May 18, 2017, 12:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from forza ivano

hope you've got a good lawyer.

btw all this hate towards the mullins does seem a little mean spirited/small minded. he' was lucky to win his fortune and its entirely down to himas to how he spends his money. as far as i can tell he was a significant help in Operation Promotion and for that i thank him. i wonder if we would all be whiter than white (excuse the pun) if we found ourselves in similar circumstances? just a thought.......

In short I agree with you, 20k  was a great contribution but, as far as Operation Promotion went, did he make a significant contribution.... In my opinion, nah. The success of the campaign was down to the fans, lead my the Mariners Trust Board. Was he there during the long hours managing the campaign, creating all the things for fans to pledge for? Was he buggery.

His time and effort has been nothing compared to what other recent directors have in recent years. Yes 'he put his money where his mouth is' but so have other Directors, except they never shouted about it or bragged. Do I begrudge him his luck? No, I don't do the lottery so can't complain that I haven't won.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 60 - 62
barralad
May 18, 2017, 1:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
I have no strong feelings either way about the Mullen? family.
It should be noted however that he stuck his head above the parapet before the start of Operation Promotion to pledge his wedge. Had it not been such a success (we had doubts initially about how much it could raise) we could' ve been thanking them for half the total raised. They also paid a lot of money for auctioned items. Above all perhaps their contribution raised us above the psychologically significant 100K point.
He is no longer involved at GTFC.  For me that is as far as it goes.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 62
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 3:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,137
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from psgmariner
Fleetwood, Crawley, FGR all prove that if you use the money wisely you can make it in to the football league. Wouldn't be surprised if AFC Flyde join them next year.

If Alfreton get in to the football league he may see a return on his investment and will have had a lot of fun along the way. If I was a millionaire lottery winner I'd be tempted to have a go!

Absolutely! It'll be an adventure for him I'm sure - but it'll be a tough division to get out of. There's a surprising amount of money down there. Salford aren't short of a bob or two, and Harrogate are strongly funded (and about to go full time). Kiddy, Stockport and Darlington will be challenging for promotion too.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alfreton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.