September 18, 2016, 12:22am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 97
The title of this thread sounds like a real ale. Probably an IPA, about 6.4%

With beer that strength you'd feel pretty damned decisive after the first couple.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
golfer
September 18, 2016, 7:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

How do you save a goal?  

You go for a wee like I did and miss the first goal. You come back and nobody tells you they have scored. You watch the game thinking it's 0-0.They score another goal to make it 2-0 but you still cheer them on for the equaliser. You feel a fool when you get home and the wife tells you it's 2-0. I just wish I'd gone for 2 wees and we might have got a point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Sigone
September 18, 2016, 9:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from golfer

You go for a wee like I did and miss the first goal. You come back and nobody tells you they have scored. You watch the game thinking it's 0-0.They score another goal to make it 2-0 but you still cheer them on for the equaliser. You feel a fool when you get home and the wife tells you it's 2-0. I just wish I'd gone for 2 wees and we might have got a point.

And the big Electronic scoreboard said???  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
dapperz fun pub
September 18, 2016, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner_09
Thought he kept us in it for long periods today, made an excellent penalty save and 2 or 3 really good saves in open play as well, plus claimed balls in his area better. My MOM.

Sadly though he consistently makes basic errors which people remember and he clearly doesn't fill the defenders with confidence I'm afraid. Good game yesterday but still not convinced
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
rancido
September 18, 2016, 11:24am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Sadly though he consistently makes basic errors which people remember and he clearly doesn't fill the defenders with confidence I'm afraid. Good game yesterday but still not convinced

This is how I regard him. His reaction saves and general positioning are good. Unfortunately this is often counteracted by some basic errors and his lack of domination in the 6 yard box , especially in the air. In general he has been a decent keeper for us but he has cost us a few points this season and this can have a bad affect on the back four.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
golfer
September 18, 2016, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
I don't normally stick up for goalkeepers after we have lost at home but how anybody cannot say he was not our best player beats me.If I was in goal and had this seasons defence dithering about in front of me I would be a nervous wreck. All goalkeepers make mistakes but they only stand out if we are not used to them. He has been our saviour on many occasions in the last few years and it is completely unfair in my opinion that this post is running. There have been too many bad comments about individual players lately[ I've done my share I know ] but it ought to now stop. Why dont we drop him and bring in some raw kid ---how stupid-let's just send him out to some Italian club on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
grimsby pete
September 18, 2016, 2:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Apart from Davies non of the defence have been too convincing up to now,

You only have to look at the goals conceded to know that,

but

It is early days and they will learn and we will get better,

The experience of Collins will be a big help maybe just from the training pitch at first,

If no improvement Hursty will find the right man/men in January .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Davec
September 18, 2016, 3:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Grimsby Pete I must say not even Davies has properly convinced me yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
Garth
September 18, 2016, 3:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Don't pin all your hopes on Collins, he is not another Futcher, will MU keep their keeper here if he just spectating Hmm!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
HertsGTFC
September 18, 2016, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Just watched the 2nd goal on Mariners player a couple of times not really James's fault it had more to do with the goal scorer being completely unmarked when the ball came back into the box after Summerfields clearance. Once again poor marking when a ball is lifted into our penalty area.

After watching most of the game again my opinion of Crewe has changed at first I thought we gifted them the game which may be correct to a small degree but overall they did a really good job on us yesterday. Also our passing and ball retention was absolutely rubbish.

Anyway we go again at Mansfield next week.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown's Indecisiveness

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.