Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST holders, how far are you from BP?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 384 Guests

ST holders, how far are you from BP?

This thread currently has 5,792 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
February 27, 2017, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
3 miles from Blundell Park
2.3 from the crematorium, which would obviously be around the same to the new stadium if it happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
devon mariner
February 27, 2017, 3:34pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
646 round trip for me from Torquay. This is why I am NOT a ST holder.  Get back for a few games each year and have to walk the massive distance from Brereton Avenue.

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Squarkus
February 28, 2017, 7:55am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
44 mils round trip for me, we have some fantastc dedicated fans dont we, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
February 28, 2017, 8:20am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,448
Gold Stars: 15
50-mile round trip for me, give or take a mile or so, despite Saturday I'm looking forward to the trip tonight and on Sat!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
oochiad
February 28, 2017, 9:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
85 miles each way for me. I'll be there tonight for 3 points!! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Grumps
February 28, 2017, 10:30am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
Just 9 miles each way so close to home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Paris Mariner
February 28, 2017, 12:52pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I currently live in Bilbao which is, according to google maps, 1600km - so 1000 miles - by car from GY. I usually fly home to visit and get a game in but I tend to go to away games, when I can near London or Manchester where there are clubs nearby.

In the past I have flown back from France and got the ferry/flown back from Dublin for matches too. I bought a flight for Torquay at home back in the 09/10 season and my flight was grounded because of the Icelandic volcano which erupted. In 2007/8 I flew back for Morecambe at home in the JPT semi-final and when I came out of arrivals at Stansted my mum (who had come to pick me up) told me the match had been called off.

I got the ferry to Wrexham away (when it was their 150th anniversary) from Dublin when I lived there and met a Town fan who had flown in that day from Copenhagen. I also got the ferry to Chester away the same year. Going to a match by ferry is definitely my favourite way to travel to a game.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 41
Les Brechin
February 28, 2017, 1:58pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I currently live in Bilbao which is, according to google maps, 1600km - so 1000 miles - by car from GY. I usually fly home to visit and get a game in but I tend to go to away games, when I can near London or Manchester where there are clubs nearby.

In the past I have flown back from France and got the ferry/flown back from Dublin for matches too. I bought a flight for Torquay at home back in the 09/10 season and my flight was grounded because of the Icelandic volcano which erupted. In 2007/8 I flew back for Morecambe at home in the JPT semi-final and when I came out of arrivals at Stansted my mum (who had come to pick me up) told me the match had been called off.

I got the ferry to Wrexham away (when it was their 150th anniversary) from Dublin when I lived there and met a Town fan who had flown in that day from Copenhagen. I also got the ferry to Chester away the same year. Going to a match by ferry is definitely my favourite way to travel to a game.

I didn't know Wrexham had a ferry port.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
gary_elton
March 1, 2017, 4:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
220 mile round trip for me... sadly due to working weekends it's a rarity now... and I take in more away games than home... I did once fly home from Germany to see Liverpool put 5 past us at Anfield....  UTM

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Hertsmariner
March 1, 2017, 5:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
310 miles round trip by car; parking at the Kingsway hotel or on Hardy Road if driving up and back on the same day (so add another 2 miles or so for round-trip walking to BP) . However, I'm increasingly doing the round trip on the train on a Saturday as it's less exhausting! Unlike HertsGTFC, however, I don't attend more than about 10 home games/season but buy my ST just to support the club. I stayed in Cleethorpes last night but don't think I'll be coming up for the Wycombe game-after careful thought!.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST holders, how far are you from BP?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.