This thread currently has 6,237 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 28, 2016, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Ref clearly shows it was for a pull, good spot.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
NewportFan
September 28, 2016, 10:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +64
Funny how most of yours think it was a soft pen and most of ours think it was stonewall.

Doesn't matter, anyway. I'm a firm believer that teams make their own luck. Good teams score last-minute goals, bad teams concede them. All the best for the rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2016, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from NewportFan
Funny how most of yours think it was a soft pen and most of ours think it was stonewall.

Doesn't matter, anyway. I'm a firm believer that teams make their own luck. Good teams score last-minute goals, bad teams concede them. All the best for the rest.

Is it a confidence thing? Someone alluded to the fact your players seemed to resignedly accept it. Has that resignation passed to the fans?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
September 28, 2016, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from NewportFan

You were a lot better than I was led to believe and I thought you were going to nick it in the second half. It wont be any comfort but I think you will be fine this season. Had we scored early when we were on top it might have been a struggle but you grew into the game. I am a fan of your keeper - thought he was first class.    
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
NewportFan
September 28, 2016, 10:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +64
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is it a confidence thing? Someone alluded to the fact your players seemed to resignedly accept it. Has that resignation passed to the fans?

Could well be, yeah. Both general (we lost three of our first four games, and each time we were drawing when the 4th official raised the added time board) and specific (Butler lunged in stupidly to concede the free-kick from which Cambridge got their winner on Saturday).

We'll have a new manager in soon, by the looks, but the new transfer rules this season mean it has to be someone who is comfortable playing the hand he's been dealt and I'm not sure Paul Newman has applied.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 28, 2016, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from NewportFan

Could well be, yeah. Both general (we lost three of our first four games, and each time we were drawing when the 4th official raised the added time board) and specific (Butler lunged in stupidly to concede the free-kick from which Cambridge got their winner on Saturday).

We'll have a new manager in soon, by the looks, but the new transfer rules this season mean it has to be someone who is comfortable playing the hand he's been dealt and I'm not sure Paul Newman has applied.

Heh heh!

Fingers crossed you'll be singing that tune from Steve McQueen's best film (even though he didn't make it).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
ginnywings
September 28, 2016, 11:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I also thought Newport were a decent side given their league position and lack of wins. I think they just need a change of fortune and get some confidence back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
forza ivano
September 28, 2016, 11:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I couldn't believe that penalty was given in real time,
Just curious, but if we score a last minute winner from the penalty spot what are the players and fans supposed to do?  

What's wrong with a cry of hurrah and hearty handshakes all round? We are British, don't you know?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
Marinerz93
September 29, 2016, 12:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from NewportFan

You need to get rid of Parkin or use him as a last 10 minute sub, he isn't mobile enough to get back up front once he drops into midfield. He should have scored with a free header but other than that your other 10 players are carrying him which again must be giving them bad backs.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
Swansea_Mariner
September 29, 2016, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Their poor lad was getting an absolute lashing from the rest of the players, wouldn't of fancied that bus journey home if I was him! Tombola did excellent though, real persistence, there's going to be so much more from him I'm absolutely sure.

Parkin was a complete member no reason to go in that hard on McKeown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.