Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2017 Accounts (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 64 Guests

2017 Accounts (merged)

This thread currently has 10,656 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
November 3, 2017, 4:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
There is NO such thing as a benign loan, this is something JF has made up.  GTFC owe JF 2 million, interest free, with no agreed repayment plan.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 127
monkeyboy
November 3, 2017, 4:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
So like a malignant tumour the benign ones still need cutting out for the vessel to be classed as healthy!

So GTFC looks like a diseased body at the moment that requires a removal of a benign tumour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 127
headingly_mariner
November 3, 2017, 4:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,384
Gold Stars: 120
Wish I could claim all the season ticket money I've put in back.
It's ludicrous that those loans exist and are being paid back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 127
KingstonMariner
November 3, 2017, 5:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
CA Diary makes a good point about the Trust's donations over the years.So the Trust has made donations to the club > £250k. Mike Parker made the trust a donation to the Trust of £500k (worth of shares). And the Trust donated £200k of shares to John Fenty. John Fenty loaned the club money.

Anyone notice the odd one out?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 127
monkeyboy
November 3, 2017, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I bet mr Parker is not amused.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 127
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2017, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner
CA Diary makes a good point about the Trust's donations over the years.So the Trust has made donations to the club > £250k. Mike Parker made the trust a donation to the Trust of £500k (worth of shares). And the Trust donated £200k of shares to John Fenty. John Fenty loaned the club money.

Well we can moan about it all we like - and we have - it states on the club's accounts that the club is controlled by JS Fenty. Until such time as some rich benefactor is prepared to pay off the loans created by poor decisions & mismanagement then we might as well stop wasting our breath because nothing changes.

It's all well & good saying that prudent financial management has created the profit. More prudent football management might have stopped us getting to this situation in the first place.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 127
fleabag1970
November 3, 2017, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I will not step foot in BP untill JF is no longer part of the club ...... it's made me feel loads better ... you moaning lot should try it

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 127
Bigdog
November 3, 2017, 6:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’m prepared to take the initial money JF put in as a good and generous thing to do. It was a major chunk as a percentage of his wealth. It plugged a gaping hole in the club’s finances and was most welcome. After three relegations and six years in non-league it does beg the question whether it was actually worth it. Would we have fallen so far if we had fallen into administration? Who knows? Did JF plug a gap before a bigger and better option came along? Again, who knows?

His tenure has not been a qualified success, that’s a fact. From where we were, it could even be termed as disastrous. He’s not a slick operator, he’s not a PR man, he’s not a great motivator, from evidence he’s doesn’t seem have a great understanding of the game, he’s a bit stuck in the dark ages and hasn’t got a great rapport with the fans  but he’s bloody good at balancing the books especially with Stephen Marley on board.

Has he made the most of the club over the years or just been a reliable steward of finances? Is he what we need right now? Maybe for running a tight ship but there are so many areas where the club is deficient and could be made a whole lot better with a pooling of greater minds than JF. He is not a jack of all trades, he seems to be the master of one.

So where are we today? We are definitely under invested. We are definitely less investable as the balance sheet stands with those loans. We can’t PR ourselves out of a plastic bag. The silence is deafening. Fans have seemed to become a hindrance rather than loyal customers that should be cherished. There is definitely disconnect, apathy and a massive chasm of mistrust circling around.

After fifteen years is it morally wrong to still have a stranglehold on the club for £2m that needs to be paid back? This equates to loaning the club £420 per day. If someone came along to JF and said “Right JF, I’m going to loan the club £420 every day for fifteen years and I’m going to take over for that length of time.” He’d get laughed out the boardroom with JF saying “What difference is £420 a day going to make to a Football League club?”

For loaning £2m, JF has had more than enough time of having the glory of calling all the shots. We need more money involved, we need more ability involved and we need the sterility to change. The question of the loan by JF is becoming more a question of morality year by year. It is time for him to step up and prove that he not using it as a weapon to remain in power and convert it into shares as well as giving the £200k shares back to the Trust. If he loves the club more than he loves running the club he should do it in a heartbeat and go out and attract investors who will add value to the board and share the responsibility. Surely after all this time he is not too blind to see his own shortcomings that we as paying fans all have to suffer at times.

Kingston makes a good point and it’s a question of morality that JF needs to answer sooner or later..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 127
Vance Warner
November 3, 2017, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,814
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from Bigdog

I’m prepared to take the initial money JF put in as a good and generous thing to do. It was a major chunk as a percentage of his wealth. It plugged a gaping hole in the club’s finances and was most welcome. After three relegations and six years in non-league it does beg the question whether it was actually worth it. Would we have fallen so far if we had fallen into administration? Who knows? Did JF plug a gap before a bigger and better option came along? Again, who knows?

His tenure has not been a qualified success, that’s a fact. From where we were, it could even be termed as disastrous. He’s not a slick operator, he’s not a PR man, he’s not a great motivator, from evidence he’s doesn’t seem have a great understanding of the game, he’s a bit stuck in the dark ages and hasn’t got a great rapport with the fans  but he’s bloody good at balancing the books especially with Stephen Marley on board.

Has he made the most of the club over the years or just been a reliable steward of finances? Is he what we need right now? Maybe for running a tight ship but there are so many areas where the club is deficient and could be made a whole lot better with a pooling of greater minds than JF. He is not a jack of all trades, he seems to be the master of one.

So where are we today? We are definitely under invested. We are definitely less investable as the balance sheet stands with those loans. We can’t PR ourselves out of a plastic bag. The silence is deafening. Fans have seemed to become a hindrance rather than loyal customers that should be cherished. There is definitely disconnect, apathy and a massive chasm of mistrust circling around.

After fifteen years is it morally wrong to still have a stranglehold on the club for £2m that needs to be paid back? This equates to loaning the club £420 per day. If someone came along to JF and said “Right JF, I’m going to loan the club £420 every day for fifteen years and I’m going to take over for that length of time.” He’d get laughed out the boardroom with JF saying “What difference is £420 a day going to make to a Football League club?”

For £2m, JF has had more than enough time of having the glory of calling all the shots. We need more money involved, we need more ability involved and we need the sterility to change. The question of the loan by JF is becoming more a question of morality year by year. It is time for him to step up and prove that he not using it as a weapon to remain in power and convert it into shares. If he loves the club more than he loves running the club he should do it in a heartbeat and go out and attract investors who will add value to the board and share the responsibility. Surely after all this time he is not too blind to see his own shortcomings that we as paying fans all have to suffer.

Kingston makes a good point and it’s a question of morality that JF needs to answer sooner or later..

Excellent post. Anyone doubting JF's business acumen only needs to look at the position he's engineered for himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 127
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2017, 7:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Vance Warner

Excellent post. Anyone doubting JF's business acumen only needs to look at the position he's engineered for himself.

No-one (to my knowledge) has ever doubted his ability to run a business, I don't think anyone has ever doubted his standing as a fan of Grimsby Town Football Club. What he has never proved is his ability to run a football club and seems destined to continue to do so in the absence of a viable alternative - a position he has engineered himself.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2017 Accounts (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.