mariner91
August 30, 2016, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from sonik
What ever our club voted we would still be playing in this game tonight.

Not remotely relevant though is it? We would, of course, still have been playing this fixture but then the competition wouldn't have represented a threat to the FL system as well as a threat to clubs such as ourselves. As it is we stand on the cusp of having our footballing existence demeaned and trivialised and only through incredibly low attendances at these games do we have any say in our futures. You can bet your bottom dollar that if there is anything positive to take from introducing the reserve teams that the men at the top will clutch at it and force through the introduction of the Old Firm and reserve teams in to the FL. I don't want to watch us play Celtic and I certainly don't want to watch us play a load of kids who can't even make the bench at Middlesbrough. In an ideal world we'd have the men in charge of our clubs standing up for the club's and our interests but they've once again demonstrated how out of touch they are. Sadly, as we can't count on your brother to do the right thing, this means the only avenue left is to boycott games. Nobody is doing that lightly as it isn't the players' faults and I certainly wouldn't call out anyone who chooses to support Town in these games. However, I would say that to not boycott these games you must either be pretty short sighted or, in the case of you and your brother, completely out of touch with the vast majority of FL fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
Cloudy
August 30, 2016, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from sonik

You asked for an answer and a swearing cop out is the reply. 72 clubs, 2 or I may now believe 8 against the proposal. It was only a show of hands and some are now saying they are against it. This is a trial year for this format.

Just shows how far out of touch John and fellow owners/chairman are and how easily they can be bought
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
Marinerz93
August 30, 2016, 3:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from sonik

For what its worth I don't want that to happen. No! Not sure of John's stance but will ask him shortly. What ever our club voted we would still be playing in this game tonight. People that know me or John for that matter will surely not think that we are not proper Town fans with the best interests of our club at heart. UTM!

Thank you for your honest reply, and it will be interesting to here if John feels it would be good for Premeirship B teams to join League 2.

If his answer is no, why did he think it would be ok for Premiership B teams to play in a competition for Leagues 1 and 2.  A competition that was part of our first visit to Wembley, one that we deserved because we beat real teams.

Dave.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
sonik
August 30, 2016, 3:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
John just said please come to the fans forum in numbers and all questions on this and other matters will be answered and he looks forward to seeing you you all. UTM

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
MuddyWaters
August 30, 2016, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,283
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik
John just said please come to the fans forum in numbers and all questions on this and other matters will be answered and he looks forward to seeing you you all. UTM

Sadly I can't go as I'm away that week but it staggers me to believe that any chairman/owner/major shareholder would ever contemplate allowing Prem B teams into any competition - it must have been a bloody good sales pitch after some serious vino.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
Les Brechin
August 30, 2016, 4:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quite ironic really that a roll call for a Town away game on The Fishy will have the most replies on it, even though it will probably be our lowest away attendance for several years.

In fact there's probably more replies on this thread already than will actually be at the game.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
chicaneuk
August 30, 2016, 4:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I'll be sure to feed back on how many are there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
Hagrid
August 30, 2016, 5:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Support the team but do it from home. Its not the players fault this has happened. But the only way to stop this idiotic situation is to never set foot in a stadium hosting trophy football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
Perkins
August 30, 2016, 5:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from sonik
John just said please come to the fans forum in numbers and all questions on this and other matters will be answered and he looks forward to seeing you you all.

UTM

Not only the chauffeur but the messenger boy as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
MuddyWaters
August 30, 2016, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,283
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Perkins

Not only the chauffeur but the messenger boy as well.

Probably being Mighty tonight too!  
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Walsall roll call

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.