Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summerfield can go
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Summerfield can go

This thread currently has 16,276 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
February 7, 2017, 11:49am
Guest User
Nothing against him personally, and hope he does well at Macclesfield.

But clearly our previous manager appeared to be running out of ideas, signings wise.
Reply: 70 - 78
diehardmariner
February 7, 2017, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,600
Gold Stars: 538
All about opinions but once the season started Summerfield looked miles away from what we needed.  Odd as in pre-season, as another posted said, he looked like one of our better signings.

Perhaps a victim of too many similar players in the midfield but as the season went on it became more and more evident that he was no better than the likes of Comley and Disley, I would even say Venney in a deeper midfield role.  The same could be said further forward in comparison to Vose and now Osborne and hopefully Jones.  

Can't fault the lads effort and good to see he wants to go out and get games but I think we've seen in recent weeks what we need to move forward and unfortunately Summerfield doesn't fit that bill.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 7, 2017, 12:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
The "pass" to Andrew for toms goal against Carlisle and thr free kick at Doncaster are what i will remember him by

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
Tommy
February 7, 2017, 1:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
The "pass" to Andrew for toms goal against Carlisle and thr free kick at Doncaster are what i will remember him by

You mean when he lost his footing/slipped? Hardly a moment of shocking quality, just an unlucky slip. People will use anything as a stick to beat someone with if they don't like them.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 7, 2017, 4:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I never said I disliked him, just that my memory of him will be those two incidents

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Tommy
February 7, 2017, 5:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Fair enough mate.

Just found it odd how loads of people used that free-kick/slip to batter him when he did it, but if it was a different player would've just laughed it off and said oh well can't be helped.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
LH
February 7, 2017, 6:25pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Someone else did it in either the Accrington or Blackpool game but it was forgotten.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
rancido
February 7, 2017, 6:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Guess our 'York' obsession is finally coming to an end, just Berret left. I'll be glad to see this blinkered approach to transfers  draw to a close as the long line of players Hurst signed from them haven't exactly been memorable.

I think Luke was one of several players who Hurst signed last summer who were perhaps good enough to consolidate us a place in the mid to bottom half of League 2 but definitely not good enough if we wanted to progress.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
February 11, 2017, 3:46pm
Guest User
See Mac winning today, Summerfield starts today, still think he was ok.
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summerfield can go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.