HertsGTFC
February 23, 2017, 8:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Good news all round, we need to get this deal done!

Oh and to add once done he needs to be made club/team captain on a perm basis once Dis eventually moves on.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
Cloudy
February 23, 2017, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
FFS LISTEN to the interview!!!

From approx 8mins 30 in. At no stage does Bignot say they have opened talks with Shaun Pearson about a new contract. He says he is intelligent, that he has improved, that he is Grimsby through and through, that he knows what he thinks of him etc etc but at no stage does he say they have offered a new deal!

He did say that Clifton, Venney and Wright ARE under contract for next season ( haven't previously seen that announced anywhere) and that Andy Warringtons contract was now done for next season. Wonder when the club will formally announce these deals?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
ginnywings
February 23, 2017, 8:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I listened and got to the same conclusion as Cloudy. Plenty of praise but nowhere does he say that they are in talks about a new contract, not that i'm saying there aren't or won't be. He wouldn't name names when discussing who they want to stay on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
The Grim Reaper
February 23, 2017, 8:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
In other news

The war is over

This was in the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....77-detail/story.html

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
ginnywings
February 23, 2017, 8:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
In other news

The war is over

This was in the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....77-detail/story.html

Yeah, but it doesn't name names, so Pearson may or may not be one of the ones he wants to keep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2017, 8:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
In other news

The war is over

Ah, good show. Hope we taught Kruger and his dirty Boers a lesson.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
chaos33
February 23, 2017, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,981
Gold Stars: 361
Yet more overreaction....

If Town do make Pearson an offer of a new contract, IMO it should be to look to extend him to the end of next season. We might possibly be a L1 club at the end of this season or next, and I'm not entirely sure that Pearson would be L1 standard, although he looks plenty good enough to play at L2 level. That said, I think he's been a consistently good player for us with a superb attitude and he is much loved by us all for that. We need to try to reward him and secure him, but keep it rational.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2017, 11:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Yet more overreaction....

If Town do make Pearson an offer of a new contract, IMO it should be to look to extend him to the end of next season. We might possibly be a L1 club at the end of this season or next, and I'm not entirely sure that Pearson would be L1 standard, although he looks plenty good enough to play at L2 level. That said, I think he's been a consistently good player for us with a superb attitude and he is much loved by us all for that. We need to try to reward him and secure him, but keep it rational.

If you want to secure him would you not have to offer him 2 years Chaos?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
chaos33
February 23, 2017, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,981
Gold Stars: 361
I don't know. Depends what he wants. No reason why a two year deal couldn't be negotiated, or he might be happy to go for another year and take stock, and the club do likewise. If we are a League one team in the next two years, we'll need league one standard players. Is Pearson league one standard? I don't know. Don't think I'd be offering three years to him, or anyone in the present squad really. Don't get me wrong though - I really like Pearson as a player and a professional.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
LH
February 24, 2017, 12:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Just listened to it on my way home from work. As said no firm confirmation of an offer but "one or two" in discussions. I reckon it's him and Danny Andrew (who has stated he would like to stay longer previously and is a fairly local lad) at a guess but that's purely speculation.

I really hope Bignot can walk the walk to match his talk. He's ambitious and obviously has a long term vision for the club. I'd also add that I hope the club are willing to back him financially to allow his vision to be realised.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Open talks with Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.