Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 27, 2016, 6:03pm
I hope now people can stopping moaning how we should have done more to keep Amond.
In an ideal world we would have like Amond to stay, but HE decided to move on.
Bogle was the one who has the potential to play at a higher level, that's why he was given a three contract.

Yes Amond scored a bag full of goals last season, but when we needed a player to step up at Braintree and Wembley it was Bogle.

Today's performance by Bogle was awesome scoring three, two assists, but his all round game was top notch.  Towards the end at 4-2 Town had a throwing near the corner flag (Harrington St end) and Bogle was telling his team mates to close the Stevenage player down so they was no easy throwing to the keeper, after he had scored his third making 5-2 I saw Bogle tell Ben Davies to go back to the halfway line.

Bogle is a confidence player and hopefully that performance will kick start his season and Town's, I would take Bogle over Amond any day, only time will tell.
Posted by: Kris2, August 27, 2016, 6:07pm; Reply: 1
I don't care about Amond and what he's doing now he doesn't play for us. Better to focus on who does play for us. Bogle gave probably his best performance ever and that's all I want to talk about.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2016, 6:15pm; Reply: 2
Bogle carried amond.

Ok maybe thats a bit much but bogle scores all different goals and creates so much more were as amond likes the five yards out tap ins.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 27, 2016, 6:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from The Yard Dog
I hope now people can stopping moaning how we should have done more to keep Amond.
Bogle was the one who has the potential to play at a higher level, that's why he was given a three contract.

Yes Amond scored a bag full of goals last season, but when we needed a player to step up at Braintree and Wembley it was Bogle.

Today's performance by Bogle was awesome scoring three, two assists, but his all round game was top notch.  Towards the end at 4-2 Town had a throwing near the corner flag (Harrington St end) and Bogle was telling his team mates to close the Stevenage player down so they was no easy throwing to the keeper, after he had scored his third making 5-2 I saw Bogle tell Ben Davies to go back to the halfway line.

Bogle is a confidence player and hopefully that performance will kick start his season and Town's, I would take Bogle over Amond any day, only time will tell.

Yeah, we noticed that. Looks like a player who now believes in himself and that he is a senior pro in the team. Sometimes it just takes that mental adjustment that you belong in the team and the league you are in. You could see the confidence in his play today.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 27, 2016, 7:20pm; Reply: 4
A different league and there is no standard to judge against.

He will always be fondly remembered for helping us get promotion though
Posted by: marinerjase, August 27, 2016, 7:34pm; Reply: 5
Before this becomes an Amond slating thread, don't forget what Amond contributed to getting us up, nor his help with Bogle. I recall many a time pre xmas he had an arm round his shoulder, constant encouragement etc. Bogle is a completely different type of player to Amond- thrives on confidence and on his day offers everything, not just goals- as he did today. We had the season of Amond's life. Thankfully. Anyway..as others have said..don't forget but just concern ourselves with what we have. Hopefully Omar can stay positive,  massive potential.
Posted by: topuphere666, August 27, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 6
2 different type of players. Pointless comparing when Amond has moved on!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 7
Anybody else see toto's sending off earlier? 😂😂😂😂
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2016, 7:58pm; Reply: 8
Bet he blames the fans.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 27, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 9
Based  upon today I thought Omar was excellent, best all round game in a Town shirt by a mile and I include Wembley in that.

Comparison to Podge? Pointless to be honest as last year was at a lower level and Podge is an experienced striker in lower league football, Omar on the other hand is player who is still learning but has massive potential.

Be careful though as at this stage of his development he will not perform every week like he did today, when he does we may have to accept some big money for him.

Noticed Toto got his marching orders today........... Pace isn't everything.            
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 27, 2016, 8:30pm; Reply: 10
Based  upon today I thought Omar was excellent, best all round game in a Town shirt by a mile and I include Wembley in that.

Comparison to Podge? Pointless to be honest as last year was at a lower level and Podge is an experienced striker in lower league football, Omar on the other hand is player who is still learning but has massive potential.

Be careful though as at this stage of his development he will not perform every week like he did today, when he does we may have to accept some big money for him.

