forza ivano
May 18, 2017, 10:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from gtfc98

I didn't remove the original post and I'm not sure why it has been. Is it illegal to suggest someone is a racist because a disgusting post appeared on their twitter profile and I don't buy their excuse that it was hacked?

Bloody hell OJ SImpson could have field day suing the whole world at that rate!

hope you've got a good lawyer.

btw all this hate towards the mullins does seem a little mean spirited/small minded. he' was lucky to win his fortune and its entirely down to himas to how he spends his money. as far as i can tell he was a significant help in Operation Promotion and for that i thank him. i wonder if we would all be whiter than white (excuse the pun) if we found ourselves in similar circumstances? just a thought.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 10:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I'm wondering how they got together and who initiated it. Is Macca part of the deal?

I don't know Lee Mullen and know nothing about him other than his involvement in Town, but it always strikes me as odd that people with money think that makes them knowledgeable on any given subject. I have no views on his involvement at Alfreton, but for him to say he is bringing his "knowledge of football and players" to them is quite funny, seeing as he was a director here for about 5 minutes.

Good luck to the chap all the same- it's good to see the smaller clubs prosper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 10:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I sort of lost track of the Mullens story a while back. Has he completely cut all links with GTFC now then? Is he off the board/no longer a director? I presume this is the case, if he's investing in another football club.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 10:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RichMariner
I sort of lost track of the Mullens story a while back. Has he completely cut all links with GTFC now then? Is he off the board/no longer a director? I presume this is the case, if he's investing in another football club.

Think he still has shares but isn't involved at the club any more. Could be wrong about that though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
Garth
May 18, 2017, 11:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from forza ivano

btw all this hate towards the mullins does seem a little mean spirited/small minded. he' was lucky to win his fortune and its entirely down to himas to how he spends his money. as far as i can tell he was a significant help in Operation Promotion and for that i thank him. i wonder if we would all be whiter than white (excuse the pun) if we found ourselves in similar circumstances? just a thought.......

Some of the negative posts on here regarding a guy who put money into our club when it was most needed says more about the posters than it does the Mullens, move on were better than that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 11:58am
Brandy Drinker
What's the aim with Alfreton?

I mean, where could Mullens and his money realistically take them? What would success look like?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Kris2
May 18, 2017, 12:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano

Well I think there is part of it that always feels like jealousy, I'm not keen on these interrogations the club have done with people who say things they don't like on this board but I don't think that's all down to Mullins. The other half seems to just be this belief some have that everything that touches the club has to be local and always 100% a fan of GTFC and they can't think about anything else but GTFC and they have to live locally.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
Kris2
May 18, 2017, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from RichMariner
What's the aim with Alfreton?

I mean, where could Mullens and his money realistically take them? What would success look like?

Are you on the Alfreton board interviewing Mullens? Otherwise this just sounds like a really weird thing to say lol.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 12:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

Are you on the Alfreton board interviewing Mullens? Otherwise this just sounds like a really weird thing to say lol.

Haha! No, I'm not on the Alfreton board... suppose I've just been to too many interviews! But I'm genuinely interested in what Mullens, and all his footballing knowledge and experience, thinks is possible with that club.

What's in it for him? He's not going to make money from it. What's in it for the fans? A Conference club? A FL club?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
psgmariner
May 18, 2017, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Fleetwood, Crawley, FGR all prove that if you use the money wisely you can make it in to the football league. Wouldn't be surprised if AFC Flyde join them next year.

If Alfreton get in to the football league he may see a return on his investment and will have had a lot of fun along the way. If I was a millionaire lottery winner I'd be tempted to have a go!

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alfreton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.