KingstonMariner
September 3, 2016, 2:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bax

Really important to bear in mind there are a LOT of people who are cracking keyboard warriors but wouldn't step up and act when/if the club became fan run. And as someone who does volunteer and give up a lot of my free time (for free) for the Trust to benefit the club, there aren't hundreds more willing to do the same. That isn't aimed at either you KR or Cloudy, just a general comment. Lots of people talk a great game, but won't/can't match it with action.

Speaking personally (not the view of the Trust for the eagle eyes on here) I'd welcome the views of fans being taken more seriously to avoid a repeat of Portugal and so the decision-makers are much more aware of the strength of feeling when important decisions are taken in the future.

Plenty of people can have their say direct to the club's board at the fan's forum later this month both in person and my sending in questions which can be read out.

And the point is what in the context of some people wishing the club was owned by the Trust?

There's plenty of people with a view on what government policy should be, but you can't be saying they need to shut up unless they're willing to get involved in politics.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
bax
September 3, 2016, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner

And the point is what in the context of some people wishing the club was owned by the Trust?

There's plenty of people with a view on what government policy should be, but you can't be saying they need to shut up unless they're willing to get involved in politics.

Well the two are very, very different things. Not even close to being the same! No one has told anyone to shut up. Too much fantasy world dreaming from too many Town fans at times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
ginnywings
September 3, 2016, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Is the fishy really just a vocal minority though? Surely a representative sample of any group will be pretty much the same when expanded to a majority vote among a bigger sample size. Mori polls accurately predict election results based on a small sample size of vote. There will be just as broad a range of opinions on the fishy as there will be among fans that don't use social media. None of the people i attend BP with are for these proposals and none of them use the fishy. We are not just a bunch of web warriors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2016, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from bax

Well the two are very, very different things. Not even close to being the same! No one has told anyone to shut up. Too much fantasy world dreaming from too many Town fans at times.

The football club owes too much money to become a viable fans-run proposition anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
FishOutOfWater
September 3, 2016, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The football club owes too much money to one man to become a viable fans-run proposition anyway.

My opinion only....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 59
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2016, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

My opinion only....

A much debated point, means the future is in his hands.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
cleethorpes_mariner
September 3, 2016, 8:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Cloudy

Sorry but you are as biased as they come and we both know why!

Being in JF's circle doesn't mean you have to support him on everything, grow a pair, question and challenge, but we both know if you did you would no longer be in the clique!!

Your response sums up JF in that they shouldn't take any notice of fans, that is the job of the Trust, just pathetic but equally very worrying.

Is Twitter or any social media not representative of fans views? If GTFC and football in general stopped just listening to the inner circle the game would be in a far far stronger position.

My response does not sum up JF as you say I was just pointing out 50 vocal posters on here does not necessarily represent the majority of fans in general.
I don't agree with everything the club, board or JF does but the difference is I tell him to his face and not hide behind a  pseudonym and a keyboard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
LH
September 3, 2016, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,517
Gold Stars: 173
A gap in the Premier League this weekend for the international break meant Bournemouth and West Brom could play friendlies with football giants AC Milan and Delhi Dynamoes (an IPL B team?) today. No wonder they want a winter break with all these - needless - extra fixtures.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
Cloudy
September 3, 2016, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

My response does not sum up JF as you say I was just pointing out 50 vocal posters on here does not necessarily represent the majority of fans in general.
I don't agree with everything the club, board or JF does but the difference is I tell him to his face and not hide behind a  pseudonym and a keyboard.

It isn't 50 vocal posters on here though is it? If you and JF think it is, and his comments to Ginny suggests he believes it, then you all and he are further out of touch than I first thought.

Lots of fans are very frustrated at the way the club rolled over for the Under 21/23s inclusion in the EFL Trophy, the fact the Trust weren't even aware the meeting was taking place let alone asked for a view, the fact JF stated publically that B teams inclusion in the FL could be a positive thing and above all the club cannot see anything wrong with this.

BTW. JF knows who I am
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
TheRealJohnLewis
September 3, 2016, 8:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Cloudy

It isn't 50 vocal posters on here though is it? If you and JF think it is, and his comments to Ginny suggests he believes it, then you all and he are further out of touch than I first thought.

Lots of fans are very frustrated at the way the club rolled over for the Under 21/23s inclusion in the EFL Trophy, the fact the Trust weren't even aware the meeting was taking place let alone asked for a view, the fact JF stated publically that B teams inclusion in the FL could be a positive thing and above all the club cannot see anything wrong with this.

BTW. JF knows who I am

Non vocal and agree with Cloudy.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Restructure of the Football League

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.