Noticed Toto got his marching orders today........... Pace isn't everything.            
Posted by: TonySmith, August 27, 2016, 8:35pm; Reply: 11
Why couldn't Amond and Bogle have been a powerful combo in league two? I'm still not sure that Jackson and Vernon can replace him between them ( though I'm hoping they will prove me wrong in that ). Omar and Podge are different kinds of players with different attributes. And I'm sure Jonnyboy knows that Amond scored some superb goals last year, not just the tap ins . And you need someone who knows how to be in the right place for the tap ins too. Still, it's looking like the defence that needs work at the moment, so maybe we should just move on.
Posted by: mariner91, August 27, 2016, 8:41pm; Reply: 12
Nah you're all wrong, he's shite. Just ask Ipswin  ;)

On a serious note, we've all seen that on his day Omar offers everything and much more than Amond ever did or ever will. It's why ultimately Omar will have a much more successful career than Amond. However, we've also all seen in the past how much of a confidence player Omar is and when his head goes down he's pretty much useless. It's really encouraging to see Omar taking the lead with other players and giving out instructions and if he maintains this confidence he is unplayable at this level. Long may it continue.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 27, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 13
Toto pretty much unpicked the lace and removed the bladder from the ball for his sending off.  Quite comical really.  A classic "Toto moment".
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2016, 8:55pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mariner91
Nah you're all wrong, he's shite. Just ask Ipswin  ;)

On a serious note, we've all seen that on his day Omar offers everything and much more than Amond ever did or ever will. It's why ultimately Omar will have a much more successful career than Amond. However, we've also all seen in the past how much of a confidence player Omar is and when his head goes down he's pretty much useless. It's really encouraging to see Omar taking the lead with other players and giving out instructions and if he maintains this confidence he is unplayable at this level. Long may it continue.

To be fair, he has seen him play about 3 times
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 27, 2016, 9:15pm; Reply: 15
Different type of player and now different clubs

Thanks Podge for what you did in helping us get promoted but Omar is still with is and as he proved today will be here representing our club with quite some effect

Made up for him that he got that third in at the end to give him his first league hat-trick

Just noted too that Town are top scorers in the division.... a big well done all round

Saturday night's got a good feel to it again  :)
Posted by: Rick12, August 27, 2016, 10:57pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Probably comes from a better persona though. Eg probably has more passion and drive than Amond did something which I favour a lot

Posted by: Mariner_09, August 27, 2016, 11:01pm; Reply: 17
Brilliant from Toto. He thought "Oh dear they are going to score, I'll just stick my hand out"! Quality!
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 27, 2016, 11:41pm; Reply: 18
Bogle. The Biz.
Posted by: mariner83, August 28, 2016, 7:31am; Reply: 19
[tweet]769576040586944513[/tweet]
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2016, 7:46am; Reply: 20
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Toto pretty much unpicked the lace and removed the bladder from the ball for his sending off.  Quite comical really.  A classic "Toto moment".

As well as Toto, Magnay, Amond, & Oates playing for Hartlepool I noticed that Parkin (who scored a stunner) and Bignot??? where playing for Newport.  

Posted by: Freemoash88, August 28, 2016, 9:04am; Reply: 21
Who cares anymore we've got this squad. Amonds moved on. let's stop thinking about what IF and just concentrate on our future.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2016, 9:16am; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

As well as Toto, Magnay, Amond, & Oates playing for Hartlepool  

And Nicky Featherstone.
Posted by: fishkeeper, August 28, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 23
I have been a critic of bogle sometimes but yesterday I take everything bad back I have said about him . he showed what he is really capable of not only with those brill goals but with his whole game chasing , harassing , wanting the ball and going and getting it instead of just waiting for it. he was fantastic well done lad you made a poorly man very happy yesterday :)
Posted by: TheExiledMariner_Dubai, August 28, 2016, 12:26pm; Reply: 24
Bogle changed at Braintree away, he is 100% a confidence player, with the adoration he will receive from yesterdays dynamic performance i honestly think most of us will be saying Amond who? if we are not already. Did i see someone put some cash on him being top goalscorer for the league, i reckon he wont be far off... exciting times
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 28, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 25
Bogle changed at Braintree away, he is 100% a confidence player, with the adoration he will receive from yesterdays dynamic performance i honestly think most of us will be saying Amond who? if we are not already. Did i see someone put some cash on him being top goalscorer for the league, i reckon he wont be far off... exciting times

For me the changing point was Aldershot away, when he came on at half time.

