5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Awesome effort from 335 Town fans. Well done all. MB clearly appreciated it in the post match interview.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
topuphere666
November 19, 2016, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Just reading their forum. Lots of praise for how we attacked and pressured them throughout the game. Few fans saying we have been the best footballing side they've played this year and expect us to be up there towards the end of the season.

Onwards and upwards!!
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Great to hear that. I listened to the game on the Plymouth player as MP was playing up for me and they were quite complimentary about us throughout.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
November 19, 2016, 7:24pm
Guest User
Let's see where we are after December. Before Hurst left I thought we had a reasonable chance of back to back promotions. Now we've had this result from MB I admit I am struggling to keep a lid on it. You just can't argue with it, can you?

Very exciting times.
Reply: 13 - 43
Mariner_09
November 19, 2016, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Spoke to lot of Plymouth fans, who all seemed extremely nice people, their overwhelming sentiment was one of happiness at seeing us return to the football league, I bet they aren't as happy to see us back now!

Joking asids, I thought the game probably wasn't a 3-0 game but we should something we failed to display under Hursty, ruthlessness. The goals came at good times, thought the keeper got himself caught in no man's land for the first as it was just a standard loopy ball hung up to back post by Berrett. Second was a great ball by Andrew, has MB finally found a way to get us looking genuinely dangerous from set plays? Omar's header still seemed to take an age to go in! Third goal was just the icing on the cake, keeper again misjudged and Omar capitalised and made sure!

MOM was Gowling, that tackle at one nil was massively crucial, perfectly timed and got it away from goal, he seems to finally have readjusted to the league. Can't remember him misplacing a pass or losing a tackle or header. I also thought Summerfield was excellent, didn't have "a Toto moment" and played some good balls and stuck his foot in well. Plus I thought Berrett's use of the ball was excellent, he just seems so much better as an advanced midfielder of three rather than out wide. Mills looked very assured if uttered exhausted in the last 10 minutes.

Anyway, long, long trip home now but at least it'll be enjoyable after three brilliant points at the league leaders. Bring on Carlisle

UTM

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
ginnywings
November 19, 2016, 7:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner_09
Spoke to lot of Plymouth fans, who all seemed extremely nice people, their overwhelming sentiment was one of happiness at seeing us return to the football league, I bet they aren't as happy to see us back now!

Joking asids, I thought the game probably wasn't a 3-0 game but we should something we failed to display under Hursty, ruthlessness. The goals came at good times, thought the keeper got himself caught in no man's land for the first as it was just a standard loopy ball hung up to back post by Berrett. Second was a great ball by Andrew, has MB finally found a way to get us looking genuinely dangerous from set plays? Omar's header still seemed to take an age to go in! Third goal was just the icing on the cake, keeper again misjudged and Omar capitalised and made sure!

MOM was Gowling, that tackle at one nil was massively crucial, perfectly timed and got it away from goal, he seems to finally have readjusted to the league. Can't remember him misplacing a pass or losing a tackle or header. I also thought Summerfield was excellent, didn't have "a Toto moment" and played some good balls and stuck his foot in well. Plus I thought Berrett's use of the ball was excellent, he just seems so much better as an advanced midfielder of three rather than out wide. Mills looked very assured if uttered exhausted in the last 10 minutes.

Anyway, long, long trip home now but at least it'll be enjoyable after three brilliant points at the league leaders. Bring on Carlisle

UTM

According to the BBC sport site, it was Josh Gosling and the win saw us move into 7th place and a play off spot. The BBC used to be so accurate.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
GYinScuntland
November 19, 2016, 9:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Back at the b&b far too early but hit my wall as been up since 3am, getting far too old for post match partying.
Is it just me or did Town totally boss that one?
Never felt the result was in doubt on the day and Plymouth are certainly no mugs.
I can't believe there were only 300 odd town in the crowd.
What noise, what passion and how proud I felt to be part of it.
This is starting to be the best for a long long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
hampshiremariner
November 19, 2016, 9:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
What a brilliant result. Always expect the unexpected with GTFC. It really is a great relief to be out of that awful, terrible Conference. Please God, our great club never finds itself there again.
Whenever we have a good striker/CF we always do well -Ron Rafferty, Matt Tees, Super Jackie Lester and now Omar (who can only get better).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
louth_in_the_south
November 19, 2016, 10:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Got a bad feeling we might not have mr bogle at gtfc for long . If he keeps up this form there's bound to be offers in January.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
Les Brechin
November 19, 2016, 10:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Got a bad feeling we might not have mr bogle at gtfc for long . If he keeps up this form there's bound to be offers in January.

Well Marcus persuaded Omar to stay on at Solihull for another season when we first came knocking. Hopefully he'll be able to persuade Omar to stay here if anyone comes in for him in January.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.