Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Donny.

This thread currently has 9,390 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 18, 2016, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bigdog
November 18, 2016, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What a convoluted and ill thought out process for such a large allocation..

From the OS

Ticket allocation

Tickets will go on priority sale to season ticket holders from Monday 28th November. Season ticket holders can purchase 4 tickets per season ticket held. Please note that season ticket books MUST be presented when purchasing/collecting. Tickets will not be issued to those who do not bring the season ticket books when purchasing or collecting tickets

Following this, those in possession of a Carlisle United stub from Tuesday 22nd November, can purchase tickets from Monday 5th December, subject to availability. Please note that stub holders can purchase two tickets per stub held. Those wishing to use a Carlisle United stub must present it when purchasing/collecting.

Mariners Trust members and those in possession of a Portsmouth ticket can then purchase Doncaster Rovers tickets from Thursday 8th December, subject to availability. Trust members and Portsmouth ticket holders can purchase two tickets per membership/ticket. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale from Monday 12th December.

Postage options are available at £1 for standard 1st class (un-tracked), £2 recorded or £6.75 guaranteed next day delivery. There will be no postals after 3pm on Tuesday 13th December.

So our 3000 season ticket holders can buy four each. Say the first 750 take this up, then season ticket holders miss out.

So season ticket holders etc have two weeks to purchase their tickets. Non-season ticket holding exiles have a day and a half to order theirs.

Agree with priority to season ticket holders, Trust members and stub holders, but seems a bit skewed too far in their favour for this one. With general sale starting very late, it leaves little leeway for asking for more tickets. A game like this could attract the floating fan too and if impressed with the team and atmosphere could be swayed to becoming more of a regular attender.

The club don't half make it difficult sometimes when it doesn't need to be.

PS Not everyone can afford season tickets, or even go as regular as they like due to finances or distance. It doesn't make them any less of a fan of GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
Hagrid
November 18, 2016, 3:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Season ticket holders deserve priority, it may seem harsh to long distance mariners, but its the way it is so just get on with it? 3000 tickets im sure if we sell out we will get more, no need to panic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2016, 3:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
Season ticket holders deserve priority, it may seem harsh to long distance mariners, but its the way it is so just get on with it? 3000 tickets im sure if we sell out we will get more, no need to panic

Agree but do STH (I am one BTW) deserve 4 tickets for every season ticket held?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
Simariner
November 18, 2016, 3:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Don't the club do a monthly payment scheme at the beginning of the season for ST's?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Really don't see the problem. The allocation is more than enough and  those that want them will get them.
By allowing 4 per STH just makes it easier to distribute them and keeps serving times down.
The days before Mansfield Facebook & Twitter was full of people with spare tickets

Some just like to moan
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
moosey_club
November 18, 2016, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Bigdog
What a convoluted and ill thought out process for such a large allocation..

From the OS

Ticket allocation

Tickets will go on priority sale to season ticket holders from Monday 28th November. Season ticket holders can purchase 4 tickets per season ticket held. Please note that season ticket books MUST be presented when purchasing/collecting. Tickets will not be issued to those who do not bring the season ticket books when purchasing or collecting tickets

Following this, those in possession of a Carlisle United stub from Tuesday 22nd November, can purchase tickets from Monday 5th December, subject to availability. Please note that stub holders can purchase two tickets per stub held. Those wishing to use a Carlisle United stub must present it when purchasing/collecting.

Mariners Trust members and those in possession of a Portsmouth ticket can then purchase Doncaster Rovers tickets from Thursday 8th December, subject to availability. Trust members and Portsmouth ticket holders can purchase two tickets per membership/ticket. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale from Monday 12th December.

Postage options are available at £1 for standard 1st class (un-tracked), £2 recorded or £6.75 guaranteed next day delivery. There will be no postals after 3pm on Tuesday 13th December.

So our 3000 season ticket holders can buy four each. Say the first 750 take this up, then season ticket holders miss out.

So season ticket holders etc have two weeks to purchase their tickets. Non-season ticket holding exiles have a day and a half to order theirs.

Agree with priority to season ticket holders, Trust members and stub holders, but seems a bit skewed too far in their favour for this one. With general sale starting very late, it leaves little leeway for asking for more tickets. A game like this could attract the floating fan too and if impressed with the team and atmosphere could be swayed to becoming more of a regular attender.

The club don't half make it difficult sometimes when it doesn't need to be.

PS Not everyone can afford season tickets, or even go as regular as they like due to finances or distance. It doesn't make them any less of a fan of GTFC.

....I think i have it worked out...........is it Dusty Bin !?!?!  