Posted by: big al, August 28, 2016, 12:53pm; Reply: 26
Amond was clearly important in our promotion last year. Not sure he would have been this season but think Bogle may well be.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 28, 2016, 1:44pm; Reply: 27
Podge works hard and got the goals that helped us get promoted,

He will score no more than 15 goals this season as I think he has found his level.

Omar on the other hand could go on and play at championship level at least,

As long as he believes in himself.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 28, 2016, 3:05pm; Reply: 28
Podge has reached his level, Omar has the potential to go higher. I wasn't sure till yesterday that Omar had it in him to fulfil that potential but something seems to have clicked. I wonder if, aside from anything else, having a seasoned striker like Scott Vernon to train with has got something to do with it.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 28, 2016, 3:20pm; Reply: 29
Totally different strikers. Podge is coming to the end of his career and gave us the season of his life ending in Wembley euphoria, so i wish him well if he got himself a better deal elsewhere, he's probably earned it.

Bogle has huge potential and showed that yesterday for the first time in a complete package for 90 mins. It will be difficult for him to maintain that standard but if he does, he won't be here for long and will be moving up the leagues. Players come and go, so if they do the biz, enjoy them while they are with us.
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 28, 2016, 4:35pm; Reply: 30
Hope we can keep hold of him if he keeps scoring.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2016, 4:45pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
Totally different strikers. Podge is coming to the end of his career and gave us the season of his life ending in Wembley euphoria, so i wish him well if he got himself a better deal elsewhere, he's probably earned it.

Bogle has huge potential and showed that yesterday for the first time in a complete package for 90 mins. It will be difficult for him to maintain that standard but if he does, he won't be here for long and will be moving up the leagues. Players come and go, so if they do the biz, enjoy them while they are with us.

We put him on a 3 year deal for a reason and I don't think that reason was to allow his contract to run out. Bogle has so much potential that he may turn out to be a player that's right up there with the best we have had whilst in the 4th tier...........He may also turn out to be the "lucky ticket" that allows us to pay off the over draft and the next tax bill.

At times his non selection has frustrated me but I think Paul does a good job in not allowing him to believe he is a cert for the team sheet, yesterday was his best in a town shirt.........I am sure there will be more to come..  

Posted by: Rick12, August 28, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We put him on a 3 year deal for a reason and I don't think that reason was to allow his contract to run out. Bogle has so much potential that he may turn out to be a player that's right up there with the best we have had whilst in the 4th tier...........He may also turn out to be the "lucky ticket" that allows us to pay off the over draft and the next tax bill.

At times his non selection has frustrated me but I think Paul does a good job in not allowing him to believe he is a cert for the team sheet, yesterday was his best in a town shirt.........I am sure there will be more to come..  

Done really well yesterday by all accounts and Iam pleased for him.However lets hope now he maintains the level because as Mathews snr once told his young emerging soon to be famous son Stanley "your only as good as your last game and todays game will be tomorrows fish and chip paper"
Posted by: acko338, August 28, 2016, 5:45pm; Reply: 33
Connell & Amond both gave us their best season to date in their careers, so you could say that Town used their abilities and paid for them.

Bogle could go on higher if he gets his head down and listens and learns.

His confidence should be sky-high now and he now has to be considered as the No 1 striker here with deserved praise from the fans.

Onwards and upwards now !!
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 29, 2016, 12:11am; Reply: 34
Bogle. From the day it was speculated that we were after him from Solihull I was excited by his potential and it was no surprise the impact he made at Wembley. He's scoring regularly, yet I don't think he's half way to being the finished article he could be.

E-mailed cult zeros yesterday to see if they were doing an Omar T-shirt and today they prevailed.

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/22714/omar-bogle-grimsby-town/
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 29, 2016, 7:50am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Bogle. From the day it was speculated that we were after him from Solihull I was excited by his potential and it was no surprise the impact he made at Wembley. He's scoring regularly, yet I don't think he's half way to being the finished article he could be.

E-mailed cult zeros yesterday to see if they were doing an Omar T-shirt and today they prevailed.

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/22714/omar-bogle-grimsby-town/

He looks like a Zombie on the t-shirt.
Posted by: Grimal, August 29, 2016, 11:58am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Rick12
Done really well yesterday by all accounts and Iam pleased for him.However lets hope now he maintains the level because as Mathews snr once told his young emerging soon to be famous son Stanley "your only as good as your last game and todays game will be tomorrows fish and chip paper"

Link ?   ;)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:40am