Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For all you Bignot out fanboys.......
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 372 Guests

For all you Bignot out fanboys.......

This thread currently has 6,781 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bignic69
April 11, 2017, 4:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Jaws
Here's my list of things he cannot do.

1.) A lop-sided formation
2.) A transfer policy that results in us having 10 players in a position where only 2 or 3 can play at 1 given time.
3.) Tactics that involve playing multiple players out of position despite signing lots of players.
4.) Refusing to sign anyone in positions where we are short and leave a gap rather than sign the "wrong type of player"
5.) Sign no end of 5th, 6th tier or semi-pro players in the hope that we get another Bogle.
6.) Begin preseason before July.
7.) Have no actual tactics or style of play and just change it on a weekly basis

And finally

Request a strength and conditioning coach.

number 7 is the biggest and most important fact for me.
If you do not implement and enforce tactics that the players will buy into then you are on a hiding to nothing from day 1. I don't like the whole player power phenomenon but if you cant convince them to do what you ask through training and match tactics then its obviously beyond believable and therefore open to be ignored.  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
jock dock tower
April 11, 2017, 4:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Simariner
As long as we have a Pe-season on foreign soil i'll be happy    

Can I nominate Scotland please? Failing that Uzbekhistan.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
moosey_club
April 11, 2017, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner_09

Did you really believe that rubbish? I honestly believe it was all a facade to try and cover up his obvious disillusionment with the players. .

Ask yourself this.....when was the last time we had a youth player come through our system and go on to hold a regular place in the first team ?
When was the last time we produced someone through the acadamy that went on to to play at a higher level after we had developed them ?

MB knew it was not fit for purpose,as we all do.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
grimps
April 11, 2017, 5:13pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
I think you're giving us Bignot out boo boys too much credit , I said a few negative things about Hurst and Fenty never took any notice and kept him for 6 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
April 11, 2017, 5:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

Ask yourself this.....when was the last time we had a youth player come through our system and go on to hold a regular place in the first team ?
When was the last time we produced someone through the acadamy that went on to to play at a higher level after we had developed them ?

MB knew it was not fit for purpose,as we all do.

Doesnt this depend rather on priorities... of which I imagine the first team set up is paramount
Get out of National League
Get settled in League
Get reserve team functioning again
Get training facilities to league standard
THEN
Look at Youth development...
Reply: 24 - 48
Garth
April 11, 2017, 5:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Jaws
Here's my list of things he cannot do.

1.) A lop-sided formation
2.) A transfer policy that results in us having 10 players in a position where only 2 or 3 can play at 1 given time.
3.) Tactics that involve playing multiple players out of position despite signing lots of players.
4.) Refusing to sign anyone in positions where we are short and leave a gap rather than sign the "wrong type of player"
5.) Sign no end of 5th, 6th tier or semi-pro players in the hope that we get another Bogle.
6.) Begin preseason before July.
7.) Have no actual tactics or style of play and just change it on a weekly basis

And finally

Request a strength and conditioning coach.

And grinning like a loon when asked a sensible question, before answering it in the Frankie Howard style of "Listen, no, I mean, to be fair"  then falling just short of Ooo are Mrs I say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
Sussexmariner
April 11, 2017, 8:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
It's a serious question, what does Slade need to do in his first 5 months to stop town fans calling for his head?

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Sigone
April 11, 2017, 8:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Sussexmariner
It's a serious question, what does Slade need to do in his first 5 months to stop town fans calling for his head?

A bloody miracle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
Grim74
April 11, 2017, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Shag Fenty's wife! That would do wonders to his credit for some, especially the clowns from  the Cod Almighty.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
fleabag1970
April 11, 2017, 8:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Had a good chat with a bloke today . Told me all sorts about the past few weeks at bp . If all is true and I have no reason to doubt it . It's all the same old story

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For all you Bignot out fanboys.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.