Where are you when we need you FFS ?

and again....Trust members are pushed back down the queue behind stub holders.....broken promises surely ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

....I think i have it worked out...........is it Dusty Bin !?!?!  

Where are you when we need you FFS ?

and again....Trust members are pushed back down the queue behind stub holders.....broken promises surely ?

No, exactly has it has been since the Trust's rebirth
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
Hagrid
November 18, 2016, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree but do STH (I am one BTW) deserve 4 tickets for every season ticket held?  

why not? means i can sit with all my friends and family now which for me is a bonus, only me and my old man are St holders, have a brother with a disability, we normally have to wait for our tickets as ususally 1 on 1 basis isnt it, but this occasion can get all 3 together and some for friends, good decision by the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
Tangerine Chris
November 18, 2016, 4:19pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from Cloudy

No, exactly has it has been since the Trust's rebirth

Then what is the point of being a member?  

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
diehardmariner
November 18, 2016, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
4 tickets per season ticket holder is ridiculous.    I say this as a season ticket holder too.  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2016, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

why not? means i can sit with all my friends and family now which for me is a bonus, only me and my old man are St holders, have a brother with a disability, we normally have to wait for our tickets as ususally 1 on 1 basis isnt it, but this occasion can get all 3 together and some for friends, good decision by the club

Because it's not fair on those that turn up each week and can't afford to pay for a season ticket in one go.

Pleased that you can sit with your family and the next comment clearly does not apply to you/them but why should a "big game hunter" (or three) who possibly goes a few times a year and on Boxing Day benefit from one of his mates having a season ticket ahead of someone who goes each week but did not have the cash to shell out in one go.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
Jaws
November 18, 2016, 5:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
No mention of stubs from away games between now and then? Are these fans not loyal?

Not an exile but very harsh to them, especially having a day to get a ticket also.

To be honest, the whole set-up seems very draconian for such a big allocation. It's clear that the ticket office cannot cope. The ticketing system and staffing levels doesn't seem to have changed in 20 years.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2016, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jaws
No mention of stubs from away games between now and then? Are these fans not loyal?

Not an exile but very harsh to them, especially having a day to get a ticket also.

To be honest, the whole set-up seems very draconian for such a big allocation. It's clear that the ticket office cannot cope. The ticketing system and staffing levels doesn't seem to have changed in 20 years.

I just wonder who actually makes the rules? Spoke to Steve a couple of times over the years and got the impression that the strange ideas that we have seen where not his,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
GrimRob
November 18, 2016, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The 12:30 KO is bound to put off a few, no need to panic

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 63
LH
November 18, 2016, 5:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
I highly doubt all STHs will use all four of their individual allocation so why not start a thread for anyone who either has the ability to get people tickets or those that need them?

It is a crazy decision from the club though - especially after Mansfield and the loyal fans missing out because people thought getting groundhopping oddballs tickets was a better idea...
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
Bigdog
November 18, 2016, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
Really don't see the problem. The allocation is more than enough and  those that want them will get them.
By allowing 4 per STH just makes it easier to distribute them and keeps serving times down.
The days before Mansfield Facebook & Twitter was full of people with spare tickets

Some just like to moan

For what it's worth Cloudy, due to recent life events, there isn't a cat in hell's chance of me getting to the Donny game. I only posted thinking of others whose lives are not as easy or straightforward as some. I just thought there were certain inequities in there that the club could improve upon to make things easier for everyone, so as many Town fans that want to get to the game can do without a last minute scramble for tickets or travel arrangements, or tenterhooks waiting to see if we get more tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
WetFlannel
November 18, 2016, 5:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Does anybody know what a hypothetical maximum allocation would be? The sorts they would give to clubs like Leeds and Sheff Wednesday when they were in the Championship. Not saying we'd need it but knowing it could certainly help alleviate some worries. The North Stand holds 3,400 but I don't know if they ever give any of the West/East that are closest to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
headingly_mariner
November 18, 2016, 5:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
This is practically the only benefit of having a season ticket. Such a faff if it's one for one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
Jaws
November 18, 2016, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
This is practically the only benefit of having a season ticket. Such a faff if it's one for one.

Did you work in the clubs PR department when season tickets were on sale?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
Tommy
November 18, 2016, 5:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
We have 3000 tickets. I really can't see anyone missing out who wants to go.

We never sell quite as many as expected and there's always people selling spare tickets leading up to the game too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
Teesknees
November 18, 2016, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from WetFlannel
Does anybody know what a hypothetical maximum allocation would be? The sorts they would give to clubs like Leeds and Sheff Wednesday when they were in the Championship. Not saying we'd need it but knowing it could certainly help alleviate some worries. The North Stand holds 3,400 but I don't know if they ever give any of the West/East that are closest to it.

