Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Donny.

This thread currently has 9,402 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
November 18, 2016, 5:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
We have 3000 tickets. I really can't see anyone missing out who wants to go.

We never sell quite as many as expected and there's always people selling spare tickets leading up to the game too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
Teesknees
November 18, 2016, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from WetFlannel
Does anybody know what a hypothetical maximum allocation would be? The sorts they would give to clubs like Leeds and Sheff Wednesday when they were in the Championship. Not saying we'd need it but knowing it could certainly help alleviate some worries. The North Stand holds 3,400 but I don't know if they ever give any of the West/East that are closest to it.

Taken from their web site...

Away fans are located in the Case Construction North Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 3,344 fans can be accommodated. If demand requires it then a portion of the East Stand can also be allocated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
chaos33
November 18, 2016, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Hagrid
Season ticket holders deserve priority, it may seem harsh to long distance mariners, but its the way it is so just get on with it? 3000 tickets im sure if we sell out we will get more, no need to panic

If the allocation is big and we can get more if we want, why not just put them all on general sale and eliminate the discrimination.

How to make a simple thing unnecessarily complicated, and alienate some of your own fans at the same time.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

Then what is the point of being a member?  

I assume that you are suggesting that the only point of being a member of The Mariners Trust is to go get a chance of getting an away match ticket after season tickets and stub holders?

I think the Trust ethos may have passed you by somewhat
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
WetFlannel
November 18, 2016, 7:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I agree that ST holders deserve priority, but I think we put the ST period too long, which drives down demand and makes opportunities at more tickets less likely. If they made it about 3 days, then most ST holders who want to go could get tickets sorted in that time, then a few more days where it's ST+MT, so other ST holders can still get them, alongside MT members. Then general sale, meaning that there is general sale sooner, and we will quickly have a clearer image of how many will be sold in total, and be able to apply/not apply for more from teams based on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
OllieGTFC
November 18, 2016, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Donny end it is then ( if we do sell out that is )

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
arryarryarry
November 18, 2016, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid

why not? means i can sit with all my friends and family now which for me is a bonus, only me and my old man are St holders, have a brother with a disability, we normally have to wait for our tickets as ususally 1 on 1 basis isnt it, but this occasion can get all 3 together and some for friends, good decision by the club

Phew, I can sleep soundly knowing that you are alright.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
sydney
November 18, 2016, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
So as trust members we have to wait 10 days plus for season ticket holders and those lucky enough to live local and get to a Tuesday night game to have first pick for Donny, such small mindedness and inward looking and ill thought through plans that keep this club from moving forward. Trust membership is obviously not as valued as we had been led to believe.
When will the club wake up to the fact it has hundreds of exiles all over the country who attend numerous away games but can't get to as many home games as they would like.
Terrible planning town, please someone in the know pass this onto club
Thanks
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
Hagrid
November 18, 2016, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from arryarryarry

Phew, I can sleep soundly knowing that you are alright.

Yeah same! Great isnt it, if only we had another 2992 tickets ..... get a grip man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from sydney
So as trust members we have to wait 10 days plus for season ticket holders and those lucky enough to live local and get to a Tuesday night game to have first pick for Donny, such small mindedness and inward looking and ill thought through plans that keep this club from moving forward. Trust membership is obviously not as valued as we had been led to believe.
When will the club wake up to the fact it has hundreds of exiles all over the country who attend numerous away games but can't get to as many home games as they would like.
Terrible planning town, please someone in the know pass this onto club
Thanks
Come on Town!!

The point many seem to be making regarding the pecking order for tickets should not come as any surprise, the process is clearly set out in the clubs 'customer charter' and has been the case for some time. It has certainly been the order for the last 4 or 5 years whenever away tickets have been potentially an issue ( I don't actually think they are for Donny)

It may not help exiles much, I accept, but from the clubs point of view they are helping the people who buy season tickets and then who buy home tickets. As harsh as it may seem to some surely that is sound business sense?

The way forward is for some sort of loyalty scheme whereby if you are a Trust member, buy merchandise and/or tickets then you get points for each transaction. I suspect that is someway off because of the cost of Implementing and then administrating such a scheme?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.