November 20, 2016, 11:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
We should not stand in Omars way of progressing to a higher level,

BUT

He is still  in his development ( Marcus words )  

So we will keep him for a bit longer and if we get into  L1 and then hopefully the championship,

Omar will find himself been coveted by the really big teams,

Marcus will also be on a  few  really big clubs radar as well,

Such is life,

Lets not worry about things  just yet  we should enjoy the ride.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
TheGoalKipper
November 20, 2016, 12:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Definitely and we are in a decent position with him having 18months on his contract, but without extending it we won't be in a stronger position to sell than January. It would be great if we could extend it, then get big money for him in the summer. Either way we need to be looking for the next gem to improve. Whichever way you look at it, it's a hugely successful signing from Hurst and Fenty, he scored massively important goals and his sale will surely see the club make a monster profit on him.

Agree with your assessment. I believe MB will already have identified a couple of non league strikers to bring in and if a big enough offer comes in and he can get the replacement on board it will go through. Its a window of opportunity we cant turn down if he keeps scoring like he is. If things go pearshaped through injury, loss of form.etc

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
sydney
November 20, 2016, 12:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Got back at 11pm
Had recorded channel 5 thing and watched goals
Long day but so pleased went
Mills followed by Gowling for me but all players where beyond any criticism today on what was a very very wet day
Some great tweets on the GTFC tweet thingy from Plymouth fans saying we where the loudest and best fans they had heard for years
Great Time to be a town fan and although I can't make Tuesday will listen to second half on Mariners player and hope MB and the lads make the most of this fantastic momentum from today
Lastly after my post from the leisure centre after the game got talking at length to some Plymouth season ticket holders and they said we where the best side they had seen at Plymouth this and last season
They did not expect us to play as we did and they expected us to park the bus
As Bristol R will probably state in this league and possibly league one, teams are beatable and games are winnable with the effort and passion and skill and determination shown yesterday by this MB team
Long may it continue and as a fan I will now dream of what can be achieved let's hope that Tuesday night we don't come back to earth with a bump
Well done to all concerned on another fantastic day of been a town fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
marinernige
November 20, 2016, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Back at the b&b far too early but hit my wall as been up since 3am, getting far too old for post match partying.
Is it just me or did Town totally boss that one?
Never felt the result was in doubt on the day and Plymouth are certainly no mugs.
I can't believe there were only 300 odd town in the crowd.
What noise, what passion and how proud I felt to be part of it.
This is starting to be the best for a long long time.

Don't worry mate , flash was calling it a day about the sametime , he said he was tired when infact he was totally trollied ,he can't remember dancing at the Taverners or singing 'up the mariners ' on the mic , but what a great weekend .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.