Mariner_09
February 19, 2017, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Anything is possible in this division.  Mansfield are in the play-offs and looked very average.  The team that keeps its nerve best will win the competition to sneak into them.  We should get better so have a good a chance as any of the other teams.

Crazy stats.  Orient have lost 13 of their 17 home games.  And they are still 4 points off bottom.

That's not good, we've still got to go there!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Mariner_09
February 19, 2017, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Anything is possible in this division.  Mansfield are in the play-offs and looked very average.  The team that keeps its nerve best will win the competition to sneak into them.  We should get better so have a good a chance as any of the other teams.

Crazy stats.  Orient have lost 13 of their 17 home games.  And they are still 4 points off bottom.

That's not good, we've still got to go there!

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
February 19, 2017, 5:27pm
Guest User
Last season Scunny just missed out on the play-offs after getting a new manager in March! Anything can happen with a good manager but I've got used to watching Town with little expectation as you don't know who will turn up, when we lose this inconsistency, I'm sure we'll be a top 6 team.
Reply: 42 - 44
acko338
February 19, 2017, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 28195
Last season Scunny just missed out on the play-offs after getting a new manager in March! Anything can happen with a good manager but I've got used to watching Town with little expectation as you don't know who will turn up, when we lose this inconsistency, I'm sure we'll be a top 6 team.

Hit the nail on the head - consistency required to climb up this League.

We are due a good run of form, but need to prove that the new line up deserves that run of form.

Bignot needs at least 8 to 9 regular consistent players every match, and subs making a genuine difference when called on!

Both goal scorers yesterday are equal top scorers...... on 2 goals.

At least one (hopefully two) of the forwards needs to climb up to the plate until the season end, as I cannot believe that we will go to play off places with 6 equal goal scorers on maybe 6 goals each ???

Onwards...and upwards ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Mariner_09
February 19, 2017, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Stevenage have proved that you only need to win 3 or 4 games and you'll be right up there.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.