4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
blundellpork
September 17, 2016, 6:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
A decent keeper at Conference Level when forward's were both physically and mentally slower, but at league level his indecisiveness is beginning to cost us a few goals. 3 weeks ago against Stevenage he was at fault for the second goal when Pearson saw McKeown coming then both, stopped allowing their forward to square the ball for an easy tap in. Today, Crewe's first goal came from a poor loss of possession by Summerfield but when the ball was squared across the box I am convinced that McKeown could have got there before Cooper had he have reacted more quickly.

Whilst I would like to have another look on the highlight's later, I think his indecision contributed to the second goal when he half came then stopped allowing Jones to poke home.

Surely this has been seen by Hurst and Warrington and they are trying to improve him through coaching. I must confess I would be tempted to try Henderson out and see if he is as good as the reviews he has been getting in Manchester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
September 17, 2016, 7:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Not sure about the 2nd, would need to see it again, but definitely agree on the first goal. Should've came out and I thought at the time could've actually got/smothered the ball after the guys heavy touch.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2016, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
But......James made a good save in the first half, kept out a penalty and made a really good save at the start of the 2nd half, he like Shaun & Omar are still learning at this level. I would be more concerned how often we get a small lad to mark I big opponent, can't keep the ball when it counts and lacked leadership today. Trust me Mecca has really come on in the last couple of seasons and will develop even further.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Kris2
September 17, 2016, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Honestly think he did fine today and kept the score reasonable all things considered. Sometimes the people in front of him give him a lot to do in defensive moves. Certain players seem to love putting him under pressure too with a poor back pass when they had plenty of other options. I can't remember who it was maybe Pearson that pelted a pass at him full force that he had to knock out with a ton of backspin on it under pressure.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
gb
September 17, 2016, 9:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
His best performance this season!!! No way could he have made the ball for the first without giving away a foul/red card. Second goal comes from the defence not doing their job which is defending!! We are giving away two many goals trying to be clever and not having the footballing ability to actually do it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2016, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Kris2
Honestly think he did fine today and kept the score reasonable all things considered. Sometimes the people in front of him give him a lot to do in defensive moves. Certain players seem to love putting him under pressure too with a poor back pass when they had plenty of other options. I can't remember who it was maybe Pearson that pelted a pass at him full force that he had to knock out with a ton of backspin on it under pressure.

I saw that pass too. Personally I'm more worried about the full backs as going forward they look good but often get caught out of position.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
ginnywings
September 17, 2016, 9:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
We all thought he should have kept coming once he started to, but he seemed to change his mind and hesitated. Would have to see the replay but he looked favourite to reach the ball from where i was sat. Could be wrong on that though, so undecided until i see the highlights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
headingly_mariner
September 17, 2016, 9:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Thought he was our mom today. Saved a pen and two 1 on 1's. Can't take any blame for today's result surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
September 17, 2016, 9:47pm
Guest User
This post should be deleted, why single out players, what is the positive outcome of this?
Reply: 8 - 37
Grantley
September 17, 2016, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Don't think Mckeown could've done much better today. Could he have come for the first? Yes. Should there have been a defender there? Yes. He saved a penalty and another goal in the second half, don't forget, both from mistakes by other players, as well as the first.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McKeown's Indecisiveness

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.