5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 19, 2017, 8:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
9 into 1 doesn't go as you all know so if we miss out I wont be disapointed as I expected just a mid table finish with no play off push or relegation battle, so to be within 3 points of 7th place in mid Feb is great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2017, 8:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I may have been hast saying we will finish 13th when we have to play 7 of the teams above us again, its quite tight so winning these games could be crucial.

But aren't most of those at home where we seem to be improving? I'd certainly fancy our chances at home to Plymouth on the last day of the season if they are already up as well.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Garth
February 19, 2017, 8:55am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I posted this five days ago under Bursting with Pride post, and yesterdays battling performance has only strengthened my view

My view is that we will stumble into the playoffs as the bottom team, and then win it, its a funny ole game we should sensibly not have beaten Braintree last season and still been non league, but we did and there was no stopping us from there on.  believe!

We need to take three points from most games from now onwards, and I feel thats possible, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Mariner93er
February 19, 2017, 10:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
The thing is, yesterday's game felt different to other victories this season. We didn't ride our luck, we didn't counter them, or win a boring game. We showed genuine quality and attacking intent. I'm not going to say we will get in the play offs, but with such individual quality, if they play as a team, we have one hell of a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
HertsGTFC
February 19, 2017, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But aren't most of those at home where we seem to be improving? I'd certainly fancy our chances at home to Plymouth on the last day of the season if they are already up as well.

My gut feel (and its a considerable gut) is that we will finish just outside, but the performances for Luton and yesterday would indicate that maybe just maybe we are improving at home, win your home games and you will always do o.k.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 19, 2017, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Out of all the teams in contention we must have the most suprise potential, in that we have a fairly new manager with lots of new additions who seem to be good additions, just trying to find the right system to accommodate them, it could all just click together and we could go on a really good run of form which we havn't done over more than 5 games this season, thats only 'potential' and ifs and buts, it might not happen, but the season would still be a successful one for us if not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
HertsGTFC
February 19, 2017, 10:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Out of all the teams in contention we must have the most suprise potential, in that we have a fairly new manager with lots of new additions who seem to be good additions, just trying to find the right system to accommodate them, it could all just click together and we could go on a really good run of form which we havn't done over more than 5 games this season, thats only 'potential' and ifs and buts, it might not happen, but the season would still be a successful one for us if not

I reckon safe by March which is what we will undoubtedly be is a successful season regardless of where we finish, the surprise factor is an interesting one though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 19, 2017, 10:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I reckon safe by March which is what we will undoubtedly be is a successful season regardless of where we finish, the surprise factor is an interesting one though.

Oh definately i'd be happy if the season ended now, but just think for teams that have been buzzing round these positions who have the same manager players and style of play thats kept them there all season its less likely for them to suddenly burst into life than it is for us who are actually outside the playoffs because we had a 4 game winless streak due to all the changes we made and now hopefully the signs are that its all coming together, but thats based on one win so probably too soon to say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
devs
February 19, 2017, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
YES!! The play off thread is back!!
Lose 5-0... going to hell in a handcart; Bignot out of his depth etc
Win 3-0... who knows where the Mariners positivity train will end up??

Until the next time....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Mariner_09
February 19, 2017, 10:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Yesterday Jones, Osborne and Clements looked like quality additions all game and once Dyson got his goal he looked more confident and therefore effective. Jury's still out on Gunning and Yussuf and we haven't seen enough of Asante or Maxwell to make a judgement. Having said that about Yussuf I have seen him 3 times and he's looked totally ineffective. I wasn't at Carlisle or Hartlepool admittedly.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.