lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2016, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from paramariner
As one of the stretcher bearers and a qualified paramedic I can tell you that we are supposed to wait for a signal from the referee to let us know and give us permission to enter the field, so you couldn't be more wrong in your assumptions.

The response from you and your colleagues was shocking. For all we knew the player could have suffered a life threatening injury and you dawdled on like on a Saturday afternoon stroll. It was frustrating to watch and if you really cannot show any urgency to get to an injured player quickly I would let somebody else do it.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
paramariner
October 1, 2016, 7:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Well Codger clearly you know sodomist all, I reiterate, we are told to await the call from the ref and don't have binocular vision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2016, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from paramariner
Well Codger clearly you know sodomist all, I reiterate, we are told to await the call from the ref and don't have binocular vision.

Well I know that in my world, someone's health is more important than the the f***ing rules
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
paramariner
October 1, 2016, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
You are right, that's why we volunteer our help, but MUST obey rules, and just to make it clear, we are fans just like you and wouldn't want anyone to suffer, we all questioned why the ref didn't call us as soon as he saw the injury. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2016, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from paramariner
You are right, that's why we volunteer our help, but MUST obey rules, and just to make it clear, we are fans just like you and wouldn't want anyone to suffer, we all questioned why the ref didn't call us as soon as he saw the injury. UTM

All well and good and I have the greatest respect for volunteers in any field as my working life revolved around them. However, when you did get the call (although really did you need to obey the rules in those circumstances with play stopped and Dave Moore and several players signalling for a stretcher and medical assistance) you walked to the stricken player. Not even a brisk walk, more a stroll.

As it happens, the injury to a fit young footballer wasn't career threatening but what about if an elderly spectator had collapsed in the stands when every second counts?

I was just shocked at the game at the nonchalance of your response, and I think it is something the club should look at.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Kris2
October 1, 2016, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from paramariner

Ref gave the signal a very long time before anyone moved at least I'm assuming he wasn't making that X signal with his hands for fun, then 4 people slowly got up and got their stuff stood around for a bit just to make sure they could come on were waved on several more times then proceeded to do the slowest walk imaginable onto the pitch. Good job he wasn't having a heart attack or something.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
arryarryarry
October 1, 2016, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Laddy89
From what I've seen so far this season...

The squad has some really good players. But sometimes I don't understand PH and his thought process.

3-0 down at home, 74th minute he finally decides to make some changes. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Vose out on the left isn't working. Reason being he hasn't got a left foot.

Summerfield is very very average. Berrett or Dis should be in there.

Good points;

Collins is class. Not today he wasn't, caught ball watching for the first two goals.Comley is a player I thought the game passed him by today.. Bogle is on top form. Fans seem all in all happy.

Chambers has a nasty gash on his inner thigh and is in A&E getting that sorted as we speak.

What are your thoughts on the team and my thoughts?

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Laddy89
From what I've seen so far this season...

The squad has some really good players. But sometimes I don't understand PH and his thought process.

3-0 down at home, 74th minute he finally decides to make some changes. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Vose out on the left isn't working. Reason being he hasn't got a left foot.

Summerfield is very very average. Berrett or Dis should be in there.

Good points;

Collins is class. Comley is a player. Bogle is on top form. Fans seem all in all happy.

Chambers has a nasty gash on his inner thigh and is in A&E getting that sorted as we speak.

What are your thoughts on the team and my thoughts?

Cant help thinking the difference today was Amond, which leaves us all thinking "what if".......... Agree with what you have said above overall but its now time for PH to be brave and make some changes in shape and selection, we have good wide players but not enough experience in the 9 and 10 positions to make it count.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2016, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cant help thinking the difference today was Amond, which leaves us all thinking "what if".......... Agree with what you have said above overall but its now time for PH to be brave and make some changes in shape and selection, we have good wide players but not enough experience in the 9 and 10 positions to make it count.

Can't help thinking you are right. The new signings up front have qualities but good goal scoring records are not amongst them. At the moment only Bogle is scoring, nobody is chipping in from midfield or from the back at set pieces. The problem has been there for the last three home games at least.

Yet the side isn't playing badly. We just don't seem to have a plan B and we don't seem to be able to change our game to rattle the opposition enough. If it was me I would be looking to do some really serious work on set pieces and long throws.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Jarmo.Is.God
October 1, 2016, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Whilst people appreciate you do it for free, you should of known straight away by the reaction of the town players that Chambers was not in a good way, the fact it took around 2 minutes from the injury for you to get out the chair was unbelievable! Surely for a job like that you need to be watching, so then you are ready to move when asked!

Bogle reaction showed 5700 people that he was in a bad way!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's Match & Performance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.