HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from paramariner
You are right, that's why we volunteer our help, but MUST obey rules, and just to make it clear, we are fans just like you and wouldn't want anyone to suffer, we all questioned why the ref didn't call us as soon as he saw the injury. UTM

When you are a volunteer you are an easy target, so I would not take the "opinions" too much to hart. All I would say is from where I was sat from the time Ash went down it looked like there was a lack of communication but I am sure you will do the paperwork and review what happened?

I knew it was bad as Dave Moore came on and usually it needs to be a near death incident for that to happen!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
essexexile
October 1, 2016, 10:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Think Ash is more influential than given credit for, now that Dis is out of the side and not holding things together
Tombola doesn't carry the ball through midfield like Ash and set up stuff for others
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Davec
October 2, 2016, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I thought the response from the stretcher bearers was shambolic. It was clear from the outset that it was a serious injury and several players including Dave Moore and Ben Davies signalled immediately for the stretcher, but the stretcher bearers didn't react, I sit in the main stand and a few of them weren't even paying attention! Even if you need to wait for the referee to signal you could have stood on the touchline waiting? I then saw the ref signal several times before you reacted, when you did finally react it you just walked on at a slow leisurely pace, somebody said that they walked on slowly so they weren't too tired to carry him off! That's ridiculous, if a stretcher bearer isn't fit enough to jog onto the pitch and carry a player off then why are they doing it?

I note the point that you are volunteers which is very commendable but that doesn't excuse the slow reaction yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
golfer
October 2, 2016, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from paramariner
Well if you had any common sense or first aid knowledge you would know that if run you be knackered and maybe unable to do the thing your sent on for.

What a load of rubbish. The medical team had already been given permission to go onto the pitch when Dave Moore was signalled on. I believe that Dave Moore is the person in charge of medical procedures not the referee. Dave Moore signalled at least 3 times for a stretcher. Your job is to follow the instructions of Dave Moore not the referee. If the referee signalled for the player to be stretchered off and Dave Moore said he couldn't be moved then he wouldn't be moved. Full Stop. I suggest that Grimsby Town get an update on recommended procedures and that staff are informed thoroughly whether they are volunteers or not . As you know speed is an important factor in most emergencies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
FishOutOfWater
October 2, 2016, 11:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from golfer

I suggest that Grimsby Town get an update on recommended procedures and that staff are informed thoroughly whether they are volunteers or not .

Hope I've got my facts right but wasn't this addressed recently when the employment status of Mighty Mariner was under scrutiny? 😉

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 26
paramariner
October 2, 2016, 2:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Well thanks for all the slagging off. If you really believe we couldn't be bothered then I despair. Clearly there was a lack of communication, no one would argue with that and certainly it should never happen again. Incidentally the green bag just contained dressings which Dave has anyway.
Btw we are not there for the crowd at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
MuddyWaters
October 2, 2016, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from paramariner
Well thanks for all the slagging off. If you really believe we couldn't be bothered then I despair. Clearly there was a lack of communication, no one would argue with that and certainly it should never happen again. Incidentally the green bag just contained dressings which Dave has anyway.
Btw we are not there for the crowd at all.

Sorry Para, I know Blundell Park is not the Bernabeu but it was clear from Lower Youngs that Ash was in a bad way and the amount of time taken to get to him seemed like forever. It really had a look of Fred Karnows Circus about it.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's Match & Performance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.