Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST holders, how far are you from BP?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

ST holders, how far are you from BP?

This thread currently has 5,837 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
oochiad
March 1, 2017, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Did my 170 miles, we got the 3 points. Same again on Saturday but with a little more flair please! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
Grimal
March 1, 2017, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I currently live in Bilbao which is, according to google maps, 1600km - so 1000 miles - by car from GY. I usually fly home to visit and get a game in but I tend to go to away games, when I can near London or Manchester where there are clubs nearby.

In the past I have flown back from France and got the ferry/flown back from Dublin for matches too. I bought a flight for Torquay at home back in the 09/10 season and my flight was grounded because of the Icelandic volcano which erupted. In 2007/8 I flew back for Morecambe at home in the JPT semi-final and when I came out of arrivals at Stansted my mum (who had come to pick me up) told me the match had been called off.

I got the ferry to Wrexham away (when it was their 150th anniversary) from Dublin when I lived there and met a Town fan who had flown in that day from Copenhagen. I also got the ferry to Chester away the same year. Going to a match by ferry is definitely my favourite way to travel to a game.

Paris,have you got booked on the Pride of Bilbao for the Tuesday night match in a couple of weeks time ? No excuses, door to door  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST holders, how far are you from BP?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.