August 17, 2016, 12:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

Probably I think he's sh!te

Wow! You are in a severe minority on that one. Bogle will get a lot better and IMO is headed for bigger things as he progresses and we may make a tidy sum from him. He is one of the first names I look for on the team sheet as he has it in him to be a real game changer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
arryarryarry
August 17, 2016, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jaygy

Wow! You are in a severe minority on that one. Bogle will get a lot better and IMO is headed for bigger things as he progresses and we may make a tidy sum from him. He is one of the first names I look for on the team sheet as he has it in him to be a real game changer

Whilst I don't think he is anywhere near shite, I'm not as optimistic as you as to where he will end up

He has to up his game as too many times he ends up whinging at the officials when better players just get on with the game, he needs to learn when to play the ball off rather than trying to beat everyone and end up losing it and his ball control has to improve as well.

Hopefully he will turn into a top player for us but I fear he might just slip backwards to non league.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Ipswin
August 17, 2016, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst I don't think he is anywhere near shite, I'm not as optimistic as you as to where he will end up

He has to up his game as too many times he ends up whinging at the officials when better players just get on with the game, he needs to learn when to play the ball off rather than trying to beat everyone and end up losing it and his ball control has to improve as well.

Hopefully he will turn into a top player for us but I fear he might just slip backwards to non league.

This.

He was beaten in the air every time last night, fair dos the bloke he was up against was a big fella. Bogle got frustrated and kept moaning and indicating he wanted the ball on his chest. This necessitated him playing with his back to goal and meant he had to try to hold the ball up but his first touch, be it chest or to feet is awful, the ball just runs away from him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Cloudy
August 17, 2016, 1:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Ipswin

This.

He was beaten in the air every time last night
, fair dos the bloke he was up against was a big fella. Bogle got frustrated and kept moaning and indicating he wanted the ball on his chest. This necessitated him playing with his back to goal and meant he had to try to hold the ball up but his first touch, be it chest or to feet is awful, the ball just runs away from him

Are you sure you went? Or maybe the hospitality got to you
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
chaos33
August 17, 2016, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Ipswin

Probably I think he's sh!te

That's sad because he speaks very highly of you!  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Bigdog
August 17, 2016, 1:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Omar Bogle got the goal his work-rate deserved last night. Had dreadful service.

James Mckeown made three or four great saves last night. Had no chance with the goals.

Both would be in a team/squad I'd pick to get us out of this division into League One. Sadly there were only four or five others that I could say the same about that were on the pitch last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Golden fox
August 17, 2016, 2:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Really rate Omar seeing improvements in his play especially with back to goal . Wasn't convinced last season he had the drive and work rate required but two times I've seen him this season he's really worked his socks off . He's a lot less raw than when we brought him in , hopefully we see a similiar upward curve from Browne and Bola who are even greener than Bogle was when he first signed on first impressions .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
Mariner Ronnie
August 17, 2016, 2:59pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

I think if Bogle hadn't dramatised it so much by diving into the net (double instead of triple somersault perhaps) he might have got it

Ha! Good one, like I said in an earlier thread, I can't take you seriously anymore, nothing but a pathetic WUM now, jog on.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
stevethefish
August 17, 2016, 8:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
At half time i was fuming last night. I then went for a beer and a urine and missed disleys goal and Omar's penalty claim.

I thought Mckeown was dodgy, Andrew was busy but ineffective. Boyce was terrible and lost the plot. Josh was better but we still let three in and Shaun was reasonably solid when he came on.

I worry about Ashley Chambers. He did nothing for me on Saturday or last night (except the cross for disleys goal I've just seen on mp.. Which i missed having a pee)

McAllister I like a lot. Think he will be good player for us. Craig was Craig and even took a heavy hit early on second half. Berrett is a busy player who I think will grow.

Bolly can run. That's it as the mo. Looks like the step up is a bit too far currently.

Omar - I was impressed with last night. Looks like he is maturing with his attitude.

Jackson - had an off game for me and missed a couple of good chances.

Got home at 12.30am.

Woke up this morning, less angry, more optimistic.

Can't wait for Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
KingstonMariner
August 17, 2016, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

I think if Bogle hadn't dramatised it so much by diving into the net (double instead of triple somersault perhaps) he might have got it

Are you flipping kidding? With that one of them could have pulled out an Uzi, shot half of our team and one of ours would have been booked for bleeding on the ref.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.