6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2016, 9:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I suppose JF's statement is a big improvement on the Portugal Farago. But, as others have said, I'd feel more confident if he committed to consult the fans via the Trust.

Any proposals coming from Harvey though, is to be mistrusted IMO. Greeks bearing gifts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
GrimRob
September 2, 2016, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,401
Gold Stars: 113
You can pretty much guarantee the decision makers at the club will read any threads on the subject here so at least they will be aware of your views on the subject, even if they don't act on them. Even if they consult the Trust how many people would actually have an input into the Trust's "official" response? The best possible option is to get all the facts in the open and have an open discussion so at least everyone has a chance to contribute in a place where it can be seen.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 59
Cloudy
September 3, 2016, 7:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from GrimRob
You can pretty much guarantee the decision makers at the club will read any threads on the subject here so at least they will be aware of your views on the subject, even if they don't act on them. Even if they consult the Trust how many people would actually have an input into the Trust's "official" response? The best possible option is to get all the facts in the open and have an open discussion so at least everyone has a chance to contribute in a place where it can be seen.

We already know Rob that JF considers the views on here, on any subject, to be that of the 'vocal minority'
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
cleethorpes_mariner
September 3, 2016, 9:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Cloudy

We already know Rob that JF considers the views on here, on any subject, to be that of the 'vocal minority'

That's probably because we are, there are some 50 odd posters on here who are very vocal and moan about anything the club do or say.
that against 5k ish regular home supporters and god knows how many exiles, this makes the fishy few a minority.

The Trust is on the board to give the fans prospective not Fenty or any other director so its them you should be having a dig at for not communicating with the fans surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2016, 9:57am
Meths Drinker

That's probably because we are, there are some 50 odd posters on here who are very vocal and moan about anything the club do or say.
that against 5k ish regular home supporters and god knows how many exiles, this makes the fishy few a minority.

The Trust is on the board to give the fans prospective not Fenty or any other director so its them you should be having a dig at for not communicating with the fans surely.

Just like JF did with his board colleagues on the FL Travesty re-vamp.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
jock dock tower
September 3, 2016, 10:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from GrimRob

The best option, as I've suggested on numerous occasions in the past, would be for the club to become owned by the fans. It's par for the course in the likes of the Bundesliga, other European giants like Barcelona and Real Madrid are owned by their fans as well. Why is it so difficult for clubs like ours and other Football League sides to understand the benefits of becoming such an institution, and to stop constantly worrying what the next embarrassing proclamation coming from the boardroom might be?

We've shown via Operation Promotion that their is a genuine desire by the fans to influence the club, so why not go the extra mile and make it the raison d'etre behind the club?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
MuddyWaters
September 3, 2016, 10:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jock dock tower

The best option, as I've suggested on numerous occasions in the past, would be for the club to become owned by the fans. It's par for the course in the likes of the Bundesliga, other European giants like Barcelona and Real Madrid are owned by their fans as well. Why is it so difficult for clubs like ours and other Football League sides to understand the benefits of becoming such an institution, and to stop constantly worrying what the next embarrassing proclamation coming from the boardroom might be?

We've shown via Operation Promotion that their is a genuine desire by the fans to influence the club, so why not go the extra mile and make it the raison d'etre behind the club?

There's a big reason why not. Look at the balance sheet.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
Cloudy
September 3, 2016, 11:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

Sorry but you are as biased as they come and we both know why!

Being in JF's circle doesn't mean you have to support him on everything, grow a pair, question and challenge, but we both know if you did you would no longer be in the clique!!

Your response sums up JF in that they shouldn't take any notice of fans, that is the job of the Trust, just pathetic but equally very worrying.

Is Twitter or any social media not representative of fans views? If GTFC and football in general stopped just listening to the inner circle the game would be in a far far stronger position.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2016, 12:38pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There's a big reason why not. Look at the balance sheet.

Maybe it would be in the mess it's in now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
bax
September 3, 2016, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe it would be in the mess it's in now.

Really important to bear in mind there are a LOT of people who are cracking keyboard warriors but wouldn't step up and act when/if the club became fan run. And as someone who does volunteer and give up a lot of my free time (for free) for the Trust to benefit the club, there aren't hundreds more willing to do the same. That isn't aimed at either you KR or Cloudy, just a general comment. Lots of people talk a great game, but won't/can't match it with action.

Speaking personally (not the view of the Trust for the eagle eyes on here) I'd welcome the views of fans being taken more seriously to avoid a repeat of Portugal and so the decision-makers are much more aware of the strength of feeling when important decisions are taken in the future.

Plenty of people can have their say direct to the club's board at the fan's forum later this month both in person and my sending in questions which can be read out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Restructure of the Football League

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.