This thread currently has 6,631 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 28, 2016, 4:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Hope we can keep hold of him if he keeps scoring.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
HertsGTFC
August 28, 2016, 4:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,942
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Totally different strikers. Podge is coming to the end of his career and gave us the season of his life ending in Wembley euphoria, so i wish him well if he got himself a better deal elsewhere, he's probably earned it.

Bogle has huge potential and showed that yesterday for the first time in a complete package for 90 mins. It will be difficult for him to maintain that standard but if he does, he won't be here for long and will be moving up the leagues. Players come and go, so if they do the biz, enjoy them while they are with us.

We put him on a 3 year deal for a reason and I don't think that reason was to allow his contract to run out. Bogle has so much potential that he may turn out to be a player that's right up there with the best we have had whilst in the 4th tier...........He may also turn out to be the "lucky ticket" that allows us to pay off the over draft and the next tax bill.

At times his non selection has frustrated me but I think Paul does a good job in not allowing him to believe he is a cert for the team sheet, yesterday was his best in a town shirt.........I am sure there will be more to come..  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
Rick12
August 28, 2016, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We put him on a 3 year deal for a reason and I don't think that reason was to allow his contract to run out. Bogle has so much potential that he may turn out to be a player that's right up there with the best we have had whilst in the 4th tier...........He may also turn out to be the "lucky ticket" that allows us to pay off the over draft and the next tax bill.

At times his non selection has frustrated me but I think Paul does a good job in not allowing him to believe he is a cert for the team sheet, yesterday was his best in a town shirt.........I am sure there will be more to come..  

Done really well yesterday by all accounts and Iam pleased for him.However lets hope now he maintains the level because as Mathews snr once told his young emerging soon to be famous son Stanley "your only as good as your last game and todays game will be tomorrows fish and chip paper"

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
acko338
August 28, 2016, 5:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Connell & Amond both gave us their best season to date in their careers, so you could say that Town used their abilities and paid for them.

Bogle could go on higher if he gets his head down and listens and learns.

His confidence should be sky-high now and he now has to be considered as the No 1 striker here with deserved praise from the fans.

Onwards and upwards now !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
Manchester Mariner
August 29, 2016, 12:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Bogle. From the day it was speculated that we were after him from Solihull I was excited by his potential and it was no surprise the impact he made at Wembley. He's scoring regularly, yet I don't think he's half way to being the finished article he could be.

E-mailed cult zeros yesterday to see if they were doing an Omar T-shirt and today they prevailed.

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/22714/omar-bogle-grimsby-town/

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
TheRealJohnLewis
August 29, 2016, 7:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Bogle. From the day it was speculated that we were after him from Solihull I was excited by his potential and it was no surprise the impact he made at Wembley. He's scoring regularly, yet I don't think he's half way to being the finished article he could be.

E-mailed cult zeros yesterday to see if they were doing an Omar T-shirt and today they prevailed.

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/22714/omar-bogle-grimsby-town/

He looks like a Zombie on the t-shirt.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Grimal
August 29, 2016, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,873
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Rick12
Done really well yesterday by all accounts and Iam pleased for him.However lets hope now he maintains the level because as Mathews snr once told his young emerging soon to be famous son Stanley "your only as good as your last game and todays game will be tomorrows fish and chip paper"

Link ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle v Amond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.