Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Russell Slade

This thread currently has 34,599 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 12, 2017, 7:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from brisbaneroad
He was on the verge of the sack after being given an ultimatum so I think he walked before he was axed. Wish you all the best I have nothing but respect for RS

Thanks Brisbane ,only echoes what I've been told by my orient contact.think Yeovil fans are pretty complimentary as well, Swansea, so that makes two. Can't imagine Scarborough fans would have too bad to say either

Ps Brisbane the very best of luck in the future. You will absolutely hate non league, but I hope you pull through. Think the vast majority of town fans are wishing your club the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 236
jonnyboy82
April 12, 2017, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Russell Slade's black and white army...

In a strange sadistic way I have kind of got butterflies this morning.

Can't wait to see the bald headed illegitimate now in that shitty gtfc cap.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 236
gobby
April 12, 2017, 8:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
I thought we would have brought in a more experienced League manager when PH left, so was not too happy with MB as he had no league experience behind him, was happy enough to plod on with him through the rest of this season and maybe up until xmas to see if he could change it around and get the best out of what he had assembled. Now gone and RS looks likely to be coming in to inherit MB's team and get them playing in his style, so pleased we are safe from the drop but really do not think RS will do much in the next 5 games. ST next season? Yep, not happy with Slade but he will manage the club I support so will get behind him for as long as it takes.
UTMM  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 236
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2017, 8:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gobby
I thought we would have brought in a more experienced League manager when PH left, so was not too happy with MB as he had no league experience behind him, was happy enough to plod on with him through the rest of this season and maybe up until xmas to see if he could change it around and get the best out of what he had assembled. Now gone and RS looks likely to be coming in to inherit MB's team and get them playing in his style, so pleased we are safe from the drop but really do not think RS will do much in the next 5 games. ST next season? Yep, not happy with Slade but he will manage the club I support so will get behind him for as long as it takes.
UTMM  

I wonder whether Slade was actually first choice five months ago but for one reason or another, probably contracts and money, he wasn't available, so Fenty went for MB instead?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 236
OllieGTFC
April 12, 2017, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
For sladey wanting to come back clearly either desperate for a job or he has unfinished business with us to do put things right time will tell, quite looking forward to it

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 236
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 12, 2017, 8:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Cloudy
Slade left us but since has always managed above this level, is only out of work for very short periods, unexpected play offs for unfashionable clubs, a wealth of experience contacts and knowledge YET many are critical that a lower half league 2 club in a geographical backwater cannot do better.

I cannot think of any other manager in League 2 who has finished in the top 8 of The Championship, or better, recently?

Slade and the board have my full support on this one simply because he is the man in charge. If he cocks up I will be critical but right now, bring it on. I was dreading next season, now I am positively optimistic.

UTM

Good post, nothing wrong with having black & white blood but I agree that certain fans expectations in the quality of Manager we can attract is at best misguided and that is reflected in the alleged list of candidates. Interviwed following departure of PH.

I was nervous about next season but also clung on to some faith that MB was working on a longer term project that would bear fruit but thats not to be so Slade is an acceptable option as replacement. Whoever gets the job though must address the gap between the first team and our youth team to ensure some players can come through the ranks.

Friday should be a full day Golf at Grimsby in Am-am at 9.00am, fish & chips and then over to BP to see what will hopefully be a town win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 236
Tommy
April 12, 2017, 8:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Good post, nothing wrong with having black & white blood but I agree that certain fans expectations in the quality of Manager we can attract is at best misguided and that is reflected in the alleged list of candidates. Interviwed following departure of PH.

I was nervous about next season but also clung on to some faith that MB was working on a longer term project that would bear fruit but thats not to be so Slade is an acceptable option as replacement. Whoever gets the job though must address the gap between the first team and our youth team to ensure some players can come through the ranks.

Friday should be a full day Golf at Grimsby in Am-am at 9.00am, fish & chips and then over to BP to see what will hopefully be a town win.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think Slade will do a decent job for us. However, the bit in bold above is one concern I have with him. In that I've always seen him as a short-term type manager and not one that's too interested in long term development/planning and introducing young players from Academies. Although I admit to not knowing everything he's done at all his clubs in great detail.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 236
Garth
April 12, 2017, 9:02am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from OllieGTFC
For sladey wanting to come back clearly either desperate for a job or he has unfinished business with us to do put things right time will tell, quite looking forward to it

Can`t see him short of a bob or two so no desperation there, unfinished business with us, do managers really care that much about their previous teams.
I seem to remember that phrase being used before by someone in our management history, he`s coming back because he misses the day to day aspect of being a football manager and our situation fell into his mood right now, people who work for a living especially doing a job that they like can moan a lot at work but would if they were truthful miss it if they were fired.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 236
MuddyWaters
April 12, 2017, 9:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Welcome back Russ, hope you rekindle nights like Spurs and Newcastle and prove you are capable of achieving promotions. It's a yes from me.
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 236
MarinerMal
April 12, 2017, 9:07am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
I think this appointment is a mistake.

Since the Bristol Rovers play-off final defeat I think the board and fans all seem to be pulling together. There has been such positivity around the club which we haven't seen for many years. With promotion this only increased.

It may have waned a little this year as we achieved our initial objective of safety relatively quickly and only ever really flirted with the edge of the play-offs.

However, I can't imagine a more divisive appointment than that of Russell Slade. He left us, not for a bigger club but for Yoevil. He made that play-off final all about him, in the build up, with the speculation surrounding his future. The football his team produced was dire (not just in that final but general style of play), anyone remembering anything else are deluding themselves.

This is a very backward appointment but typical of Fenty's managerial appointments, he's just not very good at them. In football, nobody ever knows for sure but in my mind you have made one huge mistake here, John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 236
24 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.