Taken from their web site...

Away fans are located in the Case Construction North Stand at one end of the stadium, where around 3,344 fans can be accommodated. If demand requires it then a portion of the East Stand can also be allocated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
chaos33
November 18, 2016, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Hagrid

If the allocation is big and we can get more if we want, why not just put them all on general sale and eliminate the discrimination.

How to make a simple thing unnecessarily complicated, and alienate some of your own fans at the same time.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

Then what is the point of being a member?  

I assume that you are suggesting that the only point of being a member of The Mariners Trust is to go get a chance of getting an away match ticket after season tickets and stub holders?

I think the Trust ethos may have passed you by somewhat
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
WetFlannel
November 18, 2016, 7:59pm
Snakebite drinker
I agree that ST holders deserve priority, but I think we put the ST period too long, which drives down demand and makes opportunities at more tickets less likely. If they made it about 3 days, then most ST holders who want to go could get tickets sorted in that time, then a few more days where it's ST+MT, so other ST holders can still get them, alongside MT members. Then general sale, meaning that there is general sale sooner, and we will quickly have a clearer image of how many will be sold in total, and be able to apply/not apply for more from teams based on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
OllieGTFC
November 18, 2016, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Donny end it is then ( if we do sell out that is )

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
arryarryarry
November 18, 2016, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid

Phew, I can sleep soundly knowing that you are alright.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
sydney
November 18, 2016, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
So as trust members we have to wait 10 days plus for season ticket holders and those lucky enough to live local and get to a Tuesday night game to have first pick for Donny, such small mindedness and inward looking and ill thought through plans that keep this club from moving forward. Trust membership is obviously not as valued as we had been led to believe.
When will the club wake up to the fact it has hundreds of exiles all over the country who attend numerous away games but can't get to as many home games as they would like.
Terrible planning town, please someone in the know pass this onto club
Thanks
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
Hagrid
November 18, 2016, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Phew, I can sleep soundly knowing that you are alright.

Yeah same! Great isnt it, if only we had another 2992 tickets ..... get a grip man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
Cloudy
November 18, 2016, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from sydney
So as trust members we have to wait 10 days plus for season ticket holders and those lucky enough to live local and get to a Tuesday night game to have first pick for Donny, such small mindedness and inward looking and ill thought through plans that keep this club from moving forward. Trust membership is obviously not as valued as we had been led to believe.
When will the club wake up to the fact it has hundreds of exiles all over the country who attend numerous away games but can't get to as many home games as they would like.
Terrible planning town, please someone in the know pass this onto club
Thanks
Come on Town!!

The point many seem to be making regarding the pecking order for tickets should not come as any surprise, the process is clearly set out in the clubs 'customer charter' and has been the case for some time. It has certainly been the order for the last 4 or 5 years whenever away tickets have been potentially an issue ( I don't actually think they are for Donny)

It may not help exiles much, I accept, but from the clubs point of view they are helping the people who buy season tickets and then who buy home tickets. As harsh as it may seem to some surely that is sound business sense?

The way forward is for some sort of loyalty scheme whereby if you are a Trust member, buy merchandise and/or tickets then you get points for each transaction. I suspect that is someway off because of the cost of Implementing and then administrating such a scheme?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
promotion plaice
November 18, 2016, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
I'm a season ticket holder as well and I don't attend away games anymore ( could be tempted to go to Donny though ), seems a little unfair though on non STH that we can get 4 tickets before them, although in this instance it sounds like it won't be an issue.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
LH
November 18, 2016, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
So exiles should be able to get first dibs on away tickets for Donny away (therefore filling their coffers) because they've spent money filling every other clubs coffers all season but not Town's? Have I got that right?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
arryarryarry
November 18, 2016, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid

Yeah same! Great isnt it, if only we had another 2992 tickets ..... get a grip man

Oh dear, don't you know when someone is taking the urine.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
chaos33
November 18, 2016, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

The point many seem to be making regarding the pecking order for tickets should not come as any surprise, the process is clearly set out in the clubs 'customer charter' and has been the case for some time. It has certainly been the order for the last 4 or 5 years whenever away tickets have been potentially an issue ( I don't actually think they are for Donny)

It may not help exiles much, I accept, but from the clubs point of view they are helping the people who buy season tickets and then who buy home tickets. As harsh as it may seem to some surely that is sound business sense?

The way forward is for some sort of loyalty scheme whereby if you are a Trust member, buy merchandise and/or tickets then you get points for each transaction. I suspect that is someway off because of the cost of Implementing and then administrating such a scheme?

If tickets aren't limited and we can effectively have as many as we can sell,then how is it sound business sense to carve the whole thing up and attach different importance and privilege to groups of supporters ? If we had a demand that outstripped supply then we'd need some sort of scheme, but what is the point of this Donny shambles?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
topuphere666
November 18, 2016, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
I'm not a ST holder because I play on a Saturday. I get to as many home/away games as possible. Home games are around a 100mild round trip. I really want to go to the Donny game.. if any ST holder feels like sharing early Xmas spirit I would be grateful for some help to secure a ticket... money can be transferred etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
Grim74
November 18, 2016, 11:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Any outsider reading this forum would think we was a Premiership club, FFS we have some right drama queens! anyone who wants to go to donny will get a ticket, end of thread.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
sydney
November 18, 2016, 11:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Approval: +1,009
Premiership Fans..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 18, 2016, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

The idea of a loyalty scheme was mooted yonks ago (maybe even on the old Electronic Fishcake). Not the difficult to do and not expensive to administer either.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
WetFlannel
November 19, 2016, 12:06am
Snakebite drinker
Loyalty scheme would be really easy to implement, and works for clubs like Man Utd who sell out every away game, it would be foolish not to look into it. Give season ticket holders points right off the bat, and trust members a smaller number, then add extra on for each away game attended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2016, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from WetFlannel
Loyalty scheme would be really easy to implement, and works for clubs like Man Utd who sell out every away game, it would be foolish not to look into it. Give season ticket holders points right off the bat, and trust members a smaller number, then add extra on for each away game attended.

Would be better awarding points for spending money with GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
WetFlannel
November 19, 2016, 1:28am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Would be better awarding points for spending money with GTFC.

That's obviously something people want to see but it's not relevant to away games. Clubs who have loyalty schemes don't think 'oh he's never gone to an away game but bought a replica shirt', its about rewarding people who go to multiple away games. By logging away games attended it rewards people who attend away games regularly, making people more likely to go to whatever games they can and be the 12th man that makes a difference. Otherwise it becomes a mess of varying factors. Reward ST/MT with points, and in addition to that add points per away game attended. Simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 63
highcliff mariner
November 19, 2016, 5:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
4 tkts per season tkt ? As others have said ,why should 3 possibly once or twice per season  attendees ? Be able to jump in front of Trust members and stub holders .
Also been said but I don't see us selling out anyway .

Our usual group have 3 STs between us so not a prob for us , in my opinion 2 tkts per holder is fairer .

Right I'm off to Devon ! UTM
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
mariner83
November 19, 2016, 6:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
I'm sure if people asked nicely, there will be STH who won't be buying their full allowance who would be happy to assist non STH in securing a ticket.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 63
Civvy at last
November 19, 2016, 7:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
How about an 'away' season ticket. You pay say £20 - £25 at the beginning of the season.
You then get first dibs on away tickets. That money would go to Our club.  The exiles would be contributing a few quid and get a chance to get to Mansfield, Notts County and the like.

On this particular occasion I think it should be two per season ticket holder as opposed to four.
I have a sneaky suspicion the club have said four to make non ST holders go to the Carlisle match as they worry there may not be Donny tickets left !!  Myself, I believe that all fans that want a ticket will get one 😄

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
scoregasm
November 19, 2016, 9:24am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +148
I honestly can not see what the panic is. Many season ticket holders never go to away games ,includiing my old man and his friends all in their 80's, it's boxing day times have changed and quite a few of us have to work. The other question is when was the last time we took 3k plus away in the league?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
barralad
November 19, 2016, 9:48am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from scoregasm
I honestly can not see what the panic is. Many seasoItsn ticket holders never go to away games ,includiing my old man and his friends all in their 80's, it's boxing day times have changed and quite a few of us have to work. The other question is when was the last time we took 3k plus away in the league?

Its not Boxing Day

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
Les Brechin
November 19, 2016, 9:51am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from scoregasm
I honestly can not see what the panic is. Many season ticket holders never go to away games ,includiing my old man and his friends all in their 80's, it's boxing day times have changed and quite a few of us have to work. The other question is when was the last time we took 3k plus away in the league?

Not unless they've moved Boxing Day forward a week or so this year.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
scoregasm
November 19, 2016, 11:45am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +148
Ok so I got the date wrong, just got home from a 13 hour shift that's my excuse and sticking to it lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 63
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from scoregasm

I don't think there is a panic. Just a few folk wondering why we need to make a faff out of something that ought to be fairly simple.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 63
Bigdog
November 19, 2016, 1:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

I don't think there is a panic. Just a few folk wondering why we need to make a faff out of something that ought to be fairly simple.

That's all I was trying to say in post two which sparked this debate that went off in tangents. For some it will be really easy and have plenty of time to get as many tickets as they want. Others will have much less time to get them and more hassle. Just thought the timings could have been evened out a bit to make it easier all round rather creating a rush for some and also the club in the final week when we've got more than three weeks to sell them. No real qualms about the pecking order, Trust apart. I actually think we've got a chance of selling the full allocation and may need a few more. 2.3k to Notts County which was not looked forward to as eagerly as Donny. I think everyone who wants a ticket will get one, no panic, but as Chaos says the club always seem to make a faff out of these things for some people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
Abdul19
November 19, 2016, 1:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
I can see why they've not bothered setting up a loyalty system - how many away games do we sell out? 1 or 2 a season at most.

(Did we even sell out for Mansfield? I'm sure there was some empty seats near me? (although I do smell a bit))

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2016, 3:59pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from WetFlannel

That's obviously something people want to see but it's not relevant to away games. Clubs who have loyalty schemes don't think 'oh he's never gone to an away game but bought a replica shirt', its about rewarding people who go to multiple away games. By logging away games attended it rewards people who attend away games regularly, making people more likely to go to whatever games they can and be the 12th man that makes a difference. Otherwise it becomes a mess of varying factors. Reward ST/MT with points, and in addition to that add points per away game attended. Simple.

Well speaking as someone who attends many more away games than home games, it is relevant. Relevant to the club's finances. I'm still going to go to the away games I can get to. Most ticket only away games I can get a ticket through being a Trust member.

Simplicity can be preserved by giving everyone an account. Quote your number/swipe your card every time you buy S/T, merchandise, home tickets, away tickets bought through GTFC. The more the ££ the more points you get. As that irritating Russian rodent says: Simples.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
Jaws
November 19, 2016, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Main problem for me is the 4 to 1 ratio. In theory 75% can be people who don't attend regularly.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
moosey_club
November 19, 2016, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from chaos33

In a nutshell.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
mariner83
November 19, 2016, 7:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Jaws
Main problem for me is the 4 to 1 ratio. In theory 75% can be people who don't attend regularly.

Who's to say they don't attend regularly? they may go to a lot of home games but take advantage of a friend/family member having a ST to secure a ticket or guarantee being sat together.

Although I do think 2:1 is plenty.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
KK_DOG
November 19, 2016, 7:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
More importantly, I would actually like to sit in a seat at Donny but I guess that because most will want to stand I will find myself standing as well so I can see. I don't suppose there is any way round this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
topuphere666
November 19, 2016, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
God old Donny won me £157 today with their last minute winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
Belfast Town
November 19, 2016, 7:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
We will sell our allocation, of that I have no doubt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
Mariner_09
November 19, 2016, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Depends, if we lose a couple of games, which is perfectly possible there will a few knocked off but if we win our next few games we will be right up there as we will have beaten teams around us.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
WetFlannel
November 19, 2016, 8:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from KK_DOG
More importantly, I would actually like to sit in a seat at Donny but I guess that because most will want to stand I will find myself standing as well so I can see. I don't suppose there is any way round this.

Get seats at the bottom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2016, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Well speaking as someone who attends many more away games than home games, it is relevant. Relevant to the club's finances. I'm still going to go to the away games I can get to. Most ticket only away games I can get a ticket through being a Trust member.

Simplicity can be preserved by giving everyone an account. Quote your number/swipe your card every time you buy S/T, merchandise, home tickets, away tickets bought through GTFC. The more the ££ the more points you get. As that irritating Russian rodent says: Simples.

Agree!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
All ideas are worth considering when supply is limited and demand outstrips it, but when there's more than enough for everyone who might want to go, just put them on general sale! All supporters are treated fairly and everyone feels valued and united. THAT, is 'simples'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
Stadium
November 19, 2016, 9:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Quoted from Abdul19
I can see why they've not bothered setting up a loyalty system - how many away games do we sell out? 1 or 2 a season at most.

(Did we even sell out for Mansfield? I'm sure there was some empty seats near me? (although I do smell a bit))

This in a nutshell.
Worst case scenario, sit in the home end if your desperate.
We're not exactly rivals
Fuss about nothing.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
Stadium
November 19, 2016, 9:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924

Any other clubs use that model?
Doubtful.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.