and Lowther on the way home this evening.  Bloody brilliant was my reaction. Fenty must either get on board with the idea or stand aside.

I asked on here years ago what the cost (capital and on going) of the new stadium was, and what BP currently costs to maintain and what the future revenue projections were for the new stadium. And what therefore is the funding gap to be covered by developers, and told to shut up in not so many words by the pro PP lobby. "It's too early for that*" they all said  (Fenty and other posters). And here we are now with no progress on PP. * what that really meant was "WE HAVEN'T A FUCKINGCLUE'.

So now the lead council member for regeneration is basically saying, let us know what you think. What is the demand for the stadium being on the East Marsh.

Time to get lobbying folks
!!

How about a poll on here to show the council what we think ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 789
Father Christmas
September 7, 2018, 9:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Quoted from Father Christmas
flipping music degree 🔫

We need tradesmen.

No more art, music, psychology or drama. Make Britain great again.

Which choir boy red crossed this? I hope you’re ashamed you filthy cross dressers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 789
KingstonMariner
September 7, 2018, 9:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

How about a poll on here to show the council what we think ?

It'd be much more effective to write directly to your ward councillors, the portfolio holder for regeneration who was on today and maybe your MP (for any help needed from central government).

When I did a NIMBY thing years ago, I was advised that petitions were not much use, but individual letters* showed a greater strength of feeling because they took more effort. You were much likely to remember the issue and vote accordingly if you could be bothered to write a letter (bearing in mind this was pre-internet). Even more effort was involved if you hand delivered them and therefore had even more impact.

* not templates with just the names added

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 789
grimsby pete
September 7, 2018, 9:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222
Lets be honest if the club really wanted a new stadium,

We would have had it by now.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 789
golfer
September 7, 2018, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Kingston -I don't think it's anything to do with NIMBY-more like they can't find anybody prepared to cough up the money for various reasons-one being the uncertainty of being able to find a market for the proposed "houses" needed to fund the project when the council has allowed houses to be built everywhere, without a thought for the stadium, in the recent years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.