Bigdog
November 30, 2016, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I get that one to a degree as they have money to spend and some big plans, also they could sell Abrahams who's "hot" apparently at the if Omar settled well.

On loan from Chelsea Herts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 103
promotion plaice
November 30, 2016, 9:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 201

Have we actually formally received a bid from Barnet ?

In a statement in the GET John Fenty slammed a reported bid of £250,000 for star striker Omar Bogle as "derisory".
The Mariners figurehead also assured fans that the club would not even consider a bid as low as that for the prolific hitman.

Yet he doesn't say if a bid has or has not been made.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 103
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2016, 9:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Civvy at last
I must have missed something.  When exactly did Barry Fry take over at Barnet ?? !!

1979. And 1986.

(Can't believe no one else has said that already).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 103
headingly_mariner
November 30, 2016, 10:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Surely we need to be giving him an improved and extended contract to up his value. He's clearly going to attract interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 103
Perkins
November 30, 2016, 10:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,983
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from webbit
i think Bignot will talk him into staying

Can't imagine he would need talking into staying, especially if the option is Barnet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 103
HertsGTFC
November 30, 2016, 10:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,121
Gold Stars: 241
Quoted from Bigdog

On loan from Chelsea Herts.

Ahhh............ One of many!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 103
ob1
November 30, 2016, 10:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +13
Barnet fan here in peace.
Most Barnet fans don't think that there is much truth in this story. If it is true then £250k seems too cheap. However I'd just like to answer a few questions made in this thread. We don't own the freehold to the Hive but we do have a long lease from Harrow council. There are several other businesses run there which help to sustain Barnet FC including a banqueting suite capable of seating 500 people, a gym, nine football pitches including two all weather ones, this season both Spain and Scotland trained at the Hive as have lots of other teams including Brazil and Germany in the past. Toshiba are about to open a medical centre with some very expensive scanners and will also use the centre for training. There is even a motor cycle training school in one of the car parks. There is a Starbucks coffee shop and a restaurant is opening in a couple of weeks.
On top of all this we sold Underhill for £14.25 million pounds so our Chairman does have funds available and he says we will be strengthening the squad in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 103
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2016, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ob1
Most Barnet fans don't think that there is much truth in this story. If it is true then £250k seems too cheap. However I'd just like to answer a few questions made in this thread. We don't own the freehold to the Hive but we do have a long lease from Harrow council. There are several other businesses run there which help to sustain Barnet FC including a banqueting suite capable of seating 500 people, a gym, nine football pitches including two all weather ones, this season both Spain and Scotland trained at the Hive as have lots of other teams including Brazil and Germany in the past. Toshiba are about to open a medical centre with some very expensive scanners and will also use the centre for training. There is even a motor cycle training school in one of the car parks. There is a Starbucks coffee shop and a restaurant is opening in a couple of weeks.
On top of all this we sold Underhill for £14.25 million pounds so our Chairman does have funds available and he says we will be strengthening the squad in January.

We'll take that for Omar then. We'll even throw in John Fenty for that amount.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 103
ginnywings
November 30, 2016, 11:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ob1

Cheers for the info ob1. Don't want to be too disparaging to your club as i have no problem with you but i think most of us would be gobsmacked if he went to Barnet and would probably have a public lynching of the board. I met two very sound Barnet fans out drinking in Grimsby the night before we last played you in the league in our relegation season. Also met up with them after the game for a pint or two and they were magnanimous in defeat. Thought we were going to stay up after that game but it wasn't to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 103
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2016, 11:53pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Cheers for the info ob1. Don't want to be too disparaging to your club as i have no problem with you but i think most of us would be gobsmacked if he went to Barnet and would probably have a public lynching of the board. I met two very sound Barnet fans out drinking in Grimsby the night before we last played you in the league in our relegation season. Also met up with them after the game for a pint or two and they were magnanimous in defeat. Thought we were going to stay up after that game but it wasn't to be.

I know that rare beast. The fan of both clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet offer club record bid for Omar

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.