Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Portsmouth Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 278 Guests

Portsmouth Match Thread

This thread currently has 29,125 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 14, 2017, 10:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
It's all the fault of Travelodge for not giving us a deal we could afford.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 184
Mariner93er
March 14, 2017, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
To be fair, when we hired bignot, everyone was begging for more of Hursts brand of football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 184
MuddyWaters
March 14, 2017, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
It's all the fault of Travelodge for not giving us a deal we could afford.  

Maybe JF spent the Pompey budget on his trip to Dubai  
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 184
Grantley
March 14, 2017, 10:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
What were Hurst's teams? They were solid, doggid, hard working grafters. A midfield of Summerfield, Berrett, Comley and Chambers ticked all of those boxes. Marcus has come in and decided that we can't have that mentality and brought in players such as Maxwell, Gunnning and Asante! What have those 3 combined offered so far?

You're actually trying to suggest James Berrett offered something?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 184
Mrs Doyle
March 14, 2017, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Lol if you think we are confused and frustrated by Bignot's changes think how the players are feeling???

And to think Hurst was nicknamed "Mr Tinkerman."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 184
TAGG
March 14, 2017, 10:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
MB on radio.
Full of excrement again. He talks a load of balderdash

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 184
Garth
March 14, 2017, 10:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from TAGG
MB on radio.
Full of excrement again. He talks a load of balderdash

Well apparently he could not see that Pompey had changed their system, very nieve non league tinpot management
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 184
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 14, 2017, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Mariner_09
What were Hurst's teams? They were solid, doggid, hard working grafters. A midfield of Summerfield, Berrett, Comley and Chambers ticked all of those boxes. Marcus has come in and decided that we can't have that mentality and brought in players such as Maxwell, Gunnning and Asante! What have those 3 combined offered so far?

Berrett an hard working grafter? A complete waste of space IMO. Hurst's teams on the whole were as you suggest plus add boring, unfortunately so far MB's teams have not been anymore enjoyable to watch.

Whilst I am also puzzled by both some of his signings and his style of play what I do have is some element of hope that MB and his team are going through their own apprenticeship as league managers & are learning from this years experience. I can accept them not being the finished article, and I can accept tactical and team selections that do not work but back in the transfer window I expressed the view that by Easter I wanted to see some evidence of how we are going to play (style) and we have the right quality of players coming in. There is still time but progress and improvement is so far slow at best and of the new signings only Osbourne has really stoood out and I feel he needs a proper pre-season before we see the best of him. Not saying other players will not rise to the challenge just to date just not seen that.

I can face a couple of seasons of team building and gradual improvement especially if we can adopt a more attacking and open style, particularly at home. The last 5 minutes against Wycombe with the kitchen sink and everything else being thrown at them should be seen far more regularly and for more prolonged periods.

So, unsure about MB but I agree with many that he deserves time and the continual over reaction to wins and/or defeats is for me irritating to say the least so I will try and maintain a more considered position until we have further time to assess where we are heading.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 184
stevethefish
March 14, 2017, 10:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
I suppose tonight shows us the quality level we need to be at. Hurtful loss, but I suppose not really a surprise if we re-winded 12 months.

The level of inconsistency and tactical own goals (pardon the pun), is annoying though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 184
TheCodfather1966
March 14, 2017, 10:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
The reality of the whole situation is that MB does not have the knowledge at this level to be able to combat differing styles of play.  We beat a shocking Orient team (who everybody beat incidentally ! ) but learnt no lessons from this at all.  Three centre halfs tonight and a system that none of the players were comfortable with.  Best quote ever from John Tondeur tonight " Portsmouth announced Conor Chaplain was coming on as a subsititute, Tondeur said " the way Town are playing Charlie Chaplin could come on and Portsmouth would still win "..............

No way will MB take Town forward, we are safe this season and that is fantastic in my book.  Next season under MB gives cause for grave concern.  He lurches from one calamity to another, and his interviews have become a sad joke.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 184
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Portsmouth Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.