7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
August 10, 2017, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
I'm taking the missus to her first game for this one. Seized the opportunity of her living in London with a romantic Saturday in Stevenage.

She'll be made fully aware throughout the game that I'd trade her for Dembele signing a 5 year deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Grimal
August 10, 2017, 12:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Kristine
Car full heading down

You'll be there with plenty of time to spare then  .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Madeleymariner
August 10, 2017, 1:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
I'm gutted, I have to be at Younger Son Ofs wedding all afternoon near Hitchen, knowing I'm only 20 mins or so away from the game and not able to attend. I have looked at all the timings and no way can I slip away for over 2 hours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2017, 1:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Bit of a shithole I thought, even Hitler couldn't be arsed with the place.
Way off the Luftwaffe flight path but easily accessible by train.
I'll be hunting out some better boozers this time though.

Considering most of it was built AFTER the war that's not surprising. But don't let the facts get in the way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2017, 1:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm taking the soon to be ex-missus to her first game for this one. Seized the opportunity of her living in London with a romantic Saturday in Stevenage.

She'll be made fully aware throughout the game that I'd trade her for Dembele signing a 5 year deal.

Corrected that for you  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
northbankmariner
August 10, 2017, 1:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I went there last year, if you get there early enough there is a free car park just accross the road from the ground(it was free last year anyway).
Just a short walk down the main road was a decent enough pub, name escapes me but was full of town fans, I had to laugh as I was talking to a small group of Stevenage fans who were decent and polite, they actually asked if the town fans would leave them one small corner of the pub for the home fans, the support really was good that day. Another point to note is there are only a couple of turn styles for away fans and they search all away fans so don't turn up five minutes before kick off as the queues will leave you missing the start. And to anyone going, good luck as it cannot be a as bad a Grimsby performance as last year, we had a shocker down there.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
Kristine
August 10, 2017, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
*4 turnstiles - emailed their SO and their DFO about this. Waiting to hear back....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
golfer
August 10, 2017, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I'm gutted, I have to be at Younger Son Ofs wedding all afternoon near Hitchen, knowing I'm only 20 mins or so away from the game and not able to attend. I have looked at all the timings and no way can I slip away for over 2 hours.

If you are a young,muscle bound 6ft 3ins 30 year old Sean Connery lookalike I could stand in for you-if not I'm afraid you've missed the Town match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2017, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
It's a 15 min walk so me plus 3, the free car park across the road is still free but a bar steward to get out of. If you walk out of the car park cross the road there is a pub to the left the Our Mutual Friend, reasonable beer away friendly landlord. Go to the right of the ground past Dunhelm Mill there is 2 pubs 1 Toby (avoid) and another one The Roebuck a hundred yards down the rosd.

Old Town is ok but the pubs start getting sniffy towards letting in away fans from time to time. If your arriving by train early and want a breakfast there is 2 cracking cafe's in the town centre just over the road from the station.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
newarkmariner
August 10, 2017, 8:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
me + 3 going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevenage AWAY

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.