8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 6, 2017, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Good luck to him, clearly has a good professional attitude and will make an impact at that level I'm sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
February 6, 2017, 8:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
He's poo, but he tried. We've had a few of them, Leary is one that springs to mind. A shocking signing by Hurst.

OMG to compare Luke Summerfield who has had a very good career, and Michael Leary who's career is yet to start is just ridiculous.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
Pontooner
February 6, 2017, 8:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Bit sorry to see him go. Guilty of  a few stray passes, but overall I thought he was ok and helped us move the ball around much quicker than we've done for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
toontown
February 6, 2017, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Good luck luke, good news all round i'd say as at that level I would expect him to have a positive impact and we need our wage bill cutting. At our level he was energetic but not good enough goin forward to outway his repeated errors. At national league level he'll probably be quite good. He's not going to be picked by MB ahead of osbourne and Jones and clements etc so needed to get away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Theimperialcoroner
February 6, 2017, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102

OMG to compare Luke Summerfield who has had a very good career, and Michael Leary who's career is yet to start is just ridiculous.

Both triers but very limited, both played for relegated teams. Fair game I say. Saw nothing but averageness from Luke, simply not a loss for me.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
Mariner_09
February 6, 2017, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Just Gowling, Chambers and McAllister to get out on loan now then.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
Cloudy
February 7, 2017, 6:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Both triers but very limited, both played for relegated teams. Fair game I say. Saw nothing but averageness from Luke, simply not a loss for me.

Leary was largely a non league player, yet Summerfield did well at Championship level according to Plymouth fans and also plenty of games at League one.
Tarnished by many for being relegated with York but too many high profile misplaced passes in a Town shirt and also, crucially for me, lacked physicality despite being reasonably sized for a centre mid
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
lukeo
February 7, 2017, 7:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,336
Gold Stars: 141
good luck Luke will be good to get some game tine for himself.. Maccs have no chance of being promoted in my eyes, so we will see you in pre season in a black and white shirt unless you find a move elsewhere

utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
jimgtfc
February 7, 2017, 10:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Never afraid to take responsibility of the ball, always offered himself for a pass and never hid in games like other midfielders we've had recently. Could look like a premier league midfielder one minute with a raking 50 yard pass, then the next minute look Sunday league with a ridiculous one. Could have been a squad player for me, but probably better off for him if he moves on. It does make me wonder what some of the bobbly muddy non league pitches will do for his passing though.

Good luck Luke.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
ginnywings
February 7, 2017, 10:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Good luck Luke, couldn't question your effort but it wasn't to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summerfield can go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.