7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
August 30, 2016, 8:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
If Terrys bus is full , and others will go , entirely their choice... I see somewhere in the region of 100 Mariners there

I'm only 40 minutes away but wont be going , Notts County is what my pennies are going on this month...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 69
Green27
August 30, 2016, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
I'll be really disappointed to see anyone go. Its mind boggling how people don't see this as a threat or perhaps they are happy to see the club playing B Teams on a regular basis

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 69
jonnyboy82
August 30, 2016, 8:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Save your time effort and money for notts county saturday.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 69
Marinerz93
August 30, 2016, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from sonik
These cup competitions have generated the clubs income around 6 to 8 hundred thousand pounds in the last 6 seasons. It is also a one year trial that maybe scraped if the vote goes the other way. Only two teams voted against the  proposal I believe out of 72. UTM

I had quite a large metal splinter embedded in my finger that needed cutting out as it had gone quite deep. I used a new sharp craft razor to cut open my finger to remove the metal splinter. It was quite painful but I soon got over it as I am a big boy.

Metal splinter = Premiership B teams
New sharp craft razor = loss of income
Big Boy = One of the biggest clubs in League 2 so should handle a minor loss of income to understand WTF will happen if it becomes acceptable to become yes men for the Premier league.

Maybe = unless there is a revolt against this idea it will become the norm.

Do you and John really want Premiership B teams in the league, be honest.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 69
Vance Warner
August 30, 2016, 9:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
The only reason I can begin to forgive JF for years of mismanagement is that I always thought he was a fan himself. This whole sorry affair shows that he no longer cares about the supporters. Take him to Portugal,  offer him a few quid and he's anyone's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 69
Perkins
August 30, 2016, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from sonik
My team are playing so I'm going. UTM

You have to go, you're Johns Chauffeur.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 69
sonik
August 30, 2016, 2:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from Marinerz93

I had quite a large metal splinter embedded in my finger that needed cutting out as it had gone quite deep. I used a new sharp craft razor to cut open my finger to remove the metal splinter. It was quite painful but I soon got over it as I am a big boy.

Metal splinter = Premiership B teams
New sharp craft razor = loss of income
Big Boy = One of the biggest clubs in League 2 so should handle a minor loss of income to understand WTF will happen if it becomes acceptable to become yes men for the Premier league.

Maybe = unless there is a revolt against this idea it will become the norm.

Do you and John really want Premiership B teams in the league, be honest.

For what its worth I don't want that to happen. No! Not sure of John's stance but will ask him shortly. What ever our club voted we would still be playing in this game tonight. People that know me or John for that matter will surely not think that we are not proper Town fans with the best interests of our club at heart. UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 69
marinerjase
August 30, 2016, 2:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,669
Gold Stars: 147
Well Sonic it is a) just a shame your brother never consulted the fans ..you know..the ones who actually are relied on and the reason the club keeps things going. Not one person.

And b) just shows how far and out of touch with reality you and he is. Again this was a decision taken that wasnt about the best interests for the clubs or its support.

Guess you wont like this, nor he. Truth hurts

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 69
Grim74
August 30, 2016, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from sonik

What ever our club voted we would still be playing in this game tonight.

What a flipping cop-out!!!!
if the club had shown some leadership and actually stood up for the fans against this ridiculous decision others may just of followed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 69
sonik
August 30, 2016, 3:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from Grim74

What a flipping cop-out!!!!
if the club had shown some leadership and actually stood up for the fans against this ridiculous decision others may just of followed.

You asked for an answer and a swearing cop out is the reply. 72 clubs, 2 or I may now believe 8 against the proposal. It was only a show of hands and some are now saying they are against it. This is a trial year for this format.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Walsall roll call

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.