ginnywings
September 28, 2016, 4:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

Parkin plays for them...its common for them to see someone running back from the burger van...

Ambling.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
devs
September 28, 2016, 5:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Never a penalty but when your luck is in you need to cash in - it will fall the other way at some point
Parking grabbed Macca around throat - should have been sent off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
Marinerz93
September 28, 2016, 5:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Kris2

From the angle it looks like he slips when he played the ball but  on the highlights and full game on Mariners Player their players have a right go at the guy who conceded the penalty so he must have done something. Their keeper went mental at him.

Can only guess that he clipped the back of his heels causing him to fall but seen stuff like that not given plenty of times,

A bit of both, he clipped his heel but also pulled him back as he passed the ball whilst off balance.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
MeanwoodMariner
September 28, 2016, 5:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
There is a very definite pull on the shoulder. I didn't spot it at first viewing. Having at first thought we were lucky I now think it was a great spot by the ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
cmackenzie4
September 28, 2016, 5:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Some of that passing by Town was very good, it's great to see us playing like that, we look a decent team and I'm very hopeful for us this season.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
September 28, 2016, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
I couldn't believe that penalty was given in real time, and seeing it a few times again I still can't believe it, but its about time we had the rub of the green.

On a side issue, when we have scored and the players run to the crowd for hugs and congratulations, what are the stewards trying to achieve when they attempt to intervene? Just curious, but if we score a last minute winner from the penalty spot what are the players and fans supposed to do?  
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
September 28, 2016, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Some of that passing by Town was very good, it's great to see us playing like that, we look a decent team and I'm very hopeful for us this season.

We play some really good stuff - I cannot believe we have come such a long way in a short space of time. The passing and movement is a joy to watch - just a few more goals distributed throughout the team and we could have a great season.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
Marinerz93
September 28, 2016, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I couldn't believe that penalty was given in real time, and seeing it a few times again I still can't believe it, but its about time we had the rub of the green.

On a side issue, when we have scored and the players run to the crowd for hugs and congratulations, what are the stewards trying to achieve when they attempt to intervene? Just curious, but if we score a last minute winner from the penalty spot what are the players and fans supposed to do?  

Stewards absorb the love that it being shown, a bit like being stood next to a ginger and them trying to steal your soul. Stay well clear of any ginger stewards.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2016, 9:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

Stewards absorb the love that it being shown, a like being stood next to a ginger and them trying to steal your soul. Stay well clear of any ginger stewards.

Not at Barnet. They find it a life-threatening experience.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2016, 9:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Some wonderful passing. That Jackson miss was positively Shoppian though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.