Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Laddy89, October 1, 2016, 5:16pm
From what I've seen so far this season...

The squad has some really good players. But sometimes I don't understand PH and his thought process.

3-0 down at home, 74th minute he finally decides to make some changes. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Vose out on the left isn't working. Reason being he hasn't got a left foot.

Summerfield is very very average. Berrett or Dis should be in there.

Good points;

Collins is class. Comley is a player. Bogle is on top form. Fans seem all in all happy.

Chambers has a nasty gash on his inner thigh and is in A&E getting that sorted as we speak.

What are your thoughts on the team and my thoughts?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 5:59pm; Reply: 1
The game was up at 3-0. I don't think it would have made much difference at that point who we brought on or took off. Thought there might be a change at half time but PH is always the cautious type. We very rarely go gung-ho and rescue a game we are trailing in. Come from behind wins are elusive at BP.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, October 1, 2016, 6:12pm; Reply: 2
Thought he'd broken Chambers leg so that's actually good news.

If they're are any of the stretcher bearers reading the fishy maybe you could practice running rather than just dawdling like a legless tortoise when you're needed.
Posted by: paramariner, October 1, 2016, 6:22pm; Reply: 3
Well if you had any common sense or first aid knowledge you would know that if run you be knackered and maybe unable to do the thing your sent on for.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 1, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 4
We had a good little spell at the start of  the second half if we had got a goal then the crowd was starting to respond we could have made a game of it. The third goal was brilliantly executed and knocked the stuffing out us.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 1, 2016, 6:25pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from paramariner
Well if you had any common sense or first aid knowledge you would know that if run you be knackered and maybe unable to do the thing your sent on for.

It took them an age to get out their chairs!!! They must have been waved on to the pitch 4 or 5 times before they batted an eyelid?

Very poor response IMO
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, October 1, 2016, 6:27pm; Reply: 6
So you're not fit enough to run a little and then carry a bloke with 3 other people helping?

Very reassuring
Posted by: paramariner, October 1, 2016, 6:57pm; Reply: 7
As one of the stretcher bearers and a qualified paramedic I can tell you that we are supposed to wait for a signal from the referee to let us know and give us permission to enter the field, so you couldn't be more wrong in your assumptions.
Posted by: paramariner, October 1, 2016, 7:01pm; Reply: 8
Just to make it clear, we also do this for free. Wonder how many people you have carried Balthazar
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 1, 2016, 7:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from paramariner
As one of the stretcher bearers and a qualified paramedic I can tell you that we are supposed to wait for a signal from the referee to let us know and give us permission to enter the field, so you couldn't be more wrong in your assumptions.

You were waved on at least 4 times before you even got up. Before that both Ben Davies and Dave Moore urged you on - I always thought that someone's wellbeing was more important than the rules and then to dawdle like you did made things even worse.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 1, 2016, 7:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from paramariner

The response from you and your colleagues was shocking. For all we knew the player could have suffered a life threatening injury and you dawdled on like on a Saturday afternoon stroll. It was frustrating to watch and if you really cannot show any urgency to get to an injured player quickly I would let somebody else do it.
Posted by: paramariner, October 1, 2016, 7:04pm; Reply: 11
Well Codger clearly you know sodomist all, I reiterate, we are told to await the call from the ref and don't have binocular vision.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 1, 2016, 7:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from paramariner
Well Codger clearly you know sodomist all, I reiterate, we are told to await the call from the ref and don't have binocular vision.

Well I know that in my world, someone's health is more important than the the f***ing rules
Posted by: paramariner, October 1, 2016, 7:19pm; Reply: 13
You are right, that's why we volunteer our help, but MUST obey rules, and just to make it clear, we are fans just like you and wouldn't want anyone to suffer, we all questioned why the ref didn't call us as soon as he saw the injury. UTM
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 1, 2016, 7:33pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from paramariner
You are right, that's why we volunteer our help, but MUST obey rules, and just to make it clear, we are fans just like you and wouldn't want anyone to suffer, we all questioned why the ref didn't call us as soon as he saw the injury. UTM

All well and good and I have the greatest respect for volunteers in any field as my working life revolved around them. However, when you did get the call (although really did you need to obey the rules in those circumstances with play stopped and Dave Moore and several players signalling for a stretcher and medical assistance) you walked to the stricken player. Not even a brisk walk, more a stroll.

As it happens, the injury to a fit young footballer wasn't career threatening but what about if an elderly spectator had collapsed in the stands when every second counts?

I was just shocked at the game at the nonchalance of your response, and I think it is something the club should look at.  
Posted by: Kris2, October 1, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from paramariner

Ref gave the signal a very long time before anyone moved at least I'm assuming he wasn't making that X signal with his hands for fun, then 4 people slowly got up and got their stuff stood around for a bit just to make sure they could come on were waved on several more times then proceeded to do the slowest walk imaginable onto the pitch. Good job he wasn't having a heart attack or something.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 1, 2016, 8:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Laddy89

The squad has some really good players. But sometimes I don't understand PH and his thought process.

3-0 down at home, 74th minute he finally decides to make some changes. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Good points;

Collins is class. Not today he wasn't, caught ball watching for the first two goals.Comley is a player I thought the game passed him by today.. Bogle is on top form. Fans seem all in all happy.

Chambers has a nasty gash on his inner thigh and is in A&E getting that sorted as we speak.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2016, 9:16pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Laddy89

Good points;

Collins is class. Comley is a player. Bogle is on top form. Fans seem all in all happy.

Cant help thinking the difference today was Amond, which leaves us all thinking "what if".......... Agree with what you have said above overall but its now time for PH to be brave and make some changes in shape and selection, we have good wide players but not enough experience in the 9 and 10 positions to make it count.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 1, 2016, 9:38pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cant help thinking the difference today was Amond, which leaves us all thinking "what if".......... Agree with what you have said above overall but its now time for PH to be brave and make some changes in shape and selection, we have good wide players but not enough experience in the 9 and 10 positions to make it count.

Can't help thinking you are right. The new signings up front have qualities but good goal scoring records are not amongst them. At the moment only Bogle is scoring, nobody is chipping in from midfield or from the back at set pieces. The problem has been there for the last three home games at least.

Yet the side isn't playing badly. We just don't seem to have a plan B and we don't seem to be able to change our game to rattle the opposition enough. If it was me I would be looking to do some really serious work on set pieces and long throws.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 1, 2016, 10:08pm; Reply: 19
Whilst people appreciate you do it for free, you should of known straight away by the reaction of the town players that Chambers was not in a good way, the fact it took around 2 minutes from the injury for you to get out the chair was unbelievable! Surely for a job like that you need to be watching, so then you are ready to move when asked!

Bogle reaction showed 5700 people that he was in a bad way!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2016, 10:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from paramariner

When you are a volunteer you are an easy target, so I would not take the "opinions" too much to hart. All I would say is from where I was sat from the time Ash went down it looked like there was a lack of communication but I am sure you will do the paperwork and review what happened?

I knew it was bad as Dave Moore came on and usually it needs to be a near death incident for that to happen!!
Posted by: essexexile, October 1, 2016, 10:49pm; Reply: 21
Think Ash is more influential than given credit for, now that Dis is out of the side and not holding things together
Tombola doesn't carry the ball through midfield like Ash and set up stuff for others
Posted by: Davec, October 2, 2016, 7:16am; Reply: 22
I thought the response from the stretcher bearers was shambolic. It was clear from the outset that it was a serious injury and several players including Dave Moore and Ben Davies signalled immediately for the stretcher, but the stretcher bearers didn't react, I sit in the main stand and a few of them weren't even paying attention! Even if you need to wait for the referee to signal you could have stood on the touchline waiting? I then saw the ref signal several times before you reacted, when you did finally react it you just walked on at a slow leisurely pace, somebody said that they walked on slowly so they weren't too tired to carry him off! That's ridiculous, if a stretcher bearer isn't fit enough to jog onto the pitch and carry a player off then why are they doing it?

I note the point that you are volunteers which is very commendable but that doesn't excuse the slow reaction yesterday
Posted by: golfer, October 2, 2016, 8:43am; Reply: 23
Quoted from paramariner

What a load of rubbish. The medical team had already been given permission to go onto the pitch when Dave Moore was signalled on. I believe that Dave Moore is the person in charge of medical procedures not the referee. Dave Moore signalled at least 3 times for a stretcher. Your job is to follow the instructions of Dave Moore not the referee. If the referee signalled for the player to be stretchered off and Dave Moore said he couldn't be moved then he wouldn't be moved. Full Stop. I suggest that Grimsby Town get an update on recommended procedures and that staff are informed thoroughly whether they are volunteers or not . As you know speed is an important factor in most emergencies.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 2, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 24
Quoted from golfer

I suggest that Grimsby Town get an update on recommended procedures and that staff are informed thoroughly whether they are volunteers or not .

Hope I've got my facts right but wasn't this addressed recently when the employment status of Mighty Mariner was under scrutiny? 😉

Posted by: paramariner, October 2, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 25
Well thanks for all the slagging off. If you really believe we couldn't be bothered then I despair. Clearly there was a lack of communication, no one would argue with that and certainly it should never happen again. Incidentally the green bag just contained dressings which Dave has anyway.
Btw we are not there for the crowd at all.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 2, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from paramariner
Well thanks for all the slagging off. If you really believe we couldn't be bothered then I despair. Clearly there was a lack of communication, no one would argue with that and certainly it should never happen again. Incidentally the green bag just contained dressings which Dave has anyway.
Btw we are not there for the crowd at all.

Sorry Para, I know Blundell Park is not the Bernabeu but it was clear from Lower Youngs that Ash was in a bad way and the amount of time taken to get to him seemed like forever. It really had a look of Fred Karnows Circus about it.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 1:13am