7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 4, 2017, 8:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
I'm enjoying it for a change, which doesn't often happen with England games. England's ineptitude and constantly losing possession is actually making it a better game. I am however appalled that we have no-one better than Jordan Henderson for centre mid. The amount of time he loses the ball is laughable. He wouldn't get in most good footballing nations third team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
IlkleyMariner
September 4, 2017, 8:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Don't just pick on Henderson. The same comment would apply to most of these Premier League prima-donnas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
promotion plaice
September 4, 2017, 8:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Good save from Hart.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
supertown
September 4, 2017, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
If you are not enjoying this game then you do not like football .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
chaos33
September 4, 2017, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I find I no longer really care about England's performances and results and I just watch them with no emotion. As a younger man I would be as badly affected by their disappointments as I was by Town misfortune. Only really bothered by Town now, whereas I felt it was like supporting 'two Grimsbys' in my teens, 20's and early 30's.
I find the punditry that surrounds their matches to be nauseating and the ludicrous amounts to money paid to these overexposed bunch of average footballers to be farcical.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
Gaffer58
September 4, 2017, 9:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Completely agree with Chaos33, don't know if that's because as you get older you get either wiser or senile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
promotion plaice
September 4, 2017, 9:19pm

Quoted from chaos33
I find I no longer really care about England's performances and results and I just watch them with no emotion. As a younger man I would be as badly affected by their disappointments as I was by Town misfortune. Only really bothered by Town now, whereas I felt it was like supporting 'two Grimsbys' in my 20's and early 30's.
I find the punditry that surrounds their matches to be nauseating and the ludicrous amounts to money paid to these overexposed bunch of average footballers to be farcical.

Still is for me   and I'm in my 50's, especially in major tournaments.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
hheh2
September 4, 2017, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Sterling on, didn't know they allowed players from the England women's team.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
Mariner_09
September 4, 2017, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
It's ridiculous that because transfer fees are so high in the Premier League that the people who only watch that rubbish believe that it represents the quality of the players in it. Everyone is blind to the fact that we are hubristic about our top league and that Barca, Bayern, Real, Athletico, PSG, Monaco, Dortmund, Juve etc are far superior to any of our teams at all aspects of the game. Nothing to do with a lack of a winter break or the intensity of the Premier League but that those clubs always have a core of players who have developed through their own youth system or have at very least 2/3rds of their team are from the nation of the club itself. Players play more and develop faster rather than all our clubs paying extortionate amounts of money for some bloke you've never heard of and just because he cost £30m means we assume he's unbelievably good because of the cost.

Rant over

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
promotion plaice
September 4, 2017, 9:38pm

FT  England  2-1  Slovakia

Good performance after a shaky start.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.