Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 133 Guests

Russell Slade

This thread currently has 34,642 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
April 11, 2017, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from 935

Slade was the closes we ve come to league one in more than a decade, he s brought us bigger scalps in the cup, a solid attacking partnership, and probably the best central midfielder in Paul Bolland the club has had for some time...

You forgot to mention a fantastic defensive partnership in Whittle and Jones!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 236
Mariner_09
April 11, 2017, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
If he could sign players as good as G. Jones, Reddy, Whittle and R. Jones again then we'll be laughing. In all honesty in the summer we need a striker who knows where the goal is and will stretch defences with pace, basically Michael Reddy! A genuine left sided winger, who's actually decent! A high quality goalkeeper, not saying McKeown is a poor keeper but I think for a promotion push we need a very good keeper. We need an athletic centre half, a bit like Toto, and that should see us sorted. We need players of the quality the ones listed early in the post.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 236
lew chaterleys lover
April 11, 2017, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,729
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mariner91
Here's a video with all of Michael Reddy's goals for Town. Only one of those goals came about from what I would call a "hoof". Yes there were some longer balls but they were looking for the run of Reddy in to the channel. It was clearly the game plan rather than just lumping it forward and if you had a player as quick and powerful as Reddy why on earth would you not take advantage of it? Likewise, the Cowley's have been very successful this year but have employed a fairly direct style to utilise their main striker who is Matt Rhead. I'd rather watch us play measured balls into the channel and have an obvious (successful) game plan than watch some of the turd that has been served up in the last three months where most of the time I had no idea what the game plan was.

Here's the link if you want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEtrfl-HGUA

How I enjoyed seeing those again.

What a player he was. How did Slade get him here in the first place? There must have been a queue of clubs after him, but I do know Slade would not take no for an answer.

There will never be another Michael Reddy but if Slade  can get us playing anything like that then surely we would be a happy lot.
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 236
pontoon442
April 11, 2017, 6:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
SLADE OUT>>>>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 236
HertsGTFC
April 11, 2017, 7:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
If he could sign players as good as G. Jones, Reddy, Whittle and R. Jones again then we'll be laughing. In all honesty in the summer we need a striker who knows where the goal is and will stretch defences with pace, basically Michael Reddy! A genuine left sided winger, who's actually decent! A high quality goalkeeper, not saying McKeown is a poor keeper but I think for a promotion push we need a very good keeper. We need an athletic centre half, a bit like Toto, and that should see us sorted. We need players of the quality the ones listed early in the post.

His first job on the "to do" list is to secure the services of Collins, Andrew, Pearson and ideally (though I don't think it will happen) Dom Vose. Some posters are talking about some players only having 5 games to prove they are worth an offer, after the last few months maybe the club and the new manager only have 5 games to prove that they we are worth playing for.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 236
April 11, 2017, 7:01pm
Guest User

Well, I'll not be parting with my money for another season ticket. I bought 3 last year. I REALLY DISLIKE THIS MAN. Sacked 3 times in less than a year. He's past his sell by date. Whatever people think Bignot is a young manager on his way up. Slade is yesterdays man on the slide. Slade, I'd rather have Noddy not Russell.  
Reply: 155 - 236
April 11, 2017, 7:02pm
Guest User
George Kerr with No 2 Sir Alan Buckley, now why not?
Reply: 156 - 236
Hagrid
April 11, 2017, 7:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,436
Gold Stars: 535
Bye! You wont be missed. Real fans support the club no matter what is happening off the pitch. Shame on you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 236
TheRealJohnLewis
April 11, 2017, 7:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Hagrid
Bye! You wont be missed. Real fans support the club no matter what is happening off the pitch. Shame on you

Does that same principle apply to the Blackpool Fans who are boycotting their club or those boycotting B teams at BP?

Private Message
Reply: 158 - 236
April 11, 2017, 7:08pm
Guest User
Oh why if Slade signed all those fantastic players were we abysmal in the last game of that season, and even worse at Cardiff, we got what we deserved that day beaten by the poorest team ever to be in a playoff final.
Didn't make Fenty look like a real chump, or is that anyway.
Reply: 159 - 236
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.