Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do you think ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 360 Guests

What do you think ?

This thread currently has 5,365 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
July 3, 2017, 1:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
The best I saw Palmer and LJL play together was in the second play-off leg at home to Eastleigh. As a strike pair they were (physically) unplayable that day.

I think Palmer has that physicality in his locker, but he always looked like someone playing at 70% of his true ability, like he had more to give, or was conserving energy for something else.

I'm not worried about facing him though. I reckon our experience at centre half will be good enough to keep him quiet.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
moosey_club
July 3, 2017, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 120790
Matt Green has dined out on his 2012/13 season in the Conference when he scored 25 league goals. Since then he has failed to hit those dizzy heights, and hasn't even hit the magical 20 league goals a season mark.

He has been dogged with injury, but not in the last two seasons though.

Not sure Steve Evans would be releasing a player that he thought was a proven and prolific goalscorer

I think Lincoln now having Rhead, Green and Palmer to call upon will certainly cause issues from their style of play, the long throws, the set pieces and their deep diagonal balls toward the back stick where any of the above will have pulled off against the smaller full backs will give supporting midfielders/ wingers the opportunity for the knock downs and loose bits and bobs around the penalty spot.

You know whats coming but it can be hard to defend against, stop the crosses becomes most important aspect and we certainly havnt done that to any great level over recent seasons...a commanding keeper would also be of benefit....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Impish2
July 3, 2017, 3:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from 120790
Matt Green has dined out on his 2012/13 season in the Conference when he scored 25 league goals. Since then he has failed to hit those dizzy heights, and hasn't even hit the magical 20 league goals a season mark.

He has been dogged with injury, but not in the last two seasons though.

Not sure Steve Evans would be releasing a player that he thought was a proven and prolific goalscorer

There has been a fair bit written about Green from the Stags fans, the man himself and also from the local press in Mansfield. It seems MG did have a bit of a fall out with SE, in fact it's well known that Evans has his faves and if he gets his teeth into someone, regardless of past form or stature at the club, he often moves them out. I have no idea what to expect from him re goal scoring records, but this radio reporter doesn't give him a bad report.  

https://audioboom.com/posts/60.....w-striker-matt-green

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Maringer
July 3, 2017, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Based on available evidence, I'd be surprised if there was anything much left once Evans has got his teeth into most things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Mrs Doyle
July 4, 2017, 4:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Ah well a couple of tasty derbies if nowt else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do you think ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.