4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2016, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Based  upon today I thought Omar was excellent, best all round game in a Town shirt by a mile and I include Wembley in that.

Comparison to Podge? Pointless to be honest as last year was at a lower level and Podge is an experienced striker in lower league football, Omar on the other hand is player who is still learning but has massive potential.

Be careful though as at this stage of his development he will not perform every week like he did today, when he does we may have to accept some big money for him.

Noticed Toto got his marching orders today........... Pace isn't everything.            

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
TonySmith
August 27, 2016, 8:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11
Why couldn't Amond and Bogle have been a powerful combo in league two? I'm still not sure that Jackson and Vernon can replace him between them ( though I'm hoping they will prove me wrong in that ). Omar and Podge are different kinds of players with different attributes. And I'm sure Jonnyboy knows that Amond scored some superb goals last year, not just the tap ins . And you need someone who knows how to be in the right place for the tap ins too. Still, it's looking like the defence that needs work at the moment, so maybe we should just move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
mariner91
August 27, 2016, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Nah you're all wrong, he's shite. Just ask Ipswin  

On a serious note, we've all seen that on his day Omar offers everything and much more than Amond ever did or ever will. It's why ultimately Omar will have a much more successful career than Amond. However, we've also all seen in the past how much of a confidence player Omar is and when his head goes down he's pretty much useless. It's really encouraging to see Omar taking the lead with other players and giving out instructions and if he maintains this confidence he is unplayable at this level. Long may it continue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
HackneyHaddock
August 27, 2016, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Toto pretty much unpicked the lace and removed the bladder from the ball for his sending off.  Quite comical really.  A classic "Toto moment".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Mariner Ronnie
August 27, 2016, 8:55pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner91
Nah you're all wrong, he's shite. Just ask Ipswin  

On a serious note, we've all seen that on his day Omar offers everything and much more than Amond ever did or ever will. It's why ultimately Omar will have a much more successful career than Amond. However, we've also all seen in the past how much of a confidence player Omar is and when his head goes down he's pretty much useless. It's really encouraging to see Omar taking the lead with other players and giving out instructions and if he maintains this confidence he is unplayable at this level. Long may it continue.

To be fair, he has seen him play about 3 times

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
FishOutOfWater
August 27, 2016, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Different type of player and now different clubs

Thanks Podge for what you did in helping us get promoted but Omar is still with is and as he proved today will be here representing our club with quite some effect

Made up for him that he got that third in at the end to give him his first league hat-trick

Just noted too that Town are top scorers in the division.... a big well done all round

Saturday night's got a good feel to it again  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 36
Rick12
August 27, 2016, 10:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from The Yard Dog
I hope now people can stopping moaning how we should have done more to keep Amond.
In an ideal world we would have like Amond to stay, but HE decided to move on.
Bogle was the one who has the potential to play at a higher level, that's why he was given a three contract.

Yes Amond scored a bag full of goals last season, but when we needed a player to step up at Braintree and Wembley it was Bogle.

Probably comes from a better persona though. Eg probably has more passion and drive than Amond did something which I favour a lot

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Mariner_09
August 27, 2016, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Brilliant from Toto. He thought "Oh dear they are going to score, I'll just stick my hand out"! Quality!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
jock dock tower
August 27, 2016, 11:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Bogle. The Biz.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
mariner83
August 28, 2016, 7:31am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
[tweet]769576040586944513[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle v Amond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.