11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
October 26, 2016, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Lincoln fans in general are very envious of us of playing in the top two tiers of English football for over half of our history, in comparison they have spent 2/3 rds of their history in the bottom 2 tiers, Lincoln have 99.9999999999999% of the time been inferior to us, that's got to hurt, bless em.

Lincoln Vital only has about 4 or 5 toothless bell ringers posting on there, raising to 6 or 7 when they play us, but generally they spend most of the day gurning at a mirror hissing at the reflection.

Feels so good to be a Town fan.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ipEn8NL.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 102
ginnywings
October 26, 2016, 11:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
They may well have a comparable catchment area to us but all those outside of the city walls are the descendants of pox plagued one eyed joskins who were banished from the city long ago. If they even saw a football, they would try to eat it or shag it.

It really makes me laugh when they wax lyrical about their city. My other half lived there while she did her uni course, so i spent a fair bit of time over there. Apart from Bailgate and the Cathedral, which is truly magnificent, it's fairly mediocre otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
dapperz fun pub
October 27, 2016, 12:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,955
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings
They may well have a comparable catchment area to us but all those outside of the city walls are the descendants of pox plagued one eyed joskins who were banished from the city long ago. If they even saw a football, they would try to eat it or shag it.

It really makes me laugh when they wax lyrical about their city. My other half lived there while she did her uni course, so i spent a fair bit of time over there. Apart from Bailgate and the Cathedral, which is truly magnificent, it's fairly mediocre otherwise.

Spot on and yet they portray it as some sort of utopia ? It's got all the social problems we've got if not more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
mariner91
October 27, 2016, 8:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Spot on and yet they portray it as some sort of utopia ? It's got all the social problems we've got if not more

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-33788594

But it's a perfect city on the rise. Soon it'll be the equal of London and NYC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
Cloudy
October 27, 2016, 8:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from mariner91

& Peckham
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
kamakazebear
October 27, 2016, 8:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +470
A lot of what they're saying about Crowley and us sounds exactly like what we were saying about Hurst and Shrewsbury last week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 102
diehardmariner
October 27, 2016, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Mariners_15

** And for the benefit of those who believe Grimsby have more potential, let's have a quick look at the relative demographics. The populations are roughly similar, although the City of Lincoln has 6,500 more people than the town of Grimsby; on the other hand, the urban area of Grimsby (including outlying areas) is still marginally larger than Lincoln's (i.e. including North Hykeham) but there isn't a great deal either way. But here is the important bit: the population of Grimsby is falling and has been for some years; the town has an older population than the national average; there is nothing in the town to attract new investment. There are social problems galore, a core industry that has all-but disappeared, a run-down appearance in general, limited educational facilities and much more. By contrast the population of Lincoln is growing (plus seasonal influx from students); it has a younger population than the national average. It has a university bringing young people and investment to the city in droves. It is a very attractive city on the whole - just look at the view from the executive boxes at Sincil Bank for starters. Lincoln is getting better and better all the time, and is a stark contrast to the city I left a third of a century ago. These gaps will continue to widen. Where would you sooner be?

I'm sure those issues will be high on the list of considerations for any potential managers.  Well behind the minor issues of salary and position in the football ladder.  Remember when Pep turned down Manchester City because of the crack problem on Moss Side.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
ginnywings
October 27, 2016, 9:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mariner91

Doesn't count as it's only an estimate, not a real head count.  

How do you get a job as a druggie head counter?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
RoboCod
October 27, 2016, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from kamakazebear
A lot of what they're saying about Crowley and us sounds exactly like what we were saying about Hurst and Shrewsbury last week

Up to a point, though Shrewsbury look to have done an 'unsettling' job on Hurst and clearly made their intentions known to him before last weekend. The usual arguments ensued between the two sets of fans as we were accused of belittling them and they responded in kind. Par for the course really.

Difference is that the bookies put Cowleys name in the headlines, there has been no approach from Town. But enough ammunition for the Vital mob to constantly shoot themselves in the foot with error ridden claims about Town and their own sorrowful history.

I do think Cowleys video statement was genuine myself, so I give credit to him for that, a nice touch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
PPMariner
October 27, 2016, 10:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Braintree have collapsed, and Lincoln somewhat morphed the other way, since the Cowley influence was removed/introduced.*

If Adkins proves to be merely the stuff of my dreams; I'd be happy rolling the dice with this ambitious pair.

*I know nothing of the story, bar Arnold and the table, behind either season - as we're now in the league 😜. Therefore, perhaps not well placed to judge how much credit goes to them...

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln city

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.