Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 81 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,823 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
August 30, 2018, 2:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The MT have been asked to seek any new information regarding PP and they were awaiting feedback Pete.A nothing answer but the truth in so much I asked the same question and received that answer a few weeks back.

Thank you Micky but that is the answer I thought woulf come back,

My point is as a representative of the trust surely they could ask the man what is holding up the process,

The answer could be the council, extreme, funding, the club itself or something completely different,

Saying nothing shows the fans do not count for much so why should they be involved.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 789
lee65
August 30, 2018, 2:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,487
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from rancido

Maybe it's your personal opinion about Nandos but the fact remains that they are a successful widespread food chain and they appeal to a growing section of the public. I, personally, don't like McDonalds but I can see their appeal and I would imagine the one near BP has bumper days when town are at home. Outside MK Dons stadium there was a whole row of fast food outlets and all must be doing ok otherwise they wouldn't be there. Obviously there are other attractions in the immediate vicinity but that is a major point when it comes down to a football ground location.

I thought the choices outside Stadium MK were excellent. If there hadn’t been a few it would’ve been impossible to get served in a reasonable time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 789
mimma
August 30, 2018, 2:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,608
Gold Stars: 78
A new stadium would attract fast food outlets simply because of the footfall on match days. The chippies around Blundell Park do very well on match days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 789
MuddyWaters
August 30, 2018, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an update.

If the answer is ' We are still working very hard to make progress and will let you know as soon as anything happens' then it should be accepted as such. What worries me is that no progress is being made.
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 789
crusty ole pie
August 30, 2018, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,394
Gold Stars: 66
25 pages on a rumour is this a record ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 789
Dan
August 30, 2018, 5:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
[url=https://www.extremesportscompany.com/destinations]List of projects on the extreme website:[/url]

• Extreme Destination Sheffield - AKA Sheffield Ski Village - Burnt down in 2012. Last on fire June 2018. Also in June 2018 Extreme revealed plans for 22.5 million development. No evidence of change on site apart from travellers moving in.
  • QIDDIYA, RIYADH - Place hasn't been built but had a fancy oil money launch party. According to Extremes website Alistair Gosling - founder of extreme - is an acting board advisor and supporting partner - which doesn't sound like the extreme company are actually involved at all.
  • SVANETI MOUNTAIN RESORT - Not built. No evidence of any plans. Not sure it exists.
  • GLANUSK ESTATE- Country estate that existed long before any extreme involvement (if extreme actually are involved, as there's no reference to them). Even if they are, no evidence from this project that they are able to develop anything.
  • GRIMSBY STADIUM - No evidence of funding in place. No evidence of land acquired. Plans for new stadium that extreme distributed [url=https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/mayor-gives-backing-new-torquay-1831576]recently popped up with a torquay united badge stuck on them[/url].
  • Circuit of Wales - [url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-44197819]Project collapsed amidst claims of financial impropriety and misuse of public funds[/url]

I think we'll be waiting a while.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 789
lew chaterleys lover
August 30, 2018, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,805
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Dan
[url=https://www.extremesportscompany.com/destinations]List of projects on the extreme website:[/url]

• Extreme Destination Sheffield - AKA Sheffield Ski Village - Burnt down in 2012. Last on fire June 2018. Also in June 2018 Extreme revealed plans for 22.5 million development. No evidence of change on site apart from travellers moving in.
  • QIDDIYA, RIYADH - Place hasn't been built but had a fancy oil money launch party. According to Extremes website Alistair Gosling - founder of extreme - is an acting board advisor and supporting partner - which to me looks like the Extreme companies involvement in the project is questionable if not non existent and this is a side hussle.
  • SVANETI MOUNTAIN RESORT - Not built. No evidence of any plans.
  • GLANUSK ESTATE- Country estate that existed long before any extreme involvement (if extreme actually are involved, as there's no reference to them). Even if they are, no evidence from this project that they are able to develop anything.
  • GRIMSBY STADIUM - No evidence of funding in place. No evidence of land acquired. Plans for new stadium that extreme distributed [url=https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/mayor-gives-backing-new-torquay-1831576]recently popped up with a torquay united badge stuck on them[/url].
  • Circuit of Wales - [url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-44197819]Project collapsed amidst claims of financial impropriety and misuse of public funds[/url]

I think we'll be waiting a while.

What a list of achievements that is. Only one man could have possibly thought " I reckon this is the blue chip company that will provide Grimsby's biggest infrastructure project in a generation..."
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 789
grimsby pete
August 30, 2018, 5:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222

What a list of achievements that is. Only one man could have possibly thought " I reckon this is the blue chip company that will provide Grimsby's biggest infrastructure project in a generation..."

Its no wonder he has gone quiet,

I wonder if he will ever say " I have made a mistake "

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 789
Bigdog
August 30, 2018, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Taken from Extreme's own website..

EXTREME are experts at creating sustainable sports, leisure and entertainment destinations. As world leaders in our field and recognised for our creative vision and entrepreneurial flair we design, develop and operate large scale outdoor and indoor projects.

Underpinned and marketed by our world-famous brand, EXTREME’s offer encompasses a variety of action and adventure experiences that appeal to people of all ages and abilities. Driven by the growth in extreme and adventure sports and the rapid change in consumer demand for more inspiring and experiential based activities EXTREME not only showcases the best of what the sports have to offer but also inspire progression through placemaking.

Breathing life into under-utilized locations, EXTREME delivers valuable inward investment, job creation and leisure experience offers which significantly enhance the community they are in and help drive engagement and footfall for tourism resorts, mixed use developments and urban regeneration projects.

EXTREME works to unlock the full potential of each opportunity, maximise value for all stake holders and with considerable experience in public private partnerships often introduce capital where required.  Services EXTREME delivers include strategy support, feasibility studies, master planning, business planning, design, financial structuring, operational management and marketing.

EXTREME’s unique branded offer engages with and supports key government agendas including sport, health, wellbeing education and tourism. Run by a deeply experienced sports and leisure destinations development team our project pipe line is valued at over £950million and includes a significant residential portfolio alongside our core sports and leisure assets.

A load of old overstated airy fairy bullshitt without any evidence of results. The highlighted £950million will obviously include the widely reported but unsubstantiated £250million at Peaks Parkway.

Whoever got this lot in to make a new football stadium happen should hang his head in shame.. A desperate move if I ever saw one.. Seventeen years (not two, three, five or ten, SEVENTEEN) to deliver his only one key objective required and he comes up with Extreme Leisure.. FFS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 789
MarinerBen
August 30, 2018, 6:01pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
It's just a company that requires the use of other people's money to make money for themselves. Waste of time in my opinion.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 249 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.