Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Donny.

This thread currently has 9,391 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 18, 2016, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
I'm a season ticket holder as well and I don't attend away games anymore ( could be tempted to go to Donny though ), seems a little unfair though on non STH that we can get 4 tickets before them, although in this instance it sounds like it won't be an issue.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
LH
November 18, 2016, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
So exiles should be able to get first dibs on away tickets for Donny away (therefore filling their coffers) because they've spent money filling every other clubs coffers all season but not Town's? Have I got that right?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
arryarryarry
November 18, 2016, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid

Yeah same! Great isnt it, if only we had another 2992 tickets ..... get a grip man

Oh dear, don't you know when someone is taking the urine.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
chaos33
November 18, 2016, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Cloudy

The point many seem to be making regarding the pecking order for tickets should not come as any surprise, the process is clearly set out in the clubs 'customer charter' and has been the case for some time. It has certainly been the order for the last 4 or 5 years whenever away tickets have been potentially an issue ( I don't actually think they are for Donny)

It may not help exiles much, I accept, but from the clubs point of view they are helping the people who buy season tickets and then who buy home tickets. As harsh as it may seem to some surely that is sound business sense?

The way forward is for some sort of loyalty scheme whereby if you are a Trust member, buy merchandise and/or tickets then you get points for each transaction. I suspect that is someway off because of the cost of Implementing and then administrating such a scheme?

If tickets aren't limited and we can effectively have as many as we can sell,then how is it sound business sense to carve the whole thing up and attach different importance and privilege to groups of supporters ? If we had a demand that outstripped supply then we'd need some sort of scheme, but what is the point of this Donny shambles?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
topuphere666
November 18, 2016, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I'm not a ST holder because I play on a Saturday. I get to as many home/away games as possible. Home games are around a 100mild round trip. I really want to go to the Donny game.. if any ST holder feels like sharing early Xmas spirit I would be grateful for some help to secure a ticket... money can be transferred etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
Grim74
November 18, 2016, 11:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Any outsider reading this forum would think we was a Premiership club, FFS we have some right drama queens! anyone who wants to go to donny will get a ticket, end of thread.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
sydney
November 18, 2016, 11:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Premiership Fans..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 18, 2016, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

The point many seem to be making regarding the pecking order for tickets should not come as any surprise, the process is clearly set out in the clubs 'customer charter' and has been the case for some time. It has certainly been the order for the last 4 or 5 years whenever away tickets have been potentially an issue ( I don't actually think they are for Donny)

It may not help exiles much, I accept, but from the clubs point of view they are helping the people who buy season tickets and then who buy home tickets. As harsh as it may seem to some surely that is sound business sense?

The way forward is for some sort of loyalty scheme whereby if you are a Trust member, buy merchandise and/or tickets then you get points for each transaction. I suspect that is someway off because of the cost of Implementing and then administrating such a scheme?

The idea of a loyalty scheme was mooted yonks ago (maybe even on the old Electronic Fishcake). Not the difficult to do and not expensive to administer either.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
WetFlannel
November 19, 2016, 12:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Loyalty scheme would be really easy to implement, and works for clubs like Man Utd who sell out every away game, it would be foolish not to look into it. Give season ticket holders points right off the bat, and trust members a smaller number, then add extra on for each away game attended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2016, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WetFlannel
Loyalty scheme would be really easy to implement, and works for clubs like Man Utd who sell out every away game, it would be foolish not to look into it. Give season ticket holders points right off the bat, and trust members a smaller number, then add extra on for each away game attended.

Would be better awarding points for spending money with GTFC